I want to learn C# to use it in Unity, and make my own games. Advices? Does it worth it? What should I expect?

I want to learn C# to use it in Unity, and make my own games. Advices? Does it worth it? What should I expect?

I'm starting from zero, btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

austincode.com/itse1330/
youtube.com/watch?v=OJGYMrQq53M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there are people who psychologically NEED to code. you can't complete

>get a c# book
>read it
>do the lessons

>get visual studio
>use youtube, pluralsight or microsoft academy to learn

i would've also listed books, but your attention span seems too low for that.

>fyi if you type 'prop + tab + tab' you can make a property! and in C# 6 you can do this:

int Something { get; set; } = 6

Also cw tab tab turns into Console.WriteLine()

And ctor tab tab makes a default constructor

linq is also worth learning early on. for example

List blah = new List{ 1,2,3,4};

// 3, 4
var blah2 = blah.Select(b => b > 2).ToList();

try and learn clean code though, like using polymorphic classes over a million else if statements. It amazes me how many people don't do this.

>find college "textbook" online
>read it
>try it
because your grades and money arent on the line, you'll need a lot of self motivation.

austincode.com/itse1330/

what a horseshit

>quill18 creates
Have some step by step tutorials,and c# tutorial for unity, realy like the way he explains stuff.
>derek banas
Doing c# tutorial right now, if you want he have an older video that he summs up.most of the importent thing in about 1 h
>Brakeys
Have some step by step tutorials, and c# tutorial ofc.

Start with basic fucking aroung in visual studio(make a tic tac toe or battleships in console)

Avoid winforms and wpf, compitly usless for unity.

OP here. Believe me or not, I honestly appreciate your comments, guys. I'm saving all your suggestions.

Nice satanic quads.

May be worth it, even more so when considering that some more and potentially better engines start supporting C# as "scripting" as well.
Take for example Godot, it's basically the same shit, except that it has a proper 2D part and is free. If it keeps developing at this rate, it might obliterate Unity in a couple of years.

kek

Just plow right into msdn (or docs.microsoft.com) and you're good to go.

I don't understand this picture

It almost requires watching this shonen animuh episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJGYMrQq53M

>those who hunt elves

stop user, I didn't ask for feels today.

Forget it then.

topkek

Depends how dedicated you are OP.

Kek. Unity is gay. You're better off using Roblox.

> not using var

>learning programming to make games

You won't last a week.

>Advices?
Learn English or kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

>What should I expect?
Expect you game to be a complete piece of shit like all the other unity garbage.

Do I really need to download Visual Studio to learn?

i means nothing if you don't know what happens behind of this auto-implemented property

to learn you can download Visual Studio Code which is a Text Editor with c# intellisense, not as good as the Visual Studio one which is a full IDE but it does the job. also i recommend Rider from Jetbrains which is another C# IDE

I did a year of Java at uni. Went straight into C# / Unity. Only tricky thing is all the design patterns really.

Expect to not be able to make games and fail.

I don't think I have ever met a "I wanna make gaymez" guy who ever actually succeeded in learning to program.