/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Alleged Sony XZ successor caught in live shots
gsmarena.com/alleged_sony_xz_successor_caught_in_live_shots-news-23309.php

Samsung Galaxy S8 to have 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh batteries
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_to_have_3000mah_and_3500mah_batteries-news-23305.php

Huawei Honor V9 with 6GB RAM and dual camera setup to be officially unveiled on February 21
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_v9_to_be_officially_unveiled_on_february_21-news-23297.php

Samsung Galaxy S8's Bixby virtual assistant rumored to support 7-8 languages
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8s_bixby_virtual_assistant_rumored_to_support_78_languages-news-23253.php

A brazilian user has a Moto G5 Plus; 5.2" screen, NFC and 12 MP camera
plus.google.com/114294696205537776971/posts/hsJY3qKchMY

old

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/xiaomi-mi5s-plus/antutu
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-letv-max-2-x820-4gb-64gb
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
in.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/LeEco-Le-2-hands-on-review/articleshow/52690405.cms
tech2touch.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-vs-leeco-le2-one-better/
phoneradar.com/leeco-le-2-vs-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-smartphone-comparison/
androidauthority.com/high-capacity-microsd-cards-android-gary-explains-690710/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do not use 3dpd for the op

thank you

PLEASE I NEED TO GET A PHONE UNDER $300 IN CANADA THAT WORKS ON ALL LTE BANDS AND HAS A GOOD CAMERA

HELLO??!!!

Get a used one plus or any galaxy

but aren't they shit

any recommendations for a zuk z2 case?

contract ran out, going to buy my own phone so i'm not getting cucked by plans anymore

just need something good that's waterproof, guess a fingerprint scanner on the back/side would be neat, i'm sort of tempted to get the s7 on a plan again since a provider here is offering a semi-decent plan but i just know i'll regret it

live in aus if that makes any difference

Honor 8.

where to buy in canada

www.google.com

What's the best place for custom roms?

I just bought a 3T, and want to go with a custom rom that will allow me to change the layout of my phone. I'm sort of the artistic type, so I'd like something with some leeway in that regard.

XDA

Though if you just want to customise your homescreen you only need a custom launcher such as Nova Launcher

And KLWP, i assume he also wants xposed modules for the status bar, lcd density, fonts and lockscreen customization.

oneplus 2 is shit
galaxy s5 and s7 are great, but good luck trying to find the s7 from a reliable source, but idk
oneplus 3 is great as well

what's a normal score for snapdragon 821? my mi5s plus got 138323 on antutu which seems to be more like a snapdragon 820? but cpuid cpu-z says it's snapdragon 821

here it says 164119? are there two different antutu tests?
kimovil.com/en/xiaomi-mi5s-plus/antutu

Never had a smartphone before.

If I walk into the Verizon store (US) with a unlocked G4 play from Amazon will they activate it for me?

Can I just call in or do I need to go in? Is there an activation fee?

i wanna get the Cuck z2 but can someone please explain to me how important having ALL bands for LTE is??

Fags are saying they used the Cuck z2 with my carrier but they said reception is worse and so are speeds

Thanks senpai.

S6 took a shit and I don't really need a top of the line phone

US
Under 400 burgers
New preferably
Big battery
1080p screen
Something that isn't slippery as fuck without a case
If possible something that is running or getting a nougat update.

That depends more on the phone rather than the brand you dumb pepe poster, you're right on apple though, don't buy that shit unless all you do on your phone is social media shit, gay hookups and have the money to throw away the old phone and buy the newest one as soon as said fashion accessory comes out.

The OnePlus One, Moto G1, Galaxy S5, HTC One M7 and Nexus 4 are still receiving shitloads of third party support despite being ancient by today's standards, and it seems like the Redmi Note 3 Pro is going to join them soon, notice how a samsung phone is amongst those "legendary" phones.

Both Motorola and HTC have guides on their webpages telling you exactly how to unlock the bootloader if you want to flash a rom, OnePlus doesn't but it's just as friendly, only HTC honors warranty if you unlock though.

The pixel is trash by the way.

Moto Z Play

Everyone recommends the Moto G4 Play as the ultimate cheap american phone, but GPS hardly ever works on them. Something to do with Russian satellites.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE ANSWER ME

I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION BY TOMORROW

Just get a Moto G4

Why won't you tell what carrier are you on you fucking fucktard.

>8mp rear camera

lmfao

Public Mobile you dumb shitskin it's the same though for major NA carriers

700mz bands

pic related

Yeah looks fine B7 is the main one in Canada.

I've heard that the 700mhz bands are used for building penetration though

and i live in my parents basement so I kind of need it to be good enough

How about

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-letv-max-2-x820-4gb-64gb

Has all 4G bands.

Kind of significantly more expensive, plus it also doesn't have 700mhz band.

Yes it does.
It's below $300 CAD like you asked.
No other chinkphones will have all NA bands except Huawei and they're all expensive af.

