You're all on borrowed time

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cuban
nypost.com/2014/05/22/bigoted-cuban-thinks-hes-a-hypocrite-for-condemning-sterling/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

big if true

>Mark Cuban
AHAHAHAHAHA

Giving false hope to all the retards who wasted their monies at college doing fucking nothing.

What kinds of jobs does he have in mind?

Programming and engineering will be largely automated within the next decade or so.

That's what the left wants you to believe. Don't listen to the heretics.

>tell the chads to get worthless degrees
>less competition and higher wages for me
We need to encourage this.

>programming
Slightly, maybe. Not in 10 fucking years though.
>engneering
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone's gotta write your name on the side of your grande latte.

Which will mean that their jobs change focus but become more important.

>Programming and engineering will be largely automated within the next decade or so.
Okay, but how will that make liberal arts a better choice? There aren't many jobs for liberal arts majors as it is, how will less programming jobs lead to more jobs for liberal arts majors?

Yes but that also means that there will be fewer openings available and that they will probably pay less.

>major in STEM
>get your job "stolen" by Pajeet/Chang
>angrily shitpost about how non STEM majors are full of stupid leftists to justify your meme degree

>Desk area reeks of protein mix powder
>All they talk about is working out
>"Carbo-loading for my workout later"
Damn Chads ruin every thing

I agree. Hey guys in 5 years there's going to be double the jobs in English

This is assuming of course that in the next 10 years, AI will automatically become creative and develop their own goals an aspirations.

stop being an autistic nerd

Fuck off chad

This is exactly what I'm talking about you fag.

Mark Cuban is a fucking hack who wouldn't have any decent wealth if it weren't for that dumb ass show.

>read philosophy
>literal fasttrack course to starfucks barista

as a humanities graduate even i recognise cuban is full of shit

You realize he became a billionaire in the early 2000s, right?

Moron.

>humanities graduate
Why did you study this?

>Mark (((Chabinski)))

>You do not need to learn how to program machines in this increasingly automated world... no, we need to know more about interpretive dance in 17th century France! That is where all the $$$ is!

His family was worth several billion already. All he did was shuffle cash. Dude's a bigger sack of shit than Drumph.

>billionaire sometime in his 40s
nah he's a hack

truth, i dont even know

probably to read obscure essays on germans and drink beer

on the positive, conceptual thinking is easier as you've had to spend 20 hours a week pretending to be in the mind of whoever wrote what bullshit you're assigned that week and supporting it.

No, he grew up middle class.

Stop making up stories.

sind sie Deutsch? Wenn Ja, dann ist das ja noch schlimmer.

Dude, even his chauffeurs are millionaires because he pays them so well. Stop talking shit bro.

stop speaking polish you fucking pajeet

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cuban

Don't be such a fucking idiot.

Yeah ai will understand vague business requirements and be able to work though what is needed with the business side of the company. People who think this will happen are retarded, we arent even close to this happenening

Schnauze du sack

That has nothing to do with how he made his money, bud.

This doesn't deprecate programmers and/or engineers though.

The only people that fear this are the literal trash of IT, like low quality sys admins and Help desk support.

He's one of the few which made it using this one trick that governments hate.

Why are you on my autism site

>liberal arts
>demand

Poojets on suicide watch

The funny thing is all the successful asian STEM students, end up in finance anyways. Because it pays so much fucking better.

What the future needs is craftsman and engineers. That produce actual durable goods. Not mass produced junk.

It needs scientists and engineers to tackle social problems like food, and water and population management.

Another world war wouldn't hurt either.

>What the future needs is craftsman and engineers. That produce actual durable goods. Not mass produced junk.
Japan does that and while they are hardly struggling most people would rather just buy Chinese garbage.

yeah, this.

to protect and serve

By getting lucky in the dotcom bubble? I'm having trouble understanding how he's even slightly qualified to predict what the job market is going to look like in 10 years. That's like saying Trump can predict structural engineering breakthroughs 10 years off because he has his name on a building.

Jesus christ guys don't be retarded.

>Mark Cuban
>The same faggot who thought the stock market would crash after Trump being elected
>Right about anything

And their wood work and ceramics is some of the best in the world. Their architecture and design and infrastructure is worlds better then any other developed nation.

And then you have Germany where the engineers they do have tend to overengineer everything.

he's right. pajeets and changs will and already are outperforming us with comp sci the same way japs were outperforming americans in digital electronics since the 80's

>Giving this guy any attention whatsoever.

He's one of those idiots who thinks that because he's a billionaire, he must be an expert in everything from basket-weaving to rocket science.

Programming isn't going to "get automated". Someone saying that doesn't understand anything about software development. Sure, manual QA jobs will go away, and maybe network/sysadmins might decrease as everything moves to centralized cloud services, but software dev isn't going anywhere.

If demand for liberal arts doesn't exist today, it isn't going to magically appear tomorrow. Jobs are only going away, there are no "new jobs" emerging anymore.

Why they do that anyway? I was irritated the first time I went there and didn't know about that.

Doesn't everything fall under liberal arts?

Not anymore. Back in the day, mathematics and basically all of the social sciences and humanities did.

What kind of job? Professional protesters? No problem :^)

Well, hillary clinton and her pedophile ring elite were going to see to a third world war and cull a lot of the population.

Now we have to watch trump lead us into a new golden age of prosperity and scientific wonderment with all the damn africans and middle easterners tagging along.

