/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

watchguy.co.uk/review-a-trip-inside-the-swatch-sistem51-eta-c10111/
hodinkee.com/articles/the-seiko-fugaku-limited-edition-tourbillon
ebay.com/itm/RAKETA-MOON-PHASE-guarantee-RARE-QUARTZ-MECHANIC-AL-USSR-WATCH/262824842844?
ebay.de/itm/391110414449?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any quartz perpetuals under 40mm ? Nice ones at least

What do you gust think of my Seiko 7002

faggot

Remember you don't want your $150k watch to be too flashy because that's classless.

Reminder that a $100 machine-assembled swatch is better regulated and has a more even beat than a $600 seiko.

have fun repairing the swatch when the movement fails

Now see what happens to it if you time it in any other position than dial up. Spoilers: it all falls to pieces.

In fact, here:

watchguy.co.uk/review-a-trip-inside-the-swatch-sistem51-eta-c10111/

"plastic escape wheel and pallet fork"
have fun motherfucker

It's my new favorite watch.

It's so simple, yet so god damn classy, but also unassuming.

Stealthy
t
e
a
l
t

I like that you can see both motor pulses in this picture

>"stealthy"
>not a rice burner Seiko 5 with transplanted GS movement
Step it up, Senpai.

>tfw I like it
>tfw 0 +/- seconds per month

For you

Stealthy? That thing is practically a reflective beacon.

>tfw quartz watches hold the time perfectly and don't die if you dont wesr the watch daily

If you are going to get a Grand Seiko why bother getting one that is so plain and boring?

What is that majestic creature?

hodinkee.com/articles/the-seiko-fugaku-limited-edition-tourbillon

>an overengineered and overpriced Seiko 5

Friendly reminder that its supposed to be a disposable movement/watch. If after 30 years it starts running like shit you bin it and get a new one, just like you would with a Seiko 5.

$150 is a bit much for a disposable watch. That and it doesn't take 30 years to run like shit when it runs like shit out of the box.

You should make a pastebin for recommended ranges and models.

Everything you posted is wrong, so just kys swatchcuck.

If you want a disposable watch get a Vostok

Too bad they actually last forever, and if they do break fifty years from now you'll still have parts dirt cheap.

the cheapest (new) seiko 5 i can find is 70 eurobucks, naturally since its swiss you're getting jewed about 50% so the 150 seems alright. I cant speak for the accuracy as i dont own one but i figure if they ran more than 5 minutes a week they'd get complaints,

normies dont want commie watches senpai

Vostoks are broken from the factory.

They're pieces of shit, junk, tinker-toys.

At worst they're inaccurate, or ugly. They are inexpensive and robust, which is a lot of their appeal.

For (You)

Explain why I should get this over an Orient?

Where did Vostok touch you?

you, as a watch enthusiast, none. they're marketed at normies and swiss meme fags.
they're also oversized and ugly af, but not nearly as bad as /wt/ says they are.

Aw fuck.
I want a penis quartz so bad

>yo, what kind of watch you want?
>you know that popcorn ceiling?
>say no more, senpai

>getting a Suwa rather than a superior Daini penis quartz.

>popcorn ceiling
How high are you?

Why would you need some expensive heavy uncomfortable watch?
Don't start with the "fashion" meme you fedora wearing fags.

I don't need to explain myself.

After looking for a nice quartz moon phase watch I've ordered pic related last night. R8 pls.

>inb4 quartzshit

Moon phase is one of the few complications that totally justifies a quartz. And it's a Swiss Ronda, I guess it's not that shit.
Thinking about removing the seconds hand myself if the ticking triggers me visually though.

Ronda are pretty good movements, I've got a watch with one and since I last set it when the clocks went back it has lost a total of 0.5 seconds.

I didn't know so much work went into my 30dollar beauty. How cheap is Russian labour?

I'm glad you found your watch finally but I must admit those numerals make it look like a toy from a Happy Meal. I hope its better in person

Consider that Vostoks are only priced low so that Russian laborers can afford them.

Since you keep begging for attention, I agree. It looks like something you'd find on Aliexpress for $5. Granted, Ruhla was never about high quality. Hopefully in person it doesn't look like such shit and you get a real strap for it. It will probably run fine.

>that ever so slightly misaligned day wheel

>that souless mass production

couldve gotten pic related senpai.
btw if you remove the seconds hand you will leave the seconds pinion exposed and it will look like shit.

I've never seen a site that actually sells those "cheap" watches for cheap. They're all still overpriced.

All other watch manufacturers aren't much different. Tons of mechanical equipment and rows of watchmakers assembling everything in batches.

i dont know what you're trying to say but i think its pretty comprable in price
ebay.com/itm/RAKETA-MOON-PHASE-guarantee-RARE-QUARTZ-MECHANIC-AL-USSR-WATCH/262824842844?

