Computers

If you got 15,000 dollars to build a really good computer for criminal hacking intentions what would you build or buy and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

id buy a used x220 Thinkpad for $80 from a crackhead on craiglist ... install Kali Linux on it and hack your mom

dope

A disposable pc like a raspberry pi. You know nothing of hacking.

/Thread

i bet there are better computers for cracking than raspberry pi's

depends if you want to do stalker/troll shit buy a laptop second hand or you can scavenge parts together and make a machine powerful enough for hash cracking

a pi is shit you would be better off with laptop and an antenna

but if you had the chanse to buy them new what would you buy?

the graphics cards everything else can be bought at a discount and is not as important maybe a mobo depending on how new you are trying to go with the graphics card

> the graphics cards
Probably AMD cards, BTW. Or ask Chinese to develop an ASIC for that specific algo.

what gpu would you reccomend?

Build a 48 core/ 96 thread server with 256gb of ram, of course.

idk this guy has a good idea

$14,999 worth of GPU's, then try to get the other bullshit with the $1.

lol what gpu would you recomend?

Probably just virtual servers all around the world and one dedicated gpu farm for hash cracking.

For $15,000 purchasing server time for has cracking would be an infinitely better choice and probably save money.

>criminal hacking
shitty laptop without built in backdoors. id setup an actual botnet

get a quadro

top kek

A shit load of quadros or titans

He is talking about hacking not cracking idiot

Stupid fucking idiot... You'll get the shadow full of sha512 and will be unable to crack it.

I would buy a lot of powerful graphic cards to do the trick.

A hacker is someone who enjoys playful cleverness—not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the old MIT free software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean “security breaker.”

Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are “crackers.”

>Buy some servers
>Get a nice place with AC and grid indepedent eletric supply
>Get local IT business to deploy their projects with you.
>Provide state of art support
>Charge them some money
>Profit.

Hacking is for script kiddies in their mom's basement, the ubermensch build business that helps his homeland.

I would buy a 15,000 dollar computer built for hacking and then use it for something worthwhile.

What is opportunity cost?

Hacking can be worthwhile
Hacking is playful cleverness.

>Hacking is for script kiddies in their mom's basement, the ubermensch build business that helps his homeland.
see

There is a difference between hacking and penetration testing.

With penetration testing, your assets can be freely exchanged throughout places other than the black market. And most importantly, you land a stable job while also protecting infrastructures from people who think hacking is a good idea.

You mean cracking and penetration testing.

cracking /= penetration testing. Those are two very different avenues.

Cracking deals with data you possess, but typically, do not own

penetration testing deals with hacking into things with the "victims" consent. Usually an agreement would have to be made beforehand. Like making sure you don't crack a recently acquired database of hashed passwords.

Well penetration testing becomes legal when the consent is given by the client.
It becoming legal allows security and flaws to be discussed and discovered in the open where they can be patched and solved instead of hidden in the dark where they remain bountiful sources of illicit income.

l33t xXxH4X0rZxXx

Hacking has nothing to do with breaking security.

>this guy that I like doesn't like the way our language has evolved.

It's a goddamn word, stop being the language police. I didn't like it when my parents told me not to curse, I don't like it when my jokes are considered "hate speech" and I don't like it when someone tells me I'm using a word wrong. You know goddamn well what I mean.

Hopefully I don't have to harp on this any longer.

Chill. No offense. It's your choice to be wrong :)

Set aside about $500 for a Thinkpad T400, a Raspberry Pi 3, GPIO cables, BIOS flash chip clips, a 750GB SSD, a new wireless card, and 8GB of RAM. I would then install Libreboot and Debian.

I use the rest to hire poo in loos to spam captchas and rent out servers overseas, and buy a router capable of running OpenWrt. But those things aren't a part of the computer.

I'd build a nice gaming rig with a GTX 1080 meme and run away with the rest because I'm a criminal after all, am I not?

Hacking != CRACKING!

>laptop and an antenna
wtf is an antenna for?

>needing a graphics card for hacking
you don't need to do gaymen while hacking

I'd get a used server for cracking somting like a Dell R810 with 4 - 8 core Xeon processors for around 1k delivered.

The hacking part i assume

>Debian
One of the necessary objectives would be no botnet user.

Debian respects your freedoms. Reminder also that desktop environment != operating system. If you have hardware that requires non-free drivers (which aren't included in the default image anyways), then it's time for new hardware. You also need to disable Intel AMT and the management engine itself and flash alternative BIOS firmware like Libreboot or Coreboot. That's how you completely rid yourself of the botnet.

If you're using AMD hardware, just trash it since you can't disable PSP.