MATX and ATX users: you have 30 seconds to explain why you're not using a mITX pc

mATX and ATX users: you have 30 seconds to explain why you're not using a mITX pc

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-Z270I-Gaming/
pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#J=10,20&X=0,32349
youtube.com/watch?v=y-bYSC6OT6s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im straight

I run SLI

Because matx is objectively the best you stupid faggot.

I need a case relative to my dick size.

So what's wrong with ?

So you're using a raspberry pi?

I can't fit my mATX board into a mITX case.

water cooling and expandability

meme

It's not

It is tho

Why is expandability a meme?

SLI and sound cards and wifi are memes, so you're left with tv tuners.

i like having the option to add things that i didnt know i needed when I purchased it.

mini ITX only has one PCIe slot.

I was referencing water cooling
also see

Water cooling is a possibility in many mITX cases.
You don't have to buy the absolute smallest one. Unless you are this guy

Where's the RAM? CPU and the fucking heatsink?

Also, I don't live in arctic region so I need spaces.

>Where's the RAM? CPU and the fucking heatsink?
Obviously all behind the GPU

This right here.
The SG13, Core 500, Define Nano S, Obsidian 250D and Node 202 all can support an AIO.

For custom loops, go with the Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX.

There's nowhere to buy these

How much are they anyway?

SLI + a Capture Card.

>paying $280 for a case with no expansion options

My desktop is also my home server.
As such I need room for a lot of hard drives.
Right now I have a full tower with room for 10 drives (6x 3.5", 4x 2.5"), and am looking into bigger cases such as the Thermaltake W100.
Not specifically for watercooling or SLI or what have you, but because it has 10 (ten) 3.5" trays.

Does anyone know of a case around the same price point that natively has room for more than 10 3.5" HDDs ?
I'm sure I could put more in a W100, but it seems like Thermaltake doesn't sell the HDD trays separately so I'd have to make my own.

>fucking cumbersome to build in
>you don't save money
>the parts need to be cherrypicked exclusively to work with your specific build
>heat dissipation hits you harder than you think

Because I don't feel like giving up everything to adhere to Sup Forums's form factor fad of the year, now entering its 3rd unwarranted one.

no am3+ mitx boards in australia

Why would I spend more money to get less case? Do you live in a faggy little studio apartment?

These same people will chastise those for buying riced out gear, yet mITX is just the same, without bringing PSUs into it.

I have enough place.

because i already struggle to fit in all the cables I run in an ATX case

I really don't want to deal with cramming them all in a shoebox.

Phew, good thing I'm an Ultra ATX user.

I'm still using my case and motherboard from when I got my first computer. It has an i5 3500k so there's been no reason to upgrade. I should have gotten a mATX case that has sound dampening, instead I fell for the "muh expandability" meme and got an NZXT switch 810 with an 850 watt psu.
At least I can overclock easily and have 4 HDDs.

mITX isn't great if you are into gaymen, because you can't overclock and get better performance from your parts. mATX is the sweet spot in my opinion because
>it isn't xbawx hueg
>cases can still have sound dampening and decent thermals
>you can overclock for better performance
>you have more drive space

>mITX isn't great if you are into gaymen, because you can't overclock and get better performance from your parts.

Because they weren't really a thing back in 2006

Because I have six hard drives.

nas

Because many of the boards don't have 4 DIMMs, and I don't think any of them have 2 m.2 slots.

Micro-ATX is a good size. I'm done with full towers, but I like that slim small tower sort of size.

Me too. Not an excuse.

I built one in 2009.

GPU was unbearably loud and hot all the time because lolnoairflow, could only fit one hard drive in the case, offered me absolutely 0 advantages over an mATX or even full ATX build.
Wasnt even that much easier to bring to LAN parties.

>implying you can overclock for shit with an mITX mobo with shit power delivery, a shit low profile cooler, or a shit blower GPU cooler all crammed into a showbox with 1 120mm fan for airflow.

there are no ITX cases which are appreciably smaller than the uATX counterparts which can hold the same or better components generally at a lower cost

they're all fugly cubes that are basically just as big in terms of volume as a small uATX case
>m-muh small black cube
>look it's so much better than your ATX shit LOL
>yeah so what if I paid 40% more for the same performance and it's basically the same size
>UGH u just don't understand poorfag
kek

the case in the OP looks nice though

Yeah, see, case in point, just googled OP's ultra tiny case:
>Overall Dimensions
>205 (H) x 112 (W) x 327 mm(D) / including feet and rear protrusions
total waste / not worth looking into

I'm hopeful for AMD's upcoming Raven Ridge APUs, but until then these systems are just pointless, just build a micro ATX system

>It wont work
>Spend even more money on something that does the job mITX can't.

Can't afford it right now, aren't MITX cases that actually function properly just a little under the mATX size? I see no gains and only losses, I don't need a smaller footprint but this would be great for a mini-parent computer

>first computer
>switch 810
My nigga

Same here, until it started breaking down on me.
I went into the Mini-ITX route after that, I am now obsessed with going smaller.
I'm planning on making an all AMD build with the NFC S4 Mini. Once I build that, I believe that I will not need anything smaller.

