Why are Macs so much more reliable than Windows?

Why are Macs so much more reliable than Windows?

100% hardware compatibility

unix

>default doc filled with shit you don't use
Gross

>why is hardware more reliable than software?

It's genuinely bothers me how many people keep their OSX dock filled with all of those programs you know damn well they don't use.

On top of that, having the "launchpad" in the dock is redundant as fuck when there's already a gesture to open it, and an Applications folder in the dock.

>only support mac hardware
>only worry about current iteration software
>only rely on a consumer base flush with cash
>increasingly popular with middle and upper class professionals - developing standard use
>not spending immense funding on sperg projects like MS with their fucking moronic touch fetish for laptops, desktops

The only problem in the future of Macs is that Apple continues to neglect the x86 laptop platform for more profitable phones. The thin and light meme has gone far enough for laptops but they're still thinking in phone mode all the time so it's beginning to pollute their practical industrial minimalism in that market. If they can resurrect the 2013-2015 MBP with current specs they'll be untouchable again but that would require a level of conservatism within Apple that they probably don't have yet. It will probably take another year or two of failed and unwanted innovations in the laptop line to bring them down to earth.

Much as I prefer Linux for software development, I believe Apple's Standard Oil approach to the hardware/software problem is the only way that the computer can progress at this point. Hardware is hitting limits, software is increasingly the way to define one's platform, and the only way to ensure good software is to tailor it to an explicit hardware lineup.

>t. mactoddler

funny, because at my workplace, the only computers that constantly make problems like freezing, crashing, inability to log in for days, inability to access network storage etc. are macs. Seriously if we didn't have to develop some ios apps, we'd get rid of them

They're not.

If you use Windows the same way you would use Mac OS X, that is: using only the most popular commercial software downloaded from official sources, you would have the same level of stability. In practical use there would be very little difference in your experience with each operating system. Photoshop is Photoshop whether it is running on OS X or Windows.

The perceived instability of Windows comes when the user attempts to push the envelope with the operating system by running hobbyist software without the same quality control and compatibility as professional software suites. The experience with these can be buggy. But they also allow greater flexibility with the operating system.

The Mac hardware itself is less reliable than the better quality PC components. But that is a given considering you an use a much wider variety of hardware to run Windows.

I disable that gesture because it's conflicting with another gesture I set on BTT. So I keep it there.

I've been using an air for five years with NO issues. Also, name a better Windows trackpad. Even better, did you know you can run Windows on a Mac? Wow!

>Even better, did you know you can run Windows on a Mac? Wow!

Great, so you can run Windows on weaker hardware for 2x the cost of a Windows machine.

>I've been using an air for five years with NO issues. Also, name a better Windows trackpad. Even better, did you know you can run Windows on a Mac? Wow!

This is literally a bot post. Notice how it has little relevance to any of the points in my post. It just brings up generic talking points.

Try again, wincuck.

Also I just learned it's no longer Mac OS X, it's just macOS now. Lowercase m.

I haven't even seen any mactoddlers sperging out and correcting people on this so I am forced to believe a lot of the people spamming these threads don't even care about Apple, they just like to bait for replies.

Proves absolutely nothing other than the low intelligence of a Mac user for thinking Sup Forums users don't know what the word anonymous means.

I corrected someone yesterday. They didn't respond.

I am a windows user. macOS is better than windown's syndrome in every way.

*anecdote about my 8 year old nephew's MacBook breaking*

>hardware
there are reliable computers on the windows side for hardware, but they cost as much as a mac anyway
>software
less marketshare= less malware

But guys, you can disable Windows 10 ads! It really isn't taking any information, I swear!

>more reliable than windows.
>Setting the bar low much?

>zero content

a true shitpost

If your computer is freezing or experiencing glitches that you did not expect it's because you're a dumb ass, not because your operating system is at fault.

>>Setting the bar low much?
Believe it or not there are some who have a very high opinion of Windows.
They have, obviously, never used anything else and couldn't because it's not exactly like Windows.

>a true shitpost
False-flagging is a way of life for some people.

no it's fucking bullshit
I do tech repair in a faggot town full of rich faggots that only own macs and they aren't anymore reliable.

>t. mactoddler

What do you mean by that?

> Adobe Flash
> muh quality professional software compatibility perceived experience flexibility control

Speak in English, faggot.

It's a well-documented fact that Microsoft breaks the OS with its own updates. Apple is guilty of the same, but it's extremely rare compared to MS.

>extremely rare
Good joke.

>compared
Good reading comprehension.

I wouldn't say so, apple is just more hush hush about it. If you are a certified tech you get access to gsx, their backend for all their faggotry. They release known bugs and issues on there and it's hardly ever facing the public. Everyone that comes in believes there problem is an anomaly and the exception, when in reality Apple actually could have a mass recall for your model of macbook (like the 2011 15 and 17 inch macbook pros) and they won't tell you. I had hundreds of apple fags want me to fix their email when it stopped working after El Capitan. I've been working pretty much exclusively with macs for about 3 years now and really...they break all the time, and they roll out updates that fucks shit up.

Made in the USA

MacOS is Unix at its core. It has about 30 years of CS Operating system experience behind it. It the same reason Solaris was more stable than any NT version.

But it's made in China.

Because when they fail, it's usually something someone using it as a facebook machine won't notice.
Like yesterday, mine's speech subsystem just died. Don't know how long it's been dead for, just that it won't read shit for me any more.

Fool it is designed in California