It's an issue of many phones, not just this one, it has something to do with CDMA or whatever trying to connect with burger carriers (verizon and t-mobile) using special snowflake satelites instead of the usual ones the rest of the world uses.

oh shit looked up wrong model

Hmmm. I'm trying to think if it's worth paying the premium.

""" It works on public mobile, the only thing it is lacking is the 700 wireless band which some user in some older posts said it will reduce your reception in downtown building areas because 700 band is used for building penetration. Although another user said they've been using it on Rogers networkand they're getting good LTE reception and posted a speedtest of 90Mb/s (page earlier). They also posted that they're getting 45-55Mb on Public Mobile. """

why the fuck doesn't spotify have a "clear cache" button that doesn't log you out and why does nobody care about this?

you can clear the cached songs manually in the file manager so I don't know what the fuck's stopping them from adding that option.

>using botnetify

lmfao

So my phone has crashed many times while I try to watch long video but I'm unsure what maybe the reason.
Is my moto e too weak to handle video rendering?
Is cyanogen too inestable?
is FF too resource intensive?

>he thinks more megapixels means better quality pictures

>getting your music from (((the cloud)))

Allow me to laugh at your retardation while i listen to some eurobeat flacs on my HTC10 with a 128GB sd card.

You're using firefox to watch the video? I've had the same thing happen (on chrome though). I think it's because it's buffering the video into memory, but the video is so long that the memory gets full which makes the browser crash.

>youtube videos on the resource drain that is firefox mobile
>on a phone with 1 gb of ram and a 1.2 dualcore

Lmoa, just download youtube or newpipe and watch from there, i watch hour long videos on my 512 mb ram alcatel piece of shit using the youtube app.

By the way, dont even bother with nougat, you won't be able to multitask either.

That's what I imagined, How's cyanogen default browser for videos?
BTW is cyanogen's default browser a chrome clone?

>newpipe
Sweet thanks

ZTE Axon 7 or Huawei Mate 9 Pro or wait for the Samsung S8?

If you mean Gello then yes, it's based on chromium which is the open source version of chrome. Don't know about the old default browser.

Yes Gello, I will give it a try

I'd wait a bit but not for the S8, the thing is shaping up to be total shit, they upped the resolution but made the battery smaller, at least they didn't remove the 3.5 jack though.

Axon 7 has shit software, Mate 9 Pro is overpriced chinkshit (classic huawei).

The old browser was based on samsung's and AOSP stock with a few tweaks for extra freedoms, i don't like the new one, it looks too "flashy", i just downloaded chromium from the f-droid store and went with that one.

>s7 great
>solid glass
>non removable battery
Why would you fucking lie to people? Just to be an ass? Does it make you feel cool?

The battery size of the S8 looks really poor considering it's tech and Android 7's iffy power usage.
>Axon 7 has shit software
Looking at a A7 thread on another site and slot of people seem pretty happy with ZTE's software updates fixing issues
>Mate 9 Pro is overpriced chinkshit
It looks like it's priced between a S7 edge and probably the S8, while having specs slightly better than the S7 edge.

What would you suggest for now or what's worth waiting for?

So is the pixel phone still worth it at this time or should I continue waiting till some new phone pops up sometime this year?

it was never worth it

dont bother waiting for the pixel 2, its confirmed to use sd821 still and release with a budget version with a mediakek soc, knowing those jews they will go full apple and remove the earjack

will the zuk 2 work with public mobile in canada

Bought a One Plus 3T a few days ago. Unlocked the bootloader, Rooted with MagiskSU, running OmniRom 7.

Absolutely solid.

Hey Sup Forums how good is this for $50 brand new with a micro sd 32gb bundled? I got my moto g 1st gen mugged and the idea of a cheap lte decide seems nice. I just use it for basic social, and music

Hell of a deal even if it's not exactly the best phone, the LTE version packs a SD410 with 1GB RAM/8 ROM, for example the Moto G4 Play costs 120 dollars on average and is only a marginal upgrade over it (SD410, 2/16, 720p screen, removable 2800 mAh battery).

I'd get it, the 32 sd card costs 10-15 dollars alone and moto phones have a shitload of third party support.

Any smartphone needs a SIM card, and you'll need an appropriate plan.
Go to your provider and make sure that your plan includes calls, texts, and data
make sure that they give you the right size SIM card
they dont care what phone (they do, that's part of commissions) but really the important part is the SIM card. They couldn't give 2 shits about your phone

willmyphonework.net
you tell me

Hello dogs,

I'm looking for a CDMA, 4G LTE smartphone for $30 or under, bros.

Do I have any decent chink options, friends?

says missing some band

>wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

Sounds great then, since I dont multitask a lot it seems it can fit my needs, Also theres a htc 625 for around 150 how good is that one?

xiaomi redmi 4 vs Zuk z2

which to cop senpaitachi?

Is it worth keeping nougat or going back down to marshmallow for battery life?

I've heard here that the LeEco Le 2 has bad build quality, but checking online reviews say otherwise.

