>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/Tastatur-Cherry-G80-18xx-USB-Qualitativ-hochwertige-Deutsche-Tastatur-Grau-/122358109921?hash=item1c7d1c96e1:g:CzsAAOSwRgJXgd0G
geekhack
aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt/32694867686.html
world.taobao.com/item/541252261166.htm#detail
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1800 is a fun layout.

>arrow keys 0.25u out of vertical alignment with all other keys
This triggers me.

anyone else join the YAS68 GB? I seriously think this might be my ideal layout

What's a good price for an AEKII?

What's a good price for a Cherry G80-1800?

looks nice. are those caps just a mockup or are they also for sale somewher

>>What's a good price for a Cherry G80-1800?
not much
ebay.de/itm/Tastatur-Cherry-G80-18xx-USB-Qualitativ-hochwertige-Deutsche-Tastatur-Grau-/122358109921?hash=item1c7d1c96e1:g:CzsAAOSwRgJXgd0G

It's funny you mention that, because I came to ask about this layout.
A friend of mine needs 10key, but would like to save space, and wants to upgrade from his super cheapo mech keyboard. I showed him this board and he absolutely loved the layout, but it appears that the compact SQ is one of those stupid boards that someone commissions 10 of and then you don't see for another 10 months until there's another interest check. I'm also wary of group buys from what I've seen...

What other options do I have for this layout? Preferably in kit form so I can put the switches he wants in it without a bunch of desoldering.

Anybody here who knows where to get a pok3r in germany? Amazon is sold out and candykeys.com is under maintenance for god knows how long

ZZ96 or Red Scarf 96
You can find the Red Scarf on taobao. I think there's a geekhack thread that has links, but I'm too lazy to find it.

If he wants the exact 1800 layout there aren't any regularly available kit options.

Leopold has the FC980M prebuilt board

Or you can get an RS96 kit from taobao as the other user said if the gap between the parts isn't important

Or there's the winkeyless b.mini ex kit which is a 75% + numpad board

mykeyboard.eu has some if you're fine with blues

The spacing isn't important, but a compact fullsize is what we're looking for.
The RS96 may work, I'll have to make sure he's fine with the short R shift

The 1800 and 96-key both have those 1.75u right shifts, so if he likes the 1800 it should be fine.

I'm not since I want to use it at work, but thanks anyway

Fug, I waited too long for the originative co modern beige weeb keycap set and it's sold out.

Do they ever get keycap sets back in stock?

They're planning a round 2.
geekhack
.org/index.php?topic=86078.0

Alternatively, you can get these if you're into the colorway.
aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt/32694867686.html

Is anyone getting plum? looks p-good but I'd want to get it for my pok3r and I'm not sure it'd look good with the white plate it's got

I am getting plum. Somebody on geekwack described abs keycaps as being like raw denim and I fell for the meme. Is the plate really that visible? I am getting them for an all black board but I think they would look fine on white.

>Somebody on geekwack described abs keycaps as being like raw denim and I fell for the meme
l m a o

just lol

anyone in the UK in the market for a model M?

Don't listen to geekwhack, they advocate putting stickers in between the halves of mx switches despite no evidence it does a single thing

You can look up videos of switch wobble with/without the silly stickers. Most people even on geekhack will say it's not worth the effort for such a trivial amount of change.

Liking my MOD-H switches so far. They've got a nice, business-like thock to them. Feels vintage in a way.

so what is the actual difference between abs vs pbt, quality wise and feel wise.

Is there an objectively superior choice or does it come down to user preference?

PBT never yellows, it also almost never develops shine, and is also a softer plastic which feels nice to the touch.

PBT doesn't shine up anywhere near as fast as ABS. Usually PBT caps have a finer texture to them (think very smooth sandpaper or something). That does depend on the mold though. I'm sure you can find macro shots comparing texture between caps.

How's an AULA F2012 for my first mechanical keyboard? It's the cheapest one I can find on eBay that actually has reviews.

There's other unbranded stuff for 15-25€ but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get chinked if I order those and I won't get an actually mechanical keyboard.

So PBT is the way to go. Got it.

Don't get cheap PBT tho. It feels like shit

No, polycarbonate is.

no no no. Polyvinyl is a better solution as it was implemented by IBM and it provides stunning results

Which are mechanical keyboards are also quiet, atleast as quiet as scissor keys?

ones with matias quiet click switches

how about a scissor mechanical keyboard, with gateron clones of Cherry ML switches. Kailh also makes clones of those, but I haven't found them in any readily available keyboard

Using an HHKB but because I'm a gaymer I would prefer one of these.
It's hard to hit some keys that require 2 fingers and the 1800 layout seems like the smallest acceptable without losing any functionality.

A good mechanical keyboard is simple:

MX Brown switches
PBT keycaps
TKL unless you absolutely need ten key
Heavy
No frills (and absolutely no always-on LEDs)

I have a KUL ES87 at home and Leopold FC900R at work

>MX Brown
not even going to bother reading the rest
leave that bait until the end

>MX Brown switches
too complicated buckling spring is a much simpler design

On my ducky shine, my right shift key frequently sticks when I press it on the right side of the key, in that it doesn't completely return to its normal unpressed state until I nudge it. I've only had it for a few weeks, so its well under warranty and I think ill just rma it. But are there any quick fixes I can try to repair it before I send it out?

Sorry, I'm an adult, not a gaymer.

OFFICIAL CHERRY MX SWITCH POWER RANKINGS

Black>Blue>>>>>Clear>>>Red>Green>White>>>>>>Crap>>>>Brown

and is that fact supposed to magically make MX browns good?

What switch? Is it blues? That sounds more like an issue with the cherry switch rather then the keyboard

If you weren't so mentally weak and influenced by Sup Forums group think, you'd realize that they're very good.

