Has AMD's time come?

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-389-8-core-cpu-benchmarks-leaked/

Is it finally happening? Idk how credible wccftech is, but it seems like we've got a CPU that is worst case scenario definitely comparable to the best the market has to offer right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-wraith-cpu-cooler,4450.html
pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shill

We haven't even seen the newest beast Intel is working on, and this new AMD Ryzen struggles to keep up with the 7700K that has already been on the market for for many months now?

I was expecting very least for the 4C/8T version of Ryzen to at least edge out the i7-7700K considering it's an unreleased processor going against something that has been on the market for months already.

Instead, what we have is an 8C/16T CPU that only edges out the 4C/8T i7-7700K in one benchmark, while only being competitive in the remaining benchmarks.

Intel is very tough to beat in benchmarks, and AMD is finding that out the hard way. What we need to see is gaming benchmarks, because that's what the majority of us most likely care about.

It makes it hard to spend $390 on a CPU that is a step back from a $340 CPU.

>same MSRP
>literally two times as fast in all tests
The fuck are you talking about?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Golem get ye gone, faggot.

>poojeetech

so they're suggesting:
$389

The AMD Ryzen 7 1700X outperformed every other CPU in 5 out of the 8 tests. Including both of Intel’s $1099 8 core Broadwell-E i7 6900K. In comparison to Intel’s $999 8 core extreme edition Haswell-E i7 5960X, Ryzen was faster in 6 out of the 8 tests.

This looks very promising. I refuse the hype train but I am cautiously optimistic.

>isn't this bannable outside of Sup Forums yet?

Won't buy a CPU which does not Support win7

So you won't buy any CPU made after Skylake?
Good for you, you'll save some money at least.

Kaby Lake works on Windows 7, obviously we have to wait to find out if Ryzen works on Windows 7 or do you mean you won't buy a CPU that doesn't have official support for Windows 7?

Ryzen can't compete with high-clocked 4c processors in single-threaded loads, but it sure looks like it will kill the vast majority of demand for the 6800/6900.

Seriously if it works why does it matter if it's officially supported? I'm seriously asking. All I can think of is drivers or new instructions that the OS doesn't support, but then isn't that Microsoft's fault for not updating Windows 7 to support them NOT Intel's job.

>Idk how credible wccftech is

not in the slightest

Because normalfags only understand what "supports" mean.

There is nothing inherently different about win10 than win7.

Basically this. Im planning in building my Last rig after graduating and starting to Work. After that i will probably ride with it until it dies

>Their stock cpu cooler (rgb backlit)

MUH FUKIN DIK

"Officially supported" means the vendor is committed to providing support and it will always work, sans ever-present bugs.
Kaby Lake (and most likely Ryzen) is on the level of "we don't care but if it works - good for you".

Or, you know, install gentoo.

>Buying high end cpus to run an OS on them without games, the main reason to buy high end cpus and gpus as a consumer

>high-end CPUs can only be used for gaymen
I need 16 threads for faster gentoo installs.

I need 16 threads to cross compile gentoo for my x220

Stay dry pupper

The 1700X seems to be on par in most cases and much better in some cases compared to a i7 6850 and still be about 55% of the price.

At the moment I'm running a 5820K and I will most likely switch to a 1700X or 1800X if the benchmarks seems to be genuine.

>Tim Curry
;_;

>he main reason to buy high end cpus and gpus as a consumer

Yeah sure, forget about programming, high end cpus are ONLY for gaymers

Did i, May i say it, trigger you?

Sad thing is that Intel will just lower their prices and the retards will buy Intel over AMD.

Why are consumers such sheep.

You're dumber than them if you think Intel will lower prices.
Intel has never lowered prices, even during their assrape of K7.

>K8
K8 actually.

K7 was pretty good and competitive but it wasn't assrape like K8.

K7 and K8 both, actually.

>Idk how credible wccftech is
clickbaiting pasta level

K7 was just good, K8 was literally assrape with no lube applied. And AMD is about to do it again.

>Currytech

No

>>Intel has never lowered prices, even during their assrape of K7.

um

k7 was faster than intel offerings at the time

how old are you?

