Thick and heavy as a brick

>thick and heavy as a brick
>shit battery life
>semen stained keyboards
>only available used
>have to spend another $100-$200 for SSD/RAM/battery/screen upgrades before it becomes usable

Why does Sup Forums always meme about thinkpads?

thats a T420 the pot smoker's laptop!!!

buy it and you will have good weed to smoke for all your life

>hell yea
>nope
>not if you buy from a refurbisher
>so?
>nope
because it's a solid laptop that you can trust to not fall apart on you with the computational power to do programmer things

cuck laptop

>not that thick and not that heavy even with a 9cell battery
>5 hours of battery life
>replaceable keyboards, new ones still available on ebay for $20 - $50
>caring about used when these thimgs outlast a shitload of modern laptops
>you bought a good laptop for $150(max) and care about the costs of an SSD despite it all being $300 cheaper than a new laptop

That's why.

I don't get why you'd buy a really old laptop over a new Chromebook. Chromebooks are thinner, get better battery life, and can have more modern ports (USB 3, type c), and even the cheapest ones have build quality at least on par with a used laptop. You can install linux distributions on most Chromebooks, so you can do all the ricing and shit you'd want to on linux. I guess an older laptop would be better if you needed Windows though.

Because it will still work fine when you bought your third replacement tablet/consumer laptop.

posted from my T60p

>5 hours
You sure? My non genuine Chinese 9cell does 6h of weeb cartoons and 10h while being left idle calibrating the battery, I guess it could do about 7 and a half with light usage.

Worst piece of shit ever made, fucking "G" meme me into one
>Literal eye cancer screen, even the most expensive t460s wqhd screen is so much of a dark eye cancer piece of shit made for literal biorobots not humans i cant even express my disgust. T*2/3/4 series not even worth mentioning, they are utter shit
>thick and heavy as a brick
>shit battery life
>semen stained keyboards
>only available used
>have to spend another $100-$200 for SSD/RAM/battery/screen upgrades before it becomes usable
>made by the worst tech company to date

CAN WE PUT AN END TO THIS FUCKING MEME? FUCKING BURY YOUR SHITPADS and buy an objectively superior macOS™ system -- the OS choice of the mentally unchallanged part of the population

I have a Dell Latitude E6320 I paid $50 for. Apparently the screen is on par with the T420 screen. I'm definitely not buying another laptop with that kind of screen.

They can't afford one user...

>unchallanged

>"thick and heavy as a brick"
>x220 is only 3.4 lbs

musclelets, when will they learn?

What do you call an audiophile but for computer screens? That's what you are. If you want to pretend that this is a huge issue for you, go right ahead. FWIW, I got more value per pixel out of my $120 T410 than out of my last new laptop, a $700 Acer I bought in 2010 that lasted barely three years. Doesn't really matter how good your screen is when it stops working, ne?

>he didn't get a W520 with the fullHD screen

>computation power to do programmer things
What did he mean by this?

It weights more than modern ultrabook style laptops and only has a 12" compared to the usual 13-14". The weight is fucking terrible for 12".

>non genuine chinese shit

enjoy your explosion burns you cheap fuck

>weights more than something that can't be upgraded/repaired and has shit build quality
ok

As someone that buys everything from China and never used or cared about any kind of warranty, thanks I will.

- posted from my xiaomeme rn3p :^)

I bought a X220 and I was fucking sad, it literally was a meme.

>shit screen
>shit battery
>worst touchpad I have ever used
>Had to add 4 more GB of RAM
>Had to put a new battery
>Build quality was not even that good
>Worn keyboard, which I was probably going to change.
>Was thinking about changing the screen also
I returned the piece of shit the next fucking day. I am never trusting Sup Forums again.

3.4 lbs is embarrassingly heavy, and it's over 4 lbs with a 9 cell.

