Whats the difference between 0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 in blocking a domain name in the hosts file? Both do the same, right?

Whats the difference between 0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 in blocking a domain name in the hosts file? Both do the same, right?

127.0.0.1 points to your local web server if you host one.

0.0.0.0 is a black hole

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address, anything sent there is sent to the computer itself.
0.0.0.0 is the default route, it represents everything not in the routing table. These requests are sent to the default gateway, usually 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1.

Would it be possible for software to do some kind of dead hands mechanism to fuck shit up if they understand that the software connection to remote servers is blocked on purpose? Which one of these two options would fit better in this case so the software thinks there is no internet connection and not "connection refused"?

Literally what the fuck are you talking about or trying to do?

I've got some software, that if it detects that the software is blocked to connect, it will brick itself.

It functions somehow with the windows "connection refused" permission like bullshit.

But if I just disable internet on the router, it will keep working.

Simple enough for you to understand now?

>simple enough for you to understand now?
Yeah bro I got you. You just need to unleash your powerful ninjitsu to fuck up those remote servers and hack into the gibson with your dead hand mechanism that will pierce the heavens! Make sure to tip your fedora at them for me.

Cringe

lol look at this faggot. that was simply my theory since i never had a software like this and im still not sure how or why it bricks itself as soon as i add it to my firewall

but yeah, we both now know who's the fedora tipping faggot you underage leet hacker

Not my fault you didn't know the difference between a loopback address and the default route then acted mightier than thou when I asked for clarification when you made no fucking sense. Go back to Sup Forums with your torrented games.

OP, you lost this one bruh. This thread has revealed you to be ignorant and a dummy. Take this L and go home

yeah, always these "smart asses" who know how to bitch and don't know shit. I could do that too, just join some random threads and say "stupid fag" to everyone who has a question.

But both your answers will still result in a "connection refused". I understand that you know the difference, good for you. Hope you feel smart now but tell me how to block something, making the software think there is NO internet connection, my smart friend. And don't come up again with random bullshit, just answer the question.

You have to be 18 or older to use this site.

then leave

If you talk like this and aren't underage you must be some kind of turbo autist or something.

>"haha he doesn't know something that i don't know too but he is ASKING, so im edgy "le Sup Forums club" and tell him to leave"

We both know which one is who, kiddo.

See if you didn't act like an underage sperg I probably would of helped you, but the fact your oblivious clearly implies there's something wrong with you. How about you google it, kiddo?

>I probably would of helped you

no you wouldn't because you don't know shit either. You just post here on Sup Forums to make others think you relate here since they can't really know who the real you is.
This makes you feel good. You make others here think you know shit, by trying to copy/paste, by spewing buzzwords and the like. but you will still be the same retard as before

now go and browse other threads trying to find someone with a question, and tell him that ebin copypasta" you must be 18..." to make you feel superior

GO

Alright I'll give you some examples to see if you really have any self-awareness or not because this is gold.
>Would it be possible for software to do some kind of dead hands mechanism to fuck shit up if they understand that the software connection to remote servers is blocked on purpose?
>Simple enough for you to understand now?
>We both know which one is who, kiddo.
>GO

Please tell me what exactly was confusing to you? And no, this isn't going to be "Gold". It would have been literally 6 years ago, but not now anymore. I know you may be new to all this fancy "memes" and shit like all the other millennias who just discovered the ebin interwebs, but no, not in this day and age anymore.

Simply green-texting what I said won't solve anything. This is just another clue that you don't know exactly what to say anymore, and hope that inside the text you green-texted may be something interesting you don't know about, and assume others will find it funny simply because you put a > at the beginning.

Again, what exactly didn't you understand. Im pretty aware that i may have not put the words correctly but without you telling me where the error is i cant fix it.

Woah you really are that oblivious.

What's up with all the fucking reddit spacing these days?
>>>/reddit/