Well, fuck

Halfway through flashing my Redmi 3s (the bigger one), dummy.bin wasn't found (but there is a dummy.img). Now I can get into the system menu but when I select download, it boots up directly and proceeds to this message.
Thus, I can't try the flashing again, at least not this way. Chingchong board is useless.

Wat do

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php
en.miui.com/unlock/
xiaomitips.com/guide/miui-to-start-android-enter-your-password-issue/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop flashing and buy new phone.

Typically you can push stock images through adb or flash a ROM with a custom recovery

But not sure how chinkphones handle adb access
This is why you don't get Chinese botnet phones...

Give it back, Jamal.

Put it back where you found it Tyrone

Use the EDL mode and read more guides before flashing you dumbass.

Just restore from backup

GIVE
IT
BACK
JAMAL

tyrone, we know you're not telling the truth

Who the fuck is tyrone/jamal

>he fell for le custom rom maymay

Fuck you lineageos is great

Well OP, now you have a nice expensive paperweight

>backup

I thought I completely bricked my Redmi 3s but flashing it back turned out to be easy. You have to get it in recovery or edl whatever mode, but it doesn't work like the Note 3 where you just press the volume button and power button at the same time.

You have to enter a command in the adb shell thingy. Just search Redmi 3s EDL or recovery mode and go on the forums, and there should be someone giving the command to get into it. I think this mode is only for flashing the official normal MIUI rom though. Once you've flashed the MIUI rom, follow the standard procedure to get your phone unlocked for rooting by doing that thing online. Once rooted, you can do the normal method of flashing roms.

i had troubles with xiaomi bootcucking me (not that specific problem tho), in the end had to install MiFlash in vm

Working on it.

And no, it was a "custom" chink rom, not lineageos or whatever. I'm just trying to get to a non-custom, standard rom.

Also, fuck you, I'm no thieving shitskin.

Chinese botnet phones are on average easier with the number of ways to access a recovery, adb and so on.

On this xiaomeme you should have fastboot and EDL still, even if you broke the recovery.

Why the fuck do you people buy these cheap shitty chink knockoff phones?

Snapdragon 430 in 2017, I mean really?

>Why the fuck do you people buy these cheap shitty chink knockoff phones?
Because they're actually pretty damn good deals.

> Snapdragon 430 in 2017, I mean really?
Nah, user probably bought an older model to save more money, or did it a while ago. There are newer models like this:
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php

Arguably, you probably have enough processing power on either for most apps. Not like everyone plays games.

Format /system and reflash

Still on it.
I'm currently at:
remote: Critical partition flashing is not allowed
and
device locked, oem edl is not allowed

Because that's what my budget and subsequent purchase for a data phone was and nothing more. Period. If you 'charge' your phone by purchasing new ones, that's your choice. This one was my choice, so go eat a bag of dicks and chill.

> Critical partition flashing is not allowed
> device locked, oem edl is not allowed
Not sure if you can easily work around this. I'd suggest to just unlock it first if you still have fastboot:

en.miui.com/unlock/

>en.miui.com/unlock/

Which brings me back to the OP post. As I understand, I will need GUI access to the phone, which is blocked by the dialog "To start Android, enter your password". Trouble is, I don't recall setting any password. (Articles say it can be a number code, digits 1-6, from what the gesture unlock would be if it was drawn on a number pad. Alternatively 0000, or password, or default_password. None of that works, either.)

1-9, I meant.

>Who the fuck is tyrone/jamal

Stereotypical characters from the Black community.

I think I did use it from fastboot.

Buut I actually don't know where that password sits. Maybe it's in the way.

Isn't this a Google PW dialog, by the way? you also forgot the PW to your google account?

(cont'd)
Actually, maybe it's also the PIN. Or something.

xiaomitips.com/guide/miui-to-start-android-enter-your-password-issue/

Either way, not sure it'll stop you from using fastboot to unlock and install TWRP or whatever is necessary.

I'm also not absolutely sure you're prevented from flashing one of the fastboot recovery ROMS Xiaomi also provides.

Flash using the tgz image, I had the same problem, easy as fuck.
The official image just works, don't try stupid custom roms again.
Do not ask me for further advice because today I won't be able to monitor this thread.

As said, several pages including miui forums have articles (like the one you linked) that mention this message, and explain how to (supposedly) get around that. Again, I hadn't set up a gesture or pattern, or a pin, at least I don't recall. At any rate,
** I performed a factory reset before attempting to flash. **
Also, there was no google account associated with this phone at the time of flashing attempt. I would hope that even if there was, it would have been nuked by the reset.

Common nigger names. Niggers (in US) and gipsies (in EU) are the ethnical groups with the largest percentage of theives and con artists, thus jokes like "give it back, Jamal." can often be seen on Sup Forums when someone is trying to bypass any type of security while claiming they're the ones who actually own the device. The jokes imply that they in fact don't own the device but have stolen it (as niggers would do). These comments are classified as shitposts and are mostly made by people who want to sound funny and hide the fact that they don't know how to bypass the security measures of a device, contributing nothing to the thread while sometimes meant to imply OP's incompetence to handle their belongings.

Thank for the explanation.

Oh nice, new warning message!

Warning! Your device will be wiped after n more failed attempts to be unlocked!

Well, shit, that's exactly what I want, especially if it nukes that stupid password request!

Do you have your bootloader unlocked? You need to request it and confirm via SMS. Can you boot into fastboot?

official image was what caused the lock in the first place. Apparently, there are tgz with both a dummy.img and a dummy.bin. The offical ones lack the dummy.bin, but Miflash didn't complain until it was halfway through flashing. Next I saw after rebooting was this stupid password screen.

Yes, I can. Also, checked. That's where I get the error messages listed before when accessing using "Minimal ADB and Fastboot".

Look at all those dubs!

Also, I didn't do any unlocking. I ...

Well, fuck me sideways. After enough wrong inputs it stood on the mi.com powered by android start screen for at least 10 minutes. Now it has a MIUI 8 welcome screen even though I never managed to witness a successful flash (see that dummy issue).

Let's see how far this goes ...

Right, Phone is up and running again, displaying Android 6.0.1 MMB26M and MIUI Global 8.1.1.0 (MALMIDI).

Again, only terrorist regions, from Algeria to Zimbabwe. The only proper EU country available being Spain.

Well, I hope I am not going to see rogue ad overlays again anytime soon.

nigger, where did you steal that phone from?

banggood.com

Nigger.