HP Spectre x360 13t

HP Spectre x360 13t

13.3" 4k IPS Screen

512GB M.2 SSD

16GB RAM

Dual IR Cameras for windows hello support

Intel Core i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz)

HP Active Stylus Pen

Convertable

Is there a better ultrabook for less than $1400

Other urls found in this thread:

costco.com/HP-ENVY-x360-13-y013cl-13t-Touchscreen-2-in-1-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---QHD+-.product.100317294.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stop shilling this shit. There's another thread up for it already. sage in all fields

Dual-core CPU with no dGPU for $1400. The shilling is real.

>ultrabook
It's like people can't read

Why not the non-retard-spec version for $1000 flat?

>$1400 USD

lolnope

>the state of HP MacBook clones

>giving up 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and 4k display???

I don't know mine has all that but 3200x1800 and no digitizer just touchscreen
It also has a better port situation like this I think I just might have the 2016 one now that I think about it, it has a 7500U though so I figured it was newer.
It's a Costco variant so I can't find the specific model number

If I'm not mistaken you have this costco.com/HP-ENVY-x360-13-y013cl-13t-Touchscreen-2-in-1-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---QHD+-.product.100317294.html

You probably have the late 2016 version instead of the new 2017 version.

actually you might not even have the spectre

Almost but mine had a 512GB SM951 SSD option
The name says envy but there isn't a non-Costco envy like it at all, it really has the exact same body, logos and specs as the spectres of that same time

-shrugs-

If you could tell me more about the differences from Envy to Spectre of these specific models please do, people online seem to be just as confused as me about this naming, I mean what I have is identical to the 2016 Spectre x360, even though it says Envy and that there is no retail Envy that looks like that

Yeah mines 13-y013cl that's it, no 13t
Either way if you don't care about the digitizer it's a great one for $1000

If you could provide a model number that would be a great help.

Digitizer is necessary for note taking which is invaluable for me

I already have a $50 Wacom pad that fits in the laptop sleeve also so I'm not too worried

Personally I don't like the feeling of pen on glass, I'd much rather be using this seperate pad and have the laptop screen set reasonably, but I could see how a digitizer would add a lot to the tablet side of it

>name justifies the crappy specs at that price

>name
It's a form factor you dumbass

>4k
>i7
>$1400
The battery life must be horrible, a cheap chromebook with linux installed would be more portable than this. Plus you can just buy a new one if anything happens to it.

better battery life than dell xps 13 and macbook pro

The battery life is actually extremely good
And I believe it's like 2 lbs
The CPU is 15w, where Kaby Lake failed the desktop market, it brought serious gains in power saving for laptop cpus

Dell XPS 13

Why? Because the XPS has an actually usable keyboard instead of that shit on the HP that was designed by a retard.

Actually false, reviewers have stated time and time again that the x360 series objectively has a much better keyboard than the xps series

I own a x360 4101dx and I love the keyboard, it feels much more responsive than a XPS 13 or MacBook (old or new gen).

here with more comments. My 4101dx is technically the second generation, which is the first generation (4003dx equivalent) but with Windows 10 by default. The battery life with the 1080p display is fantastic - at least 8 hours with moderate usage. The 15W Intel processor is capable enough, but heavy tasks heat up the aluminum body quickly. The fan is very quiet and is effective. It's pretty light and very easy to carry around.
Quality control is an issue - my original Spectre (the 4003dx) had a motherboard issue that prevented it from starting up after a cold night, and now that my replacement's warranty is expired, it's having the same issue. I also had to take it apart and plug in the WiFi card because the mongoloids at the factory couldn't. Like I said, the keyboard is very enjoyable to type on and full sized.
The touchpad is also large and generally responsive, with the very rare glitch because Synaptics. The hinge on the x360 is a bit too loose so there is some wobble and it can flop around it you pick the laptop up by its keyboard quickly. I use the tablet mode on occasion, the size and weight are both a tad much compared to dedicated tablets but it's great for reading textbooks or watching videos in tent mode. Audio is okay, but older models like mine use Realtek audio, the driver is terrible and it took over a year to fix basic issues that should've been caught at launch. The Synaptics digitizer is shit and is far less sensitive than other devices with Synaptics digitizers.
If anyone is considering the newer 13" Spectre x360 models, I give them a conditional recommendation. The USB-C charger is much more universal than this barrel plug (which is used for all HP laptops but nowhere near a universal standard), but the keyboard has far less travel and reminds me of the new MacBook Pros. At least all the 15" models still use the old design.

The Envy models are for consumers who are impressed by big spec numbers and target the $1000 price range. You'll find more ports, cheaper construction, and phillips screws holding it together. Spectre models target the $1200-1500 price range and are more for portability and people who want a laptop that is made to a higher standard than the average HP laptop. (Obviously that isn't quite the case.) There will be less ports, longer battery life, solid construction, and torx screws on the bottom (but phillips screws inside).