Mark Cuban in a video interview: "When I see a black person on the sidewalk, I switch to the other sidewalk"

He is a Hillary Clinton supporter.

nypost.com/2014/05/22/bigoted-cuban-thinks-hes-a-hypocrite-for-condemning-sterling/

Lol...There is going to be a programmer shortage in about 10 years. This guy is a fucking dope.

Yes...Good goy...use your shekels on useless degrees. Buy these mandatory textbooks and stay in our residences!

Looking forward to Trump bending over for Russian dominance, rather than keep up the proxy wars in Syria between us.

dont worry i have a polsci minor ill just blog

>Programming and engineering will be largely automated within the next decade or so.
In a few big companies yes.
In over 90% of business however, which means medium and small businesses, no. Costs too much to implement and upkeep for automation is terrible.
Engineers will always have a place, especially in inventing shit,
while programmers can't be replaced since machines lack the capability of cognitive creativity. They can clean existing code and perfect it, but they can't make it, and you can't order them to create something without it fucking up due to the vagueness of the order unless you spend an equal time describing the required result to a computer as you would doing it yourself.

>engineering will be largely automated within the next decade or so.
I've been an Electronics Engineer for the last 15 years. This statement has become a sort of in joke with my company.

Idiots like this keep saying shit like this, and it never becomes true. They never produce any evidence, they just say stupid shit like this.

Why are people listening to him about this? Does he have any intimate knowledge about engineering? No he's some stupid fucking investor.

This is almost as comical as Stephen Hawking going on about how the AI is going to outsmart us and kill us in 15 days 20 hours 15 minutes and 3 seconds. He's a brilliant physicist, but knows fuck all about AI

I think the balance we have now with degrees in current year is pretty good. 10 years ago a bit too liberal artsy, I bet in 10 years the pendulum swings back too far the other way. Right now I think is the sweet spot.

Sales

Exactly. Not many people grasp what programming actually is. It's more social than anything. It's about figuring out what humans want and using computation to achieve it. Programming will be one of the last things that gets automated, because AI would have to understand what humans want better than humans to create anything useful.

Design tools whether it be CAD, PCB design, Finite Element Simulation, etc... can reduce the workload required to achieve similar results but will not replace the engineer anytime soon.

So, we're not going to die in a firey AI nuclear war?

Programming is about doing what your boss tells you to do. It is fairly easy to automate.

> Programming is about doing what your boss tells you to do.
So is being a prostitute. What does this have to do with automation?
> It is fairly easy to automate
If it's so "easy" why hasn't it been done?

Computers can't follow vague instructions. The list of specifications you would have to provide a computer for it to write code on its own would be so large you might as well write the code yourself.

It's gonna be a while before an AI has the creative capacity to solve even the most basic problems in software development, because at the end of the day, people have to like the product to use it.

>finish art history
>become programmer codemonkey
why can't you do both?
The most is importand thing is portfolio anyway

>If it's so "easy" why hasn't it been done?

It's being done every single day you fucking moron.

Correct, places like Starbucks are more likely to hire liberal majors because they are confident their new hires won't jump ship for better offers.

we might, but probably not in the next few weeks

What... How did Mark Cuban make his fortune? I don't know much about this idiot besides the fact he has a TV show and owns some sports teams. Who the fuck would spew out stupid shit like this? Does he have some hidden agenda to weaken America?

To be fair Stephen Hawking probably smokes some dank ass weed.

Where can I find one of these magical machines that will write code for me? Oh, and you better tell every single software company in the world that they can stop hiring developers now, because apparently they didn't get the memo.

>should i get this $1000 Sony TV with the best panel and image quality in the industry?
>nah, I am gonna get this $600 Vizio with a terrible green tint, shit speakers, and laughable build quality

People are cheap as fuck. Very rarely do they buy actual quality.

Japan still makes good electronic components but the hardware their actual companies make now are just as shitty as everyone else now. If you're a maker, japanese electronics are top tier.

>yahoo gives financial advice
sage

There will never be a demand for liberal arts. There might very well be more artists than engineers, but if so it will be because we've entered a post-scarcity society and people can do what they want rather than what the world needs.

is this the same guy who said trump was gonna lose to clinton 99,99%?

True. In the future It might become a better use of your time to get a liberal arts degree, but the amount of jobs in those fields aren't going to magically increase just because engineering jobs are decreasing.

Well, considering liberal arts is for homosexuals, and homosexuals crave the cock in their mouths, yeah, I guess it's a way of doing a living.

Why would you think this?

>polish
>pajeet

You really need to make your mind up

>The first expert system to be used in a design capacity for a large-scale product was the SID (Synthesis of Integral Design) software program, developed in 1982. Written in LISP, SID generated 93% of the VAX 9000 CPU logic gates.[18] Input to the software was a set of rules created by several expert logic designers. SID expanded the rules and generated software logic synthesis routines many times the size of the rules themselves. Surprisingly, the combination of these rules resulted an overall design that exceeded the capabilities of the experts themselves, and in many cases out-performed the human counterparts. While some rules contradicted others, top-level control parameters for speed and area provided the tie-breaker. The program was highly controversial, but used nevertheless due project budget constraints. It was terminated by logic designers after the VAX 9000 project completion.

Engineers shat their pants and dismantled the AI to avoid losing their jobs.

Does anyone believe him? Because if what he is saying is pushed into reality, we are going to have an incredibly drop in STEM productivity.

I hope so, or else I've got some expensive cars to return...

>Russian dominance
Nah, they don't talk, it's literally lamestream media who's pushing narratives. Trump is dealing with international trade more than