And that's suposed to mean what exactly? If you really were an adult you'd be using a rubber dome keyboard

I own them and they're trash
gateron is better
now stop trying to justify your bad decisions and shit taste

maybe if its your first mechanical switch, but once you try others you'd quickly realize how underwhelming they are.

>geteron

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh god, you're done here. Sorry you can't afford the real thing.

I have no interest in typing on a sponge or ensuring that people a half-mile away can hear me typing,

as I said, I own MX browns as well as gateron ones
also have MX blues and gateron reds
can you even read? I thought you were an adult

Then you really haven't tried other switches, but now that I know your baiting I'll just filter you

Yeah its blues, i removed to keycap and tested the switch by pressing it, it seemed fine even when I tried pressing it from different angles. I was thinking it might be a stabilizer problem so I lubed it up a little. All it did was instead of getting stuck and needing a nudge, sometimes it would pop up on its own after a few seconds. But it was still getting stuck.

You convinced yourself they're trash because you couldn't afford them on your newest board.

Do your mental gymnastics make you sweat?

>n-n-uh uh
>Blues user

Don't let go of that MLG dream, bruh. You'll make it.

I had that same exact problem on my keyboard with blues too. It turns out that its actually a common issue with cherry MX blues. I just hammered the switch down and it went away after a week.

I don't think I'm the one making mental gymnastic when you're the retard triggered about your shit switch and assuming I'm poor. As I said, I own keyboards with Cherry browns, blues, Gateron red and browns, and Cherry ones are trash. I guess you're the poor one who can't afford to buy other keyboards and try new switches, because you spent your entire monthly allowance on a mistake.

>making mental gymnastic

Sorry, I didn't realize you were ESL. No wonder you're so confused and Sinophilic.

Out of arguments so you decided to complain about a typo? That says a lot about how triggered you are right now.

Humor me: what do you think the typo was? "Making mental gymnastics" is no better. Work on your verbs, Chang.

glad to see someone finally posted an accurate guide

WUT ABOUYT GAMMA ZULU RGB GAYMER SWITHCES?

and invyr pandas too i guess

zealios and mods are the only switches worth using, and topres if you enjoy wearing chastity cages

if you're talking about 'gaming' switches like razer's, those should be the chink shit ones

nah, these gamma zulu shits are basically rebranded romer-g switches made for das' new gimmick board

>miss royal navy DSA GB
>miss once in a lifetime chance to get a signature plastics azerty keyset

You can use literally any DSA keyset as long as you have non-dished F and J keys.

He's right DSA sets are uniform meaning that you can rearrange them however you want

I'm hesitant on buying an expensive laptop and i dont see the point of buying keyboard more than $50. so can anyone recommend me one under $50?

Tomoko can be hand for under 30 bucks. There are also others like Magicforce for 40 bucks

How about you justify your point?

Why are MX Browns inferior? Inferior to what?

Learn how to construct and argument please.

What do you guys think of a b.mini? I was considering building this:
B.mini
67g zealios
Plum GMK caps

Probably doing the acrylic underglow case, and south switch LEDs

Thoughts?

I'm aware of that, it's just that there are no keys with é,è etc on them
I could get DSA granite with mono legends, but it's all out of stock

Got Mod-L in my Minivan und am a fan so far. Could be a little heavier but they do have a nice feel. The tactility is subtle, but they feel slick and responsive.

I might use H's in my next 40% build, or custom switches (MX Clear stem, clear Gat housing, 80g springs)

then get the international kit that come with many of these sets

So for my first board I was thinking of either browns or reds (blues are too loud for my taste). Which of the two does /mkg/ recommend?

>green and blue not tactile
>not liking buckling springs

your opinion and image are shit and you should feel bad. you're probably a manlet, woman, or asian.

well too bad because that's what /mkg/ agrees on.

I guess you've never typed on Alps / Matias

depends. if you get a floating design then browns would be louder then a standard keyboard with blues

Not the right keys, international kits generally only fit nordic and german keyboards

Just for reference, was probably going to get the CM Quickfire with reds. I have heard they are a little light to type on and don't know how true that is and if I should just get a keyboard with browns instead.

what sets are you looking at. All the newer ones have those keys

HC granite, ice cap, eve etc
Quartz is the only one I've seen with french keys, and it's out of stock

Guess I'll wait til they release a new one

nah, its a 60% plate and PCB that support an arrow cluster and can fit in any standard 60% case

I got an SA set coming -eventually-, but all of the 60/65% keyboards that I've been looking at have at least one cap that is the wrong size.

How hard is it to snag SA singles? Or, is there a smaller-than-80% keyboard that only uses pieces from a standard 108 set?

well if the set was a one off then its pretty hard. If its a common set that restocks a couple times a year then they usually have a bunch of unsold keys lying around. They charge 10 bucks per individual key tho

WASD V2 104 keys Black Keycaps + White Text with Cherry MX Blue for 150$ is this a good deal.

what chink sites sell the anne pro besides banggood?

SA isn't a cheap game man.. I want to go SA on a 40% I'm building but there's just no way to the caps I need without buying a bunch of individual keys at 10 dollars a pop. Even going uniform R3 across the board is working out like double the price of DSA..

bangood is a legitimate site, but if you fell like its too sketchy then check out taobao
world.taobao.com/item/541252261166.htm#detail

why are varmilo's stock keycaps are so good

What's that ESC? Looks pretty neat.

takk takk.

considering doing a GH60 but im having a hard time finding out how much it would cost

r8 and h8. Not sure if I should go full green or leave it as is...

can someone list the parts needed for the gh60 build from chinese websites, so far I can only find the pcb board

leave it.

falbatech.pl should be a good place to.start.