What's Sup Forums's opinion on ultrawide displays?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on ultrawide displays?

I was thinking about picking up this dell u3417w for my new build but I'm not sure if I should just go 4k or if there's a better option.

Also; ultrameme general

pretty good but what a waste to use it with a mac. use it with an os that has a half decent wm and you're golden

More pixels = Higher failure rate

Stick with many less pixeled monitors for best results.

I just used the pic for reference. I plan on running a 1080 with w10 on it.

I have one and quite like it. I'd like to have an easy way to 3-way tile apps (programmed one but it's a bit buggy :/ ) But for side by side stuff (paper writing+research, programming etc) it's great. And not to forget, gaming is a charm on it and surprisingly performant in most games

I thought they were dumb till I realized an ultrawide is pretty close to dual 5:4 monitors. Now my next monitor's going to be a curved 21:9 display.

my ceilings are not 5' so i don't need a shortscreen display

Did you really think that was funny?

i can't make jokes that could compare to that form factor

It's anything but a joke

This is the guy that uses TV's as monitors.

What display did you go with?

>no support in lots of games
>crappy centered UI in others
>looks awkward when put vertically
>can't rotate half the screen space vertically and leave the other half horizontal because you only have one monitor
>can't fullscreen on youtube and have something else open on the side
>vertical black bars are vomit-inducing
Literal meme tech

Ultrawide or 4k?

ultrawide

Just get a single rgb led and you have the perfect monitor yes?

lol thats not how this works
youd want seperate red green blues for repair and better costs

3 portrait 4k's.

Asus rog gsync IPS , don't know the name but it was pretty expensive

Been using a 27inch ultrawide monitor for about a year now, and i can say its the best decision i've ever made. Great for every day use and just browsing. Using it for gaming is a real bonus. But one thing you will notice is that there are many games that don't support it and it literally makes them unplayable.

>No support

This is proof you've never owned one. I used to have the Dell ultrasharp ultrawide. Only games out of like 200 that didn't support it were: Bethesda games, dark souls games