>Stellar build quality
in.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/LeEco-Le-2-hands-on-review/articleshow/52690405.cms

>LeEco Le 2 feels slightly better in this segment because of its thin and light profile compared to Redmi Note 3.
tech2touch.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-vs-leeco-le2-one-better/

>The Le 2 from LeEco is one such handset, the edges and curves will make you fall in love with the handset, in comparison to the Redmi Note 3, it is quite sturdy and offers better build quality.
phoneradar.com/leeco-le-2-vs-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-smartphone-comparison/

So why is it not shilled here and the inferior Zuk Z2 is?

maybe because it doesn't support lte and cost more you fucking imbecile?

What exactly stops an Android phone from accepting a microSD card of a capacity higher than it's "up to X" specification? (And having it be able to use all of the space, that is.)

Or is it not actually a hard limit and there's some way around it?

Recommended alternative to SuperSU?

>cost more?
Yeah, according to who's mother?

I hope you wash your mouth with soap first before you say something after not having a source.

look it up retard 25% more expensive on every gook chink site

>4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)

ZuK Shills are desperate

>Le 2 $146
>25% more expensive

Yeah made me look. My mistake for listening to ZuK Shills.

>Every gook chink site
>gook chink

Developer settings.

not in north america you dumb ass chink fuck

>North America
>Buying Chink Shit
>Thinks they're important

Kek

Femanon here

The Le 2 doesn't have a headphone jack. That rules it out for a lot of people who want to listen to YouTube on their phones

>The Le 2 doesn't have a headphone jack.
Femanon here

I don't see the problem. Just use bluetooth earphones?

Galaxy note 4 has a great camera, provided you use touchwiz

>Femanon here
How the fuck is this relevant to anything you self obsessed whore?

>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
just kys and don't come back here

Xiaomeme Mi Mix Pro ($1150AUD) vs Galaxy S8 ($???)

I'd easily get the Mi Mix if the Galaxy S8 weren't coming out soon. But I know the Mi Mix still has a better battery and overall better looks. It's also highly durable and scratch resistant, the only weakness being the glass-to-ceramic edges (which the included case fixes).

I'm not a fan of the curved edges on the S7/S8 either, but it seems the S8 does have less bezel and a better camera.

What do you guys think?

nexus 6 are $335 new on amazon if you don't mind 1440p

What are custom roms

You'll get 10h sot on redmi 4. And around 6h on zuk.

What case are other OnePlus 3T owners using?

I'm not finding a lot that catches my eye.

I just got a book case that can be easily removed when I use the car holder.

The problem is that it looks ugly and I can't find anything like this that doesn't look like shit

That's my current problem. Most of the ones I'm finding look like shit.

This explains it pretty well
androidauthority.com/high-capacity-microsd-cards-android-gary-explains-690710/

If it says "up to 32gb" it means the phone only supports the SDHC standard. It will accept larger size cards but only when formatted as FAT32. Phones that support the SDXC standard will accept microSD cards up to 2TB without needing formatting.

>Technically any Android device which supports SDXC couldadvertise “expandable storage via microSD card up to 2TB.”But because 2TB microSD cards don’t exist (yet), most OEMs will say something like “expandable storage via microSD card up to 128GB” where the “128GB”bit could be a different capacity depending on when the device was released and what is the highest current microSD capacity that is commercially available.

How much data do you really need? 1Gb seems too little but I don't want to spend more if I'm not going to use it.

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER ME?!!!

Hey /spg/, need a bit of help.
My GF recently bought a Huawei P9 Lite, but it's having a weird issue. Sometimes it warns about temperature being lower than operating. When this happens, the battery app doesn't recognize anything other than charge% (Pic related). It usually show everything ok. Did this battery came bust? Should I tell her to get the phone replaced, or at least the battery replaced?

It does up to around 16mp, after that it depends on the quality of the sensor and lens. It's not like any of you fuckers shoot in RAW anyway, so all your photos look shit.

What is the best hifi phone! Bonus if cheap!

Apple® iPhone® 7 Plus™ of course! Wireless EarPods® allow for a higher level of audio quality!

It doesn't work like that. You can't make any judgement on photo quality on the amount of megapixels alone. Which phones have the best cameras at the moment? Samsung S7, iPhone 7 and Google Pixel. All have 12mp cameras. Redmi Note 3 has a 16mp camera, surely it's good? Nope, it's shit.

Axon 7

Do you have one?

As expected.

That's because they have good sensors compared to the shit sensors in some 16mp phones. Those phones are still a decade behind mirrorless cameras in sensor tech.

Hello. Any phone with a screen under 4.5 inches that has a fingerprint scanner? Better if its ip68 resistant and still gets updates.

Thanks!

With android the closest you'll get to those specs is Sony Xperia Z5 Compact and X Compact. They're 4.6" and have fingerprint readers. Z5 is waterproof, X isn't.

On Apple's side there's iPhone 5S and SE. Both are 4" and have fingerprint readers but neither is waterproof.