youtu.be/uN0iGAgAG2k
youtube.com/watch?v=k-AnvqiKzjY
youtube.com/watch?v=qa2tJQTJkCw
youtube.com/watch?v=4_YPytMWKWc
youtube.com/watch?v=e_BsVfrKWiE
youtube.com/watch?v=NPWi5yJK3zo
youtube.com/watch?v=WY7olqQF8iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How what? It's pretty much standard to find a way to run DOOM on any device.

C Code is quite portable

How the fuck do you hack a shitty old digital camera to play doom?

Where do you even begin?

I don't understand. Did this person quote himself?

It's probably just a picture, but the same place you begin when you do it for a calculator

youtube.com/watch?v=GD0L46y3IqI

>bisexualscotty

tumblr is retarded.

thats fucking COOL!

The strangest ways I played Doom were on my Clip Zip(every device with rockbox can run Doom) and on my old Sony Ericsson via natvie applications(.elfs). There's also this
youtube.com/watch?v=3v7cFGneuaw

>-------------------------------------------------------------
>SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
>-------------------------------------------------------------
>DOOM(TM) requires an IBM compatible 386 or better with 4 megs of
>RAM, a VGA graphics card, and a hard disk drive. A 486 or
>better, a Sound Blaster Pro(TM) or 100% compatible sound card
>is recommended. A network that uses the IPX protocol is
>required for network gameplay.

That mac is probably relatively cheaper than what Doom recommended system specs would cost in 1993.

bomp

since the game has software rendering, you can port most of the code directly

Pleb

youtu.be/aMli33ornEU

NO FUCKING WAYYYYYYY

kys
youtube.com/watch?v=nduMTX86Zl0

this oscilloscope doesn't actually run Quake, it just is used as primitive vertex display.

This one actually runs Doom
youtube.com/watch?v=xZaKlLyikKg

I'd pee my pants if he got the thing programmed to use the knobs as keys for the game like this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=vI7tWd7B3iI

This looks like something /x/ would play.

> wanna play retro games?
> I got over 1000 retro games on my raspberry I got in my backpack!
That guy.

>doom on a tv
>doom on a lcd display
>doom on oled
>doom on fucking graphics displaying device

1. Get Doom running on PC.
2. Aim camera at PC screen.
3. Take pic of viewfinder (framing is important).
QED

i used to run doom on a 1st gen ipod nano with ipod linux.

Dumb.
>take screenshot of game on computer
>place on memory card
>view on camera
Although it's entirely likely that it actually was ported to the camera.

youtu.be/k-AnvqiKzjY

You don't really see him play though.

Digital cameras are basically computers with a lnnens attached.

This isnt the same, its just being used as a display.

fucking kek

youtube.com/watch?v=NRMpNA86e8Q

Why bother playing on a camera when a car?

A lot of devices have CPUs way more powerful than they need. This is one of my city's RFID transit pass checkers. It could be done with some 8-bit 1MHZ microcontroller, but instead they've got a Cortex-A9 running Windows CE. You could play half-life 2 on this thing.

With embedded computers doubling the processing power is only a few dollars more and every company has some incompetent programmers who blames the cpu speed for their code running like shit.

The more you learn about technology the more you realize it boils down to the same fundamental logistics

The camera has a computer chip in it and a pixelated display. The code on it happens to render the camera lenses input and maybe a menu for selecting some things, but if you remove that and superimpose the code for Doom you're golden. Given some weird caveats that will probably turn up.

The people that are REALLY good with technology basically just turn this into a game of what they can't do. Here's Doom running on an oscilloscope: youtube.com/watch?v=aMli33ornEU

Who remembers playing doom on the old i-pods?
youtu.be/uN0iGAgAG2k

I did on my mini, was the nano version in color?

>With embedded computers doubling the processing power is only a few dollars more
Depending on distributors and the like, the overpowered CPUs might very well be the cheapest option.

As already stated earlier (because it was posted earlier), the oscilloscope itself isn't actually running it, it's just displaying converted render output from a laptop.

A9 Ti-83+ when?

nice facebook tier thread faggots

Why is technology magic for retards?

Nice reddit tier shitpost, retard.

I spent an entire 3 hour car ride playing Doom on a 4th generation iPod once.

The Melbourne Museum uses hundreds of Mac Minis for viewing interactive slideshows. Talk about excellent use of contributors and taxpayers money, fucking cunts.
This particular one crashed so I got it to show what Mac it is, took forever to get because the touch digitizer is absolute garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-AnvqiKzjY

Is the digitizer good enough for the exhibit? Then I don't see the problem with that component. If they need to work on the machine, they're going to plug in a mouse and keyboard, not poke at the screen and whine like a faggot.