Gr8 b8 m8

>paid $120 for a T410
>tfw I got mine for $30 and a 128GB SSD for $50

I meme about thinkpads because of their durability. My thinkpad cost me $80 TOTAL and it runs like a charm. Hell, I even beat it with a cane Tuesday for 5 minutes straight, still works.

I'm looking at an x230 for 100$ and was wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not it has an upgradeable processor.

>canadian
>thinkpads are all $250-300 minimum

Which ones?

Bought x200i for 130€
SSD for 40€
Ips screen for 60€
9cell battery for 25€
Great screen, 10h battery life, decent I/O, fast and reliable laptop for 255€

T420 and X220

I bought a W520 and it's great

>good full HD screen, good colors and contrast even though it's not IPS
>battery is alright
>touchpad is ok but a bit worse than the T60 one
>8GB RAM out of the box
>Build quality is alright
>keyboard almost like new
>powerful quadro and intel quadcore
>good cooling system, case doesn't get very warm even with high load

T420's aren't worth that much, but expect to pay that much for an X220. has two buyers' guides for this shit.

>core 2 duo laptop weighing 5lbs for 255 poverty bucks

More like Sandy Bridge i3 inside a solid build for the price of a shitty celeron netbook

>sandy bridge
Either you got scammed and you are too dumb to figure it out or you have a x210.

My fault, I typed wrong, it's a x220i

Not bad.

can write 'hello world' and 'fizzbuzz' in 15 different ways

craigslist
guy want 100 bucks for it.

Lenovo ThinkPad X131e
Condition: Very Good
CPU: AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 128GB SSD (Solid State Disk = Fast)
Display: 11.6" HD LED anti-glare (1366x762)
Webcam: 720P HD Webcam
WIFI: ThinkPad b/g/n Wireless BT Combo (1X1)
Connectivity: Ethernet RJ45
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux is Installed / Microsoft Windows 7 License Key on bottom of laptop
Battery: Lenovo OEM Li-ion 20 5130mAh (6-cell: up to 8.5 hrs)
Audio: Stereo speakers / Digital mic / Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7310
Power Adapter: Lenovo OEM 65W 20V
Weight: 3.92lbs with 6-cell battery
I/O (Input/Output) Ports: VGA / HDMI 1.4 / 2 USB 3.0 / 1 USB 2.0 powered (always-on) / 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC slot)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.55" x 8.50" x 1.27"
(OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Military-Specification Testing & Extra Durability Features

>E
>Educational
DON'T.

Bought a used x230 for 240€ with ssd/i5/4gb and it outperforms every new laptop in every field, except render time for heavy tasks, but if it is more than half a hour I have a desktop only for that.

The lulz was last night, a friend of mine had to record his 2015 MBP's screen to make a video for a webapp and everything was laggy as fuck, like 1FPS in certain moments thanks to its gorgeous Retina Display™. Didn't have switchresx so nothing to do.
Gave my TP to him, downscaled to 720p, ran OBS and Firefox and everything worked fine

i would be using it for travel. Not looking for anything gaming. just the basic web browsing, youtubing, occasional pron, just a beater laptop.

Don't do it, it's a garbage laptop. Slow as fuck, keys regularly pop off. Also the "solid state disk= fast" comment is moot when you have an absolute shitstain tier CPU.

I work in a school district that deployed these and I am constantly having to "fix" these pieces of trash because they're too slow. Good luck on that 8.5 hour estimated battery life too, lmao, keep dreaming you won't get over 5 at best.

alright. thanks for the info, ill look else where

>thick and heavy
My x230 is not that thick and is light.

>shit battery life
10h, tested, browsing the web.

>semen stained keyboards
I have a gf for that.

>have to spend
Spent 40€ in a SSD to complement the HDD it already came with, it wasn't essential for performance.

Salty?

I love my t420 even if i would prefer a x220 or x230.

>computational power to do programmer things
Hi Nef.

>computational power to do programmer things

That AMD CPU can't even play 1080p youtube. I'm not memeing.

>