Those Raketas in a good shape go for over 60€ these days (without taking the shipping costs from vodkaland into account) and the design is nothing to write home about, not to speak of materials... fucking chromed brass.
The ruhla was 60€ shipped , has a better design imo, lume, water resistance, stainless steel case and a reliable Ronda movement. I think I'm happy with my choice desu.
Let's see how it looks irl, I will post pictures.
You are probably right about the issue removing the seconds.

>not wanting cheap decent mechanical watches for everyone

slavshit quality is gonna be slavshit quality but the raketa imo has a bit more charm and a nicer vintage quartz movement.

The Chistopol factory probably has more MUH CRAFTSMANSHIP MUH HANDMADE than whatever Skynet factory Swatch uses to shit out Omegas.

>>getting a Suwa rather than a superior Daini

Fixed.

>SKX falls on hard ground
>shake it
>rotor loudly moving around

Should I order a new one straight away?

Daini are superior in every respect.

Indeed. That's why Suwa makes printers now, while Daini still makes watches.

I thought Suwa made GS & Daini made the rest?

Where's lawyeranon?
Why hasn't he come back? ;_;

Probably busy being a lawyer. It's only been like a week or so, chill out nigga.

We've established he is now in the dungeon of an African warlord.

Which is a real shame because I wanted to show him my new seiko 5.

How can you be happy looking at your watch and seeing that obvious day-date misalignment?
My autism wouldn't let me sleep at night and I would rush to resell it desu

I'm just a happy go lucky kind of guy my dude.

Also I love how the date changes. It's nearly instantaneous.

>Also I love how the date changes. It's nearly instantaneous.

Yeah it better be for that fucking price.

>It's nearly instantaneous.
I saw high-speed footage by Seiko of it on YT. It might as well be considered instantaneous.

It was around $1800 total.

I figured what I pay upfront will be saved in not having to pay an arm and a leg to service it every 3 years, as I probably would with a spring drive/snow flake.

We'll see.

Also the accuracy that I've seen so far on this watch is just as advertised. Temperatures where I am have swung by 30 degrees in the past few days and the god damn thing is still at 0+/-. Fits perfectly on my wrist l, and feels quite solid. Like it could last a lifetime.

I sold a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope to get this. It's a step up imhof

Best Bauhaus watches for $350 or less? Not looking for clones or used.

Where did you buy this?

Where can you browse all Vostoks? I need a new one and want to see their entire lineup

Between about 1959 and the late 1980s, the two Seiko factories operated as independent competitors that did not share parts, movements, or R&D, but did share marketing resources.

While Suwa developed Grand Seiko branding, and Daini developed the King Seiko line, eventually both produced models in each line.

What bears noting is that Daini's movement designs tended to be technically superior, including one of the greatest volume produced hand-winding high beat movements of all time (the 45xx line that ended the Swiss chronometer trials), one of the best volume produced chronograph movements (the 701X), one of the greatest series produced 28,800 bph autos ever (the 52xx), and the only ladies sized 36,000 bph movement ever produced.

Personally I also happened to prefer Daini's styling to Suwa's, but that is a matter of taste.

>I sold a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope to get this. It's a step up imhof

good move. that line is so overrated and tinny.

Braun
Mondaine
Brathwait
DW

What's the general opinion on Tayroc Watches? They look very nice for the price and have only heard good things about the brand.
Pic related is TXM087

Any 39mm

Vostok Amphibia

Amphibias even btw I'm replying to OP who replied to OP and I'm also OP

Just scrolling past threads, saw this post and had to say that it's the only nice looking watch I've ever seen posted in these threads. Congrats, you're not an autist like 99% of the others. You should buy it m8.

The other day these peeps said they were shit

they are.

but you wanted non-clones in the dirt cheap price point. those are the ones that have their own design.

They are desu

orient bambino gen 3 is somewhat bauhaus

How high would I have to push? Definitely can't even get close to Nomos-land

Stowa
Max Bill Junghans

2/10 because I giggled

Junkers?

here you go senpai:

ebay.de/itm/391110414449?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Glad to see someone who seems to like it as well heh

Did you buy it or made it?

nice smartwatch

If you get lucky on eBay you can snatch a Soviet Bauhaus Pobeda for cheap. I got pic related for 27€ shipped on an auction.

>tfw gave it to my brother for christmas
>tfw have never seen him wearing it

I should have rather bought him something more expensive instead and kept the goddamn watch, fuck.

let's say i want a milanese strap, should it match the clock;s body color (silver+silver), or it can be also black ? I think it would be not so good looking (black milanese on silverish body), but can't find photos, maybe because it's an atrocity!