RYZEN PRICES REVEALED

>The Ryzen 7 1700, which has a TDP of 65 watts and boost clock speed of 3.7Ghz, costs just $317 - around 70 percent cheaper than Intel’s chip, which has the same clock speed and a TDP of 140W.
The 3.4Ghz Base/3.8Ghz Boost Ryzen 7 1700X, meanwhile, has a TDP of 95 watts and costs $382. AMD’s flagship 3.6Ghz/4.0Ghz 1800X flagship chip costs $490.

So what do we think?

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/cpu-bugs/
eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-architecture-features-revealed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna see some benchmarks

380 dollars for a CPU? Not even intel's i7 cost that much

It's about 50% weaker too. We know what AMD's feeble little cores are like.

Are you retarded?

I can believe the price, the performance, but not that TDP.

>AMD
>TDP of 140W
enjoy your housefires

>no Windows 7 support
Not buying it then

install gentoo

no w7 support??
I thought amd gave the nod to 7 a few weeks ago

I hope that by a leak you don't mean this bullshit screenshot of some Europe...

>$317 which probably means it's a conversion from an European currency and that's why it's not rounded up

Oh for fucks sake!

time for your meds

>enjoy your housefires

The 140W is the TDP of Broadwell-E

Why the fuck does a CPU need specific support for an OS?

its DRM shit like kabylake

maybe it works for win7 but they just stated that they officialy don't give driver support for it

Because Microsoft paid them to break it on Win7?

If its amd its guaranteed shit

whatever it is, it will find it's market value and i'll buy into it accordingly

That's the Intel i7 6950X, it has ten cores at 3ghz with a 4ghz boost for $1650

i7 6900k is $1000+, the 6950X is over $1700.

>being incabable of reading

You're really stupid.

State of neo-Sup Forums

Okay Tim, you can believe whatever you want, but this is not going to beat a modern Intel CPU with the same number of cores.

>4c/8t vs 8c/16t

Intel's engineers disagree with you.

If this actually happens I am going to enjoy my AMD stocks hitting 30, hell yeah new NVIDIA time baby!

Intelcucks, everyone

try running a old as fuck linux kernel on a modern cpu and see what happens

Yes they do.

obvious bait

uhhh no. no they dont, sweetie

CPUs have tons of bugs and the kernel works around it.
danluu.com/cpu-bugs/

See . The Ryzen 7 series is intended to compete with the extreme series, not with LGA 115x parts.

AMDrones on suicide, how will they ever recover?!

> no windows 7
Why waste it for loonix?

hehehe... oh sweetie, ryzen wont even be able to compete with a i3.

Like I said, Intel's own engineers have examined Zen in detail and they disagree. Why do you think the 7740k, 7640k, and 7350k exist?

The more interesting question is what will you do with your CPU?

>not supporting windows 7
What CPU should I upgrade to right now before they start only selling windows 10 CPUs?

If you're that worried about it, buy a Skylake CPU.

Does support really matter? I have ran Win XP on modern systems. Why can't I do the same with a more recent OS?

more businesses run xp then 7

>FAKE NEWS

Doesn't have to. Even if IPC is 5-10% less its close enough and 70% cheaper.

Its not like intel has been making great strides in performance the last few years.

(You)

AMD KEKS BTFO

Why does your hardware require drivers to properly interface with the OS?
Same reason.
The reason this shit will be Windows 10 only?
Money.

ANYTHING THAT SAYS ANYTHING OTHER THAN 95W AND LESS THAN 3.4GHZ IS INCORRECT

This will have two outcomes.
>it is genuinely competitive so will be priced at the same level as intel
>it is genuinely shit in so will be offered at a discount.
Either way there wont be any bargain i5 performance on offer here.

SHUT
IT
DOWN
THE GOYIM KNOW

> no Windows 7 support

What is the point ?
Who is going to buy it then, Linux shills?

>Are you retarded?
Flagship Intel CPU's cost about $340 unless you are looking at their hexa-core chips.

$317 is NOT 70% cheaper than $340.

Unless you are a cuck.

>8c16t
>competing with 4c8t
>not the 6c12t or 8c16t

>Either way there wont be any bargain i5 performance on offer here.
No now but 4 core 8 thread chips are coming later. If the i7 equivalent is as cheap as it is then the i5 equivalent will likely be just a cheap.

I want to see how the $250 and below chips perform. I'm hype.
I wonder if their lowest end quad core can compete with a modern I7

Modern i5* I meant

hmm, you actually are retarded.

If bench marks are good i will buy it

>but we need to wait even longer
This is why i dont like amd

Maybe top end will trade blows with a 6600(non-k) - maybe.

Man, I can't believed how retarded intelfags until I read this thread

>Reading the wrong TDP
>Comparing the wrong price.

Glad I can finally ditch my Sandybridge.

me in the middle

Literally kill yourself

>uniformed post taking a dig at amd

on games that don't support hyperthreading (like rainbow six siege), the 8 cores would be a huge boost.

Alternative facts and fake news are fucking real. What a time to be alive.

>mfw GAYMEN
>mfw the fact that it drives the industry

Unfortunately, parallelization and asynchronous computing are absolutely the way of the future for general home computing usage, games included.