There are ITX boards with m.2 slots

That case is shit.

Aside from random design choices like all the ports on the right sides of the case and the sloppy build quality...

They give you two sets of black thumb screws that look almost identical. One set has metric threads the other imperial. I think the metric is for the drive brackets and the imperial are for the 3-sided top cover. It's pure lunacy.

2 of them? I said 2. I've seen them with 1.

Switching to mini ITX changed my life desu.

Every mITX case has something that bothers me. The one that I like the most is the Nano S but pic related is basically preventing me from going ITX. Manta and Enthoo have the same thing. Just bugs the fuck outta me for some reason.

The direction of those fans triggers me.

Yes
asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-Z270I-Gaming/

HDD bays.

pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#J=10,20&X=0,32349

choose your own case

a nas can be made for $30...

I prefer to try and fit a HTPC into a single U blade silently.

>not wanting a kawaii pc

slightly more expensive solution is to buy an sfx psu and an sfx to atx psu adapter bracket. then there will be more than enough fan clearance.

Took me a while to see it. Holy shit that is cool. But only 2 DIMMs.
I worry about audio quality, too. :(

They can be expensive, too. Micro-ATX is just so much easier to get something decent for.

Explain yourself.

NCase? so sexy

what case?

Disgusting, mATX all the way.

Yes indeed. Have another.

Comfy desk and room user :)

on the other side of the case u tard

flexible pcie extender

Silverstone SG13. It didn't really change my life, but I like it a lot because it fits everything I use while being compact enough to sit on top of my relatively small desk next to a 27" monitor.

case so nice but so expensive though
might go for the cougar qbx aka budget ncase m1

Not mine, sadly. I have a bunch saved. Here's another one.

that's the case i've chosen for my upcoming first build! any tips/issues? what was the order you installed cables and parts and shit?

what are your specs?

And another.

I like the fact that my PC is cooled down

$$$$$

Define Nano S can support custom loops too.

In fact, it is more made for that, coming with mounting plates for pumps and reservoirs.

quad channel RAM

I use a PCI-E HD capture card

Ew, crammed.

How is expanding on Video card power and WIFI a meme?

What does that cute lil amp do? Why not just plug your headphones right into your computer?

mITX is literally a meme pushed by tech vendors and faggy tech youtubers pushing product to an enthusiast market that has:

1) most likely no functional reason to upgrade their current hardware but

2) is stupid enough to re-buy basically the same shit in a different configuration for esthetic reasons, despite any variants of said product having zero esthetic value in the first place.

Mini ITX is a 16 year old format. It's only become popular in the past 3-4 years because they are running out of shit to sell you.

because I like my big heatsinks, low noise and even a little bit of expansion. if I do go sff, I'll probably go all the way and get a fd node 202.

I just don't like those cube-ish looking ones.

A little taller, and slimmer, and it could fit Micro-ATX and a vertical GPU instead of being so wide to fit the horizontal GPU.

This

$30 I don't need to spend since I've bought a case that satisfies my needs, passively.

I'll eat my hat when an mITX can run passively.

>passively
>multiple case fans
lmao

Wouldn't mind a small one for a web browser.
Seen some I'd like, but it's just as easy to get a laptop half for that.
What was that one smaller than a wallet?
youtube.com/watch?v=y-bYSC6OT6s

Because I don't live in a 150sq ft chinese apartment with 3 other roommates.

Also
1. Watercooling support and surperior cooling in general. Important when running decently overvolted high end graphics and 2011-3 cpus
2. Dual socket CPU support - ATX is the minimum for LGA2011 and 2011-3 in this regard
3.Add-on cards beyond just a single graphics card including:
- NVMe ssds
- M.2 adapters
- wireless
- raid controllers
- sound cards (because I'd rather have a single larger tower than multiple external DACs and shit strewn across my desk)

4. Far superior variety of choices in chassis
5. Ability of many of those said chassis to showcase components and turn the build into art
6. Ability to use far higher quality power supplies, delivering super clean power for overclocking on the limits and general piece of mind with quality.

Also the desk foot print of many seriously tiny cases is not that much smaller. On the other hand vertical space is criminally underutilized in most living arrangements.

So that took way longer than 30s since there were so many reasons. Still small pcs are cool if they work for you. Pain in the ass to build though, I find some ATX builds hard enough already (my s340 and Core3000 being among those experiences) with cable routing.

>Passive
>Two noctua fans right on top of the heatsink
ur dum

I built it a few months ago, so my memory of the exact order I did things in is a bit hard to recall. I remember I put the m.2 drive in the motherboard, and I seriously recommend an m.2 drive even if you just get a SATA one for cable management reasons. Then I installed the processor (i5 6500) and installed the motherboard into the case. Then I installed the CPU cooler (a silvestone water cooler, I forget the model name) and the RAM (I waited to install the ram because it was hard to install the water cooler because the RAM got in the way of the screw driver). Then I installed the GPU (gtx 1070) and the PSU. I think I just wired everything as I went. I recommend you get an SFX PSU with an SFX to ATX adapter just because it makes room for the CPU cooler and enables more air flow. My PSU came with one.

"Literally RDDT": The Battlestation: Faggot Edition

Anybody into watercooling?