Hey guys, so I have one of these that I really want to use, but it's got a password that nobody knows...

Hey guys, so I have one of these that I really want to use, but it's got a password that nobody knows. I DIDN'T STEAL IT, MY BOSS GAVE IT TO ME, HE DOESN'T KNOW THE PASSWORD EITHER. Please help. I've tried various methods to boot it into a "recovery mode" that don't work, and xperia companion doesn't recognize it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/Xperia Play - Hard Reset - Password Removal/30567
youtube.com/watch?v=iHWZ56hdPyg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mpohs2MXLjA
verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-42858/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

give it back tyrone. god dammit.

Delt sigjam herpdy doo

Give it back.

I didn't steal it :(

do a hard reset. see this:
ifixit.com/Guide/Xperia Play - Hard Reset - Password Removal/30567

Look up on Sup Forums g archive site. There are many threads where people asked for help and were answered.

Id like that phone with modern hardware

And actual analog sticks, those circle touchpads are complete ass.

Same

That doesn't work. I think mine is like an older version or something. Putting in the numbers doesn't do anything.

Install Gentoo

Help pls

No
Give it back Zahair

Wow that emulator is slow as shit.

But I didn't steal it

Well it is an ancient single core CPU running Android while playing video and emulating an N64, I wouldn't exactly expect it to be speedy.

Then why would you do both of them at the same time?

To demonstrate that it can be done.

>wow that is an underpowered single-core device from 2011 running current-gen Android multi-window and rendering Chinese cartoons with dynamic subtitles AND an N64 emulator with a non-trivial game at the same time
Just kys you're self
It works just fine when played on its own. This is a tech demo to BTFO all these people screaming
>MUH RAM
when it comes to lagdroid.

Don't try to fool us Hakeem, just give it back already

to show off that RAM is not an issue on Android and all the people complaining about lag don't know what they're talking about

>Used to btfo people complaining about ram
>Shows a laggy ass tech demo caused by insufficient amount of ram.

JUST

Can someone please help me unlock this

Can I just like reinstall the OS manually from my PC somehow?

couple of vids to try --
youtube.com/watch?v=iHWZ56hdPyg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mpohs2MXLjA

Try with the official tool, then look for flashtool on xda if it doesn't work

Neither works. When I do the button combos it just boots normally. All of the buttons do work though, I have tested them just to make sure

The official tool as in xperia companion? Because that won't even recognize the phone. I don't know what the other tool you mentioned is.

I'll give flash tool a go in the morning

since it boots up, try this then --
verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-42858/

It's locked with a password. I said that in the first post.

check and make sure you're doing the key combos right. you should be able to get into the recovery panel to do the reset. be sure you're holding them down when specified and keeping them pressed until told to release them.

Yup I'm doing it right. It's just booting normally.