He doesn't know about the discord exploit

>He doesn't know about the discord exploit

Tell me

>he DOESN'T know
so new

correct

Nobody knows about it because it doesn't exist. By all means, describe what the exploit does to us, and then I might take you more seriously. I also advise you to send it to the bug bounty team so that you can get some money instead of shitposting.
Is that you, Goon Netherlands?

No one cares, shit for brains.

If nobody cared then why are replying to my thread?

>discord
it's for video gamers

I only care about exploits that allow me to view women's private photos

>discord
>gaymerware

/**
* Some simple XSS security. Won't prevent access to tokens entirely,
* but at least it makes it a lot harder.
*/
const localStorage = window.localStorage;
if (process.env.NODE_ENV === 'production') {
// old Safari versions don't like this
try {
delete window.localStorage;
}
catch (e) {}
}

Their defences aren't perfect, but as long as you can get that token, gg

>catch (e) {}
why bother catching the exception and then doing nothing with it?

ask discord developers

Remember, if someone gets your token, you cannot do anything about it yet
Tokens are your auth. They will bypass passwords and 2FA, and cannot be changed/reset

flawed software

It's literally stated in the comment. Old safari versions throw an error. You catch the error because there is nothing to do with the error and old safari versions stay more vulnerable

You need to find an XSS exploit before you can even take advantage of this, retard.

>old safari versions
I'm sure those two people that use the discord web app on old safari are very concerned.

Why the FUCK would I care about discord in the first place?
I give it 4 years max before it dies and some other site replaces it. Maybe in 30 years people will start to understand that that kind of service needs to be distributed to have a chance of being affordable.

I agree with your post.
But you just posted the worst fate girl in existence so fuck you.

Pic related is literally Discord in a nutshell.

I hate discord cause fucking people won't just use mumble or an instant messenger for chatting. They can clearly read discord's terrible privacy notice but no one gives a fuck when you have a good looking UI. I hate the open source community cause they can't do fucking shit to get normies to use their products. They want a free society but the society isn't gonna use their shit if it doesn't even look nice. I have less people to talk to now online cause of discord. I don't wanna use that shitty program at all.

i can completely relate, i don't use it either but it's unfortunately very common.

I assume there are better alternatives?

I rarely, if ever, game online anymore but I wanna do it right when I start up again.

What are the better programs to use according to you guys?

I'll check them out later today.

Nigger, I've wanted to ditch Skype for years cuz the linux support sucked ass.

Some shit looked hopeful. Like Tox. I thought, maybe it will get popular and a nice polished GUI. And I waited. and waited. and waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Discord is filling a niche that's just been BEGGING to be filled for fucking ages now, and all your shit talking doesn't change the fact that it's literally the best Skype killer in existence right now and is an answer to many peoples prayers.

I totally agree that their privacy policy is dog shit, but ease of use and features win out over libre philosophy every fucking time.

>not using martix.org

Appeal to normies only gives us shit like gtk3. If the normies want to be slaves, let them be slaves.

conference call with your teammates from a prepaid cellphone

matrix.org

you used to be able to just get window.localStorage.token whenever you wanted until recently, however it's still possible with a small workaround

const iframe = document.createElement('iframe');
iframe.style.display = 'none';
document.body.appendChild(iframe);
iframe.contentWindow.localStorage.token;

not really sure how anyone had any idea of it being secure in the first place, they never even mention it themselves.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note5. Is that fine?

I would like to keep my unlimited minutes from being used on gaming. I wanna save them for something important.

>ease of use and features win out over libre philosophy every fucking time
This.

Tbh discord is my favourite IM platform since windows killed windows live messenger & forced everyone onto skype. In fact probably the only one I've actually liked since then.

>windows killed
Kek, microsoft killed*

fucking THIS.

it was a joke, just use teamspeak

fucking WRONG

Actually, it's just a version of Skype + SLack with the same vulnerabilities of both.

Discord is not a "standard".
It's a filthy centralized, proprietary application.

When does discord's venture capitalist bux run out so they can sell it off to the highest bidder to be loaded with ads and microtransactions? I hope soon.