The minis are stable in terms of hardware and dimensions. If one goes down they can just swap in another. If they need to buy new units, they'll most likely fit into the same mounting bracket. They don't need to spend time decrapifying it from adware.

Sorry if you prefer they go scouring the net for old Thinkpads and looking for some exhibit software that runs under Gentoo. They decided the time saved and warranty coverage is worth any extra expense of getting minis.

>t. mactoddler

>Then I don't see the problem with that component
>let's just buy a 500+ usd computer to view slides
>there's absolutely nothing else we could spend that money on

>museum
>taxpayer money
huh?

I used to work on software for interactive displays in Aus. I have worked with some bizarre requirements that nobody could explain to me.

What was the Doom in Wolfenstein in Doom?

Mac minis don't come with screen digitizers ... or screens.

The digitizer is ok obviously, the other guy was complaining on spending unnecessary money where they could have spent way less using something else

>hurr i got i for $5 at goodwill

why do youtube fucks always feel the need to lie about how much they paid for shit?

that fucking this brand new out of the box, he didn't get it at a god damn goodwill

>"Rem-" "ap".
Kek

cameras are computers, they have a cpu, ram, storage, a screen, buttons... everything you need to play DOOM with
and if they're fast enough to quickly process image and video data from a sensor (that is, be a camera), then they're probably also fast enough to run doom

all you need to do is;
- figure out how to get your own code to run on the device
- port/write your software for the particular hardware in question
the doom source has been open for some time, and ported to all manner of devices

youtube.com/watch?v=qa2tJQTJkCw

>Doom
I'ts quake.

Pfft, my sansa clip can run doom.
youtube.com/watch?v=4_YPytMWKWc
youtube.com/watch?v=e_BsVfrKWiE

Yes, but can that camera run Crysis?

>checkmate athiests

Neat

Well to be fair, I have an old NES system at my house, but buying the individual games for it is fairly expensive, Plus searching down for any real good ones is time consuming and tedious. So I have a RetroPi as well

Well to be fair, I have an old NES system at my house, but buying the individual games for it is fairly expensive, Plus searching down for any real good ones is time consuming and tedious. So I have a RetroPi as well

These are the people I wish would post on Sup Forums, hell I'd even settle for the Sup Forums from 10 years ago where people at least knew something. Not today's linux babbies

>actually admits to having autism in the comments.

Mfw I fucking KNEW he had to be a typical goymen

I have no experience with this, but AFAIK it goes something like this:
1. You take apart the camera, find the main uC and with luck you find documentation for its instructions set, even more luck you find that there are already open toolchains for it.
2. Get a firmware upgrade for the camera, paste it into some decompiler tool and figure out how it works.
3. Write an alternate firmware.
4. Port Doom for the target architecture, which basically boils down porting only the IO stuff as doom is pretty portable by now.

Not any of these steps are simple though.

LOL

>how?
Carmack

Yes.

how about a printer?

tumblr but you will love this trust me:

itrunsdoom.tumblr.com/

I love this.

Sure I guess. Here YT
youtube.com/watch?v=NPWi5yJK3zo

Anything else you'd like to know?

Taking a tumblr post seriously

How we have fallen Sup Forums

Fucking hell
There's nothing wrong with the site, Just the community, Like Reddit, or here.

the number of brand new things I've gotten for 5 dollars at a good will would upset you.

Okay no one can top that

/thread

screen shot the game
load it into camer amemory
view the screenshot
internet points

Or you know. Install custom software onto camera, Then install Doom. It's not that fucking complicated. Doom does not require high specs to run. I literally use it as a basic fucking program for most computers to test whether it will launch something so simple. Seeing as how doom is not actually 3D rendered.

>1993
Maybe I just had a good machine but in 93 your cheap $700 beige box should have been able to run Doom just fine.

I got that exact calculator at a yard sale for 25¢.
Some people just don't know how much things are worth.

>he doesn't play doom on his Pocketstation
lol look at this toddler

>You never be able to run DOOM on anime

>not running DOOM in your school

lost

GO BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEE

It doesn't work that way.

>C-- is a "portable assembly language",
- Wikipedia

kek

>"aahhnnn ur cock is so big user-kun",
-Ur Mom

I like to see Doom ported to new platforms. Device containing PC hardware no. 51813 running Doom is not so impressive though unless you just don't know anything about tech.

Buy a flashcart, that way you can run NES roms on its original hardware with one cart and an SD card.

Anybody know a version of DOOM that can be played in the terminal (à la ttyquake)?

Post yfw some TI calculators have doom

the only one I've seen is the TI83 "Doom" which is really its own thing

technically runs DOOM

I dunno, but here's rocket league on a 1/2 Inch CRT
youtube.com/watch?v=WY7olqQF8iM