I just picked up an 8320e/msi 970 mobo for stupid stupid cheap at microcenter. Figured Id start piecemealing my ryzen build now.

Bought a nzxt S340 at the same time, built my current rig in it and used the rest of the parts I needed from my athlon 750k rig.

I figured I would have to wait for q2 and the 4c zen, those prices do make the 8c tempting, I would love one, but Im still a poorfag budget builder

The industry has been saying this shit for years, but nobody in the game industry wants to implement it.

Valve has had multicore support for years, but the vast majority of games don't support it.

Gamers want a cheap chip that won't bottleneck the latest graphics cards. Ryzen is going to be a home run for AMD.

>Don't support hyperthreading
what

>AMD fags acually though a 8core chip would cost sub $200

When will they learn.

Shut the fuck up you bloody moron

Source

Mostly posts on normiebook and Tom's hardware.

my thoughts exactly

Nope. I want a faster chip for those utterly useless 3Dmark benchmarks. Plus I can dump folding@home better as well.

why Sup Forums is now a shit board: the post

or it can be both just like ATI HD3xxx/HD4xxx GPUs were, just to get huge boost into usage of hardware, so that you know, software wouldn't be only written for the competitor.

It's cheaper, but what's the single core performance like? If it's going to be another bulldozer/piledriver bullshit again, then AMD has let us down again.

i7 6900k 1049 vs R7 1700 300~

Intel babbies on suicide watch

Intel shills BTFO

No, the smug, you dip.

played quake and battlefront at 4k 60+ fps so id assume it would be good enough, its not like you even need major cpu horsepower for games most ppl just use i5s

now if you can get 'good enough' for games and 8 cores that put it on par with a $1100 6900 for multi core stuff for only $500 .....

I'm legitimately hyped for Ryzen because they actually TRIED NEW THINGS instead of rehashing P6 for the 20th year in a row like a certain competitor.

I don't care if Ryzen succeeds or is mediocre. Intel is going to have to copy some of it's neat tech like neural network cache prefetching and a boost clock that scales with cooling.

According to AMD's marketing, so grain of salt, Ryzen will boost as high as it damn well pleases if you cool it enough. SUPPOSEDLY it will continue boost scaling up to liquid nitrogen levels of cooling. The chip WILL OVERCLOCK ITSELF OF YOU FEED IT COOLING. That's just fucking neat.

>Ryzen will boost as high as it damn well pleases if you cool it enough. SUPPOSEDLY it will continue boost scaling up to liquid nitrogen levels of cooling.
Wait, where was that said?
I hope it's true.
I'M FUCKING HYPED.
I've always wanted to do sub cooling via peltier plate. I just hope the socket sticks out as much if not more than AM3 so I can insulate it right to prevent condensation.

Intel is going full damage control, early benchmarks show it stomping. Even if it actually was half the power of a 6900k, it still costs less than 2/5 of it. And it's not that much below.

Why a post about hopes for a monopoly break suddenly turns into an Intel Shills Shitfest? This truly shows how much everyone is scared or hyped about Ryzen. Because it is AMD finally catching up and caughing Intel with its pants down.

>normiebook and Tom's Hardware
>full of retards
Who would have thought

If what he said is actually legit, lets hope that the algorithm used for that system isn't fucked, causing the chip to OC too much and reduce its lifespan dramatically or even fry it.

The math I did, and bare with me, was done when we were told zen was half the size of a 8350

8350 came out a 200$ and was proffit.

Half the size means full chip could be as low as 100$ and still profit.

I have always though amd would target the i7 price with the flagship, and possibly have higher binned parts if they could, so matching an i7 or just the i7 range of around 350 was always where I though minimum would be as it gives amd a fuck load of room to compete with the i3 up to the i7, and completely negate the i7e lineup through the 8 core.

Now with what I know about amds yeilds, they could just produce a 16 core and 32 core and call it a day, selling them cheaper then intel would in the case of 16, and for a far better value then scaling up with intel would give you on the 32 core side. there is a possible 24 core sku, but I dont know enough about the mcm process they are doing and if it requires 2 or 4 cores respectively.

I doubt they will allow the voltage to go over safe thresholds without manual OC. the binning process will most likely separate CPUs based on how higher they clock within voltage and thermal parameters.

So can a nerd answer a question for me? If the benchmarks ND claims AMD have made are legit, is AMD basically selling the equivalents to 1000$ Intel CPUs at around half the price?

I haven't built a machine in years, but is this an AMD comeback as big as the Athlon x64?

Fuck off normie.

Planning on a -10 - -30c cooling. So that should be within limits. But the cruise control should really help in getting it working right, and hopefully a carryover function when manually setting up overclocks. Traditional you have to cool before booting with a serious overclock. But this can be a HUGE advantage mitigating that need. And increasing stability dramatically.
If they got this right, Intel's fucking done.

more like Athlon x2

>70% cheaper
god this pisses me off so much

eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-architecture-features-revealed/

>Extended Frequency Range (XFR) automatically scales the frequency based on the thermal loads and cooling apparatus while permitting frequencies beyond the standard Precision Boost limits.

not many need/want/can afford a 500 cpu.

if amd were offering a 350 cpu for 175...

amd fucked up pretty bad on their prices