>K7 was just good, K8 was literally assrape with no lube applied.
no kiddo, K8 was too expensive when they led

K8 chips were more expensive if they were faster, the ones at similar performance were half the price and ones slightly slower were a third of the price.

CERTIFIED
SHIT
WRECKER

It's only been on the market for a little over a month dumbshit. And it's just an overclocked 6700K with dogs hit TIM. Nothing impressive Intel needs a good teabagging

In multithreaded CPU benchmarks wow an 8 core 16 thread beats a 4 core 8 thread
Wow truly incredible who saw this coming

I need a quick rundown on these guys

>not a single website showing single core performance which is what AMD has always been bad with
Confirmed it won't have good single core performance

Is that a meme? Because I've seen this reply a lot.

I'd say you need a quick rundown on that meme

>At the moment I'm running a 5820K
Sell this shit now.

Think I'd be ok to upgrade to a Ryzen system once they start coming out? This is my current rig.

>1060
Why? Also yes, buy whatever mobo and CPU and then salvage the rest.

basically nobody considering the last time AMD put out an 8-core desktop chip it couldn't even match 4c4t chips from Intel.

>We haven't even seen the newest beast Intel is working on
literally the same shit they already have out. There's nothing new to be seen from Intel, it's all the same grey slurry at this point. It all performs the same in all tests.

if they are still as loud as all the AMD stock coolers before who cares what they look like
with the stock cooler on I could barely hear the airport anymore

I think I should seeing how good Ryzen seems to be competing against high-end Intels at half the price.

But I'll wait til I have seen some genuine user benchmarks just to be safe, but right now Ryzen seems to be really good.

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-wraith-cpu-cooler,4450.html

It's pretty decent.

Anandtech has a review of the wraith cooler. Its basically 1-2c apart from the Hyper212+, and its pretty quiet.
Really good for a stock cooler.

Look at this faggot grasp for straws.

If anything, seeing how desperate the paid shills are should be an indication of how done Intel is.

nice butt you have
i want more

That's disgusting.

Hes alive you benis.

Yes, but he's more or less paralyzed.

>>We haven't even seen the newest beast Intel is working on
>15% improvement over Kaby Lake, which was coincidentally a 15% improvement over Skylake, in synthetic benchmarks that "may" be Intel-optimized
That Coffee Lake sure looks like a """"beast.""""

Moarcores and moarGhz though.

> newest beast
OK

its one of these threads again

pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html
>“To achieve the highest confidence in the performance of our AMD Ryzen desktop processors (formerly code-named ‘Summit Ridge’), AMD validated them across two different OS generations, Windows 7 and 10,” AMD said in a statement in response to a question from PCWorld. “However, only support and drivers for Windows 10 will be provided in AMD Ryzen desktop processor production parts.”

You sure about that?
The 8350 is better than the 6700 in cinebench

>cinebench
>realistic test
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that.
There's a very very small subset of tasks that bulldozer and derivatives are good at. Mostly rendering or well threaded non-FPU loads. It's not good for FPU-heavy operations or operations that do a lot of memory read/writes or operations that only use a single core.

It's a shame Summit Ridge is only dual channel, but I guess they had to keep cost down.

Pretty much
Single core always has and always will be bad with AMD
Ryzen is no different

Hahaha intel aint doing shit, rebranding binned chips won't give shit. Intel has probably hit the wall with their arch.

>curry tech

Ryzen is so completely different from Bulldozer that it's laughable that they even came from the same company.
Good single core performance, good multicore performance without sacrificing single core performance, decent clock speeds, and low power draw.

Because it's a clear sheet design.

Honestly your PC is still fine.

So I guess it's AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU combo being the best choice then? Shame I upgraded to 6700k few months ago.

There will be 4 core ryzen parts as well, which should clock higher than the 8-core parts, possibly with an overclock.

the leaks are pointing towards the 4-cores being pretty low-binned compared to the 6-core or 8-core chips. It might end up that the higher end parts clock much higher regardless of the active core count.

Regardless if AMD puts a 4 core under $200 that can overclock over 4GHz it's a fucking steal.