Keep telling yourself that

>being this retarded
Kys

See that's the thing, my has the exact same body and battery as a Spectre x360, I even checked it at best buy
Online people were saying that even calling Hp about this question got answers like yours they say "who it's aimed towards" and "higher end" but literally can't even think of anything when customers ask what the literal differences are
That's what I'm saying, there's no envy on the market like these ones, that use the Spectre body and form factor

>torx screws on the bottom
>higher quality
No they just make it cater to the market of people just buying things because of the commercial instead of being expected to open it up once easily and look at the hardware

I got torx screws by the way, just checked
I just don't understand, what is this machine

>wants shills in here
>prioritizes my image before the text
k
this is pure shillery get the fuck out

>When you finally leave your thinkpads

lol this is disgusting. So glad Apple has quality control and is super willing to replace the slightest thing that isn't perfect

Is that the 13 or 15 inch Spectre

Literally nothing wrong with the laptop in that image wtf are you talking about

>This is ugly
This is beautiful

get a mac you ultratard

Are you insane?

I have a 2016 MBP and only have 2 adapters that remain attached to the devices they're used on. Care to try again, sweetheart?

It's the 13 inch Envy x360 that is actually exactly like a Spectre x360 from here

Good for you, my mom has also only needed one port on her tablet

>needing 2 adapters on your person at all times to use basic hardware

>ONLY
>TWO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I never carry any on me. If you could read properly you would see I said they stay attached to devices they're used with. Poor idiot.

You use two whole peripherals huh?
People who use their laptop tend to need more.

I never seen anybody actually defend permanently needing adapters

>3.5-hour battery life
>will be broken at the hinges by this time next year just from normal usage
yeah nah I'll stick to MacBooks™

Not him, can you answer the question?

I bet they were 70 dollars each

Cucks like you should be shot

Actually $9. You can go to bed now.

>3.5 hr battery life
Yeah user you're not getting 10 hours on maximum usage with any laptop fuck off
>muh hinge
Its actually engineered quite well

Keep defending apples ludicrous pricing

It's kind of embarrassing that you windows guys are so used to shit-tier QC that you don't even notice this stuff anymore unless it's literally pointed out to you

>HDMI
>USB ports that 99.9% of peripherals use
>Headphone jack
>Precious almighty omnipotent Thunderbolt 3 for devices you still don't buy
So mad

these arrows are not pointing to anything out of the ordinary...

The battery life is actually very good, compared to any other ultrabooks it's competing against the Spectre definitely wins battery life
The hinge hasn't failed yet on previous designs

Are you actually retarded? Serious question.

That's called an aluminum unibody, you never seen one before?

ebin

I think he's mad about them being USB A and not C
The USB C port is in the background because it's actually irrelevant

Are you so used to garbage that you can't even see it anymore?

No its shit-tier construction and it looks like it's about to fall apart.

That your connections are dusty?
What are you referring to, I see the same things you do

You're a lost cause, I give up

>Macfag do delusional he's complaining about problems that aren't even there

are you gonna make an actual point or just keep posting stupid bullshit? just gonna ignore you if you don't post something of substance next

Those aren't gaps, dumbfuck. Go learn what perspective is.

*so

The metal lips are there too you idiot
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking that you weren't actually completely retarded and referring to the metal needed for USB-spec ports

the fucks the point of 4k on a 13.3inch screen when you need to use scaling anyway just a resource hog.

>this will be defended in this thread
>a technology board

Your connections are just as sunken in as the spectres. Like someone said, they're not gaps, that's the metal of the aluminum unibody you're pointing at

Kys

Media looks SO much better

Scaling doesn't affect text or images, that's a big advantage
But I agree 4K that size is silly, even QHD is more than enough, 1080 is fine but for super clear text and such a little more is worth it imo

Can someone who doesn't give a shit (like me) explain what these autists are complaining about?

I've seen a lot of computers like this including Macbooks... seems like a standard design nowadays

im sure it does but i dont really sit that close to my laptops when using them to get the full benifit

Old Spectre btw
Not defending anyone, just saying

Its a 13.3" screen, you'll be fairly close, ESPECIALLY in tablet mode

I'm sorry that we don't all have turbo autism.

>WAHHH IT'S COPYING MY PRECIOUS ONE OF A KIND MACBOOK
>WAHHH IT'S DIFFERENT FROM MY PRECIOUS ONE OF A KIND MACBOOK

Jesus christ itoddlers just choose one and stick with it.

it's a shame that Windows can't actually scale properly to that DPI lol

>EVERYONE ON Sup Forums IS ONE PERSON

Actually windows 10 does a pretty good job with dpi scaling. This isn't 2014

Can you explain this further?
Everyone always enemy's this but I've run into no problems at all, only the occasional program that doesn't scale bigger, and I feel like that isn't Windows fault
Just curious

Everyone always memes this*
I'm using 200% scaling on a 3200x1600 laptop screen and 150% scaling on 2560x1440 27" monitor
Windows 10

I'm too lazy to explain the technical stuff, google it, I'm sure people have already discussed it here and on reddit at length

>Thinks paid adverts are totally okay on this board
>Autistically focuses on some user's image, which was more or less irrelevant

Please jump off of the nearest 4-story building

I don't want the technical stuff, I want the practical stuff
What is a problem with heavy scaling?
I don't see any with the OS GUI, if I continue I not see problems I'll assume there isn't one

512GB
>

It's an upgradable Samsung SM951 NVME drive

What gpu? What's the point if no high end gaymur gpu?

Kys

I think he's pointing out that the HP uses generic USB ports with giant shielding and there's such a gap between the shielding and the aluminum that you can tell they aren't truly integrated... But also who cares

Most of HP laptops aren't even aluminum, but plastic textured and painted to look metal. Garbage.

Luckily these ones are
Luckily were not talking about most HP laptops

tfw you can easily get a egpu box (razer core, akitio atom,etc.)