Buying an apple laptop

>buying an apple laptop
"I want a MacBook pro"

>buying a non apple laptop
"I want an Asus UX390UA"

Why can't other companies keep their names simple?

different target audiences. some ppl don't care what the brand name is they just want a good laptop.

I've always wondered this too. Clearly there is marketing power in simple names, and there is no patent on the concept, so why not take advantage of it?

"Thinkpad" is pretty good tho.

and apple makes good laptops

*used to make

>ppl

*never made

Sure make a good laptop. Now how hard is it to keep your name simple?

That's because the Chinese don't know how to market.

If you sell 5 different laptops, you can afford to name them.

If you sell 100 different laptops, numbering them is easier.

>macbook pro
You mean a MF839LL/A?

they were pretty good when the pros used to have built in Ethernet ports. except for that pesky bit about the discrete GPUs dying after 5 years or so and making osx unbootable. happened to me with two 2007 and a 2009 MacBook pro.

Okay, choose a base name and number from 1 to 100.

Wow that was hard.

Maybe they should focus on making a few really nice laptops as opposed to a giant mixed bag,

The difference is that apple will never use those codes when actually advertising.

Because you're a fucking retard. Kill yourself.

that's a comfy kato

different target audience. some ppl want more variety to better match their needs, rather than just the same as everyone else.

I don't recall seeing a commerical on the 9360 from Dell either.

>Wanting Apple
I want a macbook pro retina with intel blah blah chinese slave labor blah blah
>Wanting other laptop
I want a T410.

Except you just referred to it as a 9360 instead of a simple name. Clearly they didn't market it properly.

>4 numbers
>Not a simple name
Learn2math macfaggot

Thinkpad is pretty simple.

No, most people just want a good laptop.

This.
T series for all-rounders
X series for more portability at the cost of screen resolution, battery life etc
W series for the heaviest motherfucker that could be classified a laptop around, that kicks ass and competes with modern laptops

But names are even simpler and way easier to market. And it doesn't take much to come up with a good name.

Too bad only a few of us can afford the finest.

I have no idea what your reply is supposed to make me feel.

Okay, heres a few names.
>Lenovo
>IBM
>Dell
>Hewlett-Packard
>Faggot (AKA OP)

Did it come with a free buttplug?
If not, it's not the best.

>Lenovo chinkpads
no thanks

>If you sell 100 different laptops,

Retarded thing to do anyway. Apple seems to be the only company which makes things they themselves want to use. As in, just 1 ultimate thing which is viable for mass production at any given point. Meanwhile other companies are just making different things for the sake of making different things and trying to flood shops with any old shit. None of the people in the company probably even use the things they make.

Tell me your names so that I can call you by that instead of inhuman post numbers.

My name is Dr. Kikey McNiggerfaggot.

Why don't they make the keyboard bigger?

Remember that 90% of planet's population are not richfag hipsters from SF who can afford fancy aluminium slabs for $1500, this is why cheap laptops are made.

it's made for people with small hands

Depends on your definition of "afford"

Okay, then make a few decent cheap laptops.

I'm curious about this too. Why not make lines of products like:

"Glorious is our performance series, here glorious 1 it's the cheapest model"
"Furious is our casual series here furious 1 it's the cheapest model"

Lenovo is doing something similar but still with jumps in numbers and still with weirdness. It's not the branding, it's straight up confusing when you start searching for spare parts for Acer 2394PS9123-12 model. I think this comes from the outdated marketing model when people knew jack about computers and companies tried to sell them as complicated very personalized products.

Fuck drumpf and fuck Apple products

By not spending half year income on a computer.

Calm down Libby, maybe in 8 years you'll get your turn :)

GET OUT! OUT! BOTH OF YOU! GET OUT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

Do you mean half a month? Even then, if you make $3k/m you shouldn't be spending anywhere near $1500 on consumer electronics.

only if you post more kot

Drumpf and his nuthuggers are a lot further left than me, my man

>Apple branding:
Computer line, screen diagonal, year, processor type
>Lenovo branding:
Computer line. screen diagonal, body features
>Acer branding:
Computer line, screen diagonal, processor type, graphics card type, color of production line manager's underpants, jewish calendar year number, cd-rom options

I've been posting too much kot lately. I don't want to overload this meme.

I said not everyone lives is US and earns 3k USD/month.

kot will become a timeless meme, like pepe, or the pointy "S" that elementary schools kids everywhere draw.

I fear it will share the same fate as doge.

>Why can't other companies keep their names simple?
they do

only macfags call their laptops by their full name
>don't mind me, just plugging in my mid 2013 apple macbook pro with retina

> richfag hipsters from SF

So reality for you is Sup Forums jokes from 2008? Let me inform you of real life. In real life, most Mac users are ordinary people, the same as Windows users. Shocking isn't it.

sweets dreams, kitter

Maybe in US, Europe and big cities where salaries are high enough for this gentrification.

dont get this thread and I'm a MacBook user.

dell has XPS, inspirons, lattitudes
Lenovo has yoga books, thinkpads
HP has spectre, elite books
Asus has zenbooks
acer has idk
MS has surface books, surface pros

Nobody actually uses those names, they say "laptop".

Everyone believes that macbooks are different from other laptops due to marketing, and it's partially true.
They're not standards conforming and their bios resembles more a smartphone with a locked bootloader than a UEFI compliant device.

I use a MacBook Air I got a few months ago I really like it.

I wouldn't pay thousands of dollars for these meme machines they are pushing now but this one from mid 2015 is really nice.

well thats a whole different topic compared to the OP.

the concept of a Mac vs a PC (even though both are PCs) goes way back to the early days where Jobs started the think different campaign (possibly even earlier) emphasizing and distinguishing between the rest of the guys and them. quite possibly the most brilliant marketing in the tech world Imo, creating the idea that it isn't just a PC, its a Mac.