I'm really excited to see the 4 core numbers.

Either way I'm setting aside a few hundred bucks now. I just got the 7700k and I think it will do well for most Adobe shit. But my partner is due for an upgrade and I really want to specifically get into Premiere more.

Exciting times!

i don't get it too, can someone give me a basic gestalt?

>my life partner is due for an upgrade
Since you're both faggots why not get him a touch bar Mbp?

The history of Bulldozer is a long and sordid one. It was first talked about at Hotchips 2004 or 2005. AMD gave a little presentation on what would be their highest serial and multithreaded throughput design ever. Then it disappeared. AMD ran into all of their troubles with intel, and no one heard a peep about it until the Phenom IIs rolled around. It was basically rushed, not fully developed, last minute changes were made which radically modified core width and general design. It was a mess. Then of course we had Global Foundries doing a pretty poor job with IBM's 32nm PD-SOI process. Leakage of parts was pretty horrendous, and every line of chips made on it had ghastly power draw apart from the newest e variant Vishera chips.
Llano, Trinity, and Richland could all have power draw routinely touch 130w or slightly higher. For supposed 100w parts. They originally wanted clockspeeds north of 4ghz, I think something like 4.5ghz, and the FX8150 launched with a 3.6ghz base clock. Pretty far off target.

>credible

>wccftech

Single thread scores
3.4ghz Ryzen: 2,046
3.2ghz 6900k: 2,307

Integer scores
3.4ghz Ryzen: 39,672
3.2ghz 6900k: 37,168

FP scores
3.4ghz Ryzen: 14,807
3.2ghz 6900k: 16,651

Looks pretty fucking impressive for a 95w chip comparing to a 140w chip. Some concerns were raised bout the relatively slow DDR4 kit used in the Ryzen system, CAS timings were exceedingly high, so memory performance suffered a bit, and its been shown that memory scores can have a big impact.
If Zen+ increases IPC 10% on average then intel will be in a very tough spot competing against AMD. This is absolutely fantastic new. There is real competition in the desktop X86 market again.

This is the best year for hardware ever.

I just hope Vega is as good and competitively priced. Really need something for my 1440p 144 Hz FreeSync monitor.

>low single thread scores
Fuck it's DoA isn't it? Most applications don't even use a quad core.

All core turbo on a 6900k is 3.5ghz. It'll usually stay locked there fyi.
No idea if turbo was used on the AMD chip. Results could be even closer at equal clocks.

I'm sure leaks about Vega cards will start coming out in a month. Its supposed to have a Q2 release.

Thats like 90% of Broadwell performance, I wouldn't call that low.

Here's your (You)

That NCU stuff they talked about may very well make a monster out of GCN.

>No idea if turbo was used on the AMD chip. Results could be even closer at equal clocks.
it doesn't seem to have been

quick runown on them
>rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs
>in contact with aliens
>rumoured to possess psychic abilities
>control france with an iron fist
>own castles and banks all over the world
>direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>first designer babies will be Bogdanoff Babies
>both brothers said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Bogdanoff twins
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Bogdanoffs will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

Do you guys think a Ryzen APU + MOBO will not draw more than 150w? I want to put it into one of these.

That seems like a safe bet, but there are no ryzen APUs yet.

"benchmarks"

Still waiting on official benchmarks.

Until then I'm skeptical.

I always see posts like this. They're so routine I have to wonder if they're from legit paid shills or some kind of chat bot.
Any leak showing poor performance is of course 100% legit, 100% of the time, without exception. Any leak showing good performance is met with people proclaiming to be skeptical.

Really boils the old cashews.

It's called common sense.

You're reading into it too hard user

Thats not common sense, its willful ignorance bordering on being violent.
CanardPC tested a chip, and showed its relative performance in productivity and gaming workloads. Their results were legit. Ryzen per clock performs very close to Broadwell. When you compare Passmark scores of stock clocked chips it shows pretty much the same thing. Two sources with legit benches showing the same level of performance.

Sure thing kiddo.

This is not funny you underage faggot

>Thats not common sense, its willful ignorance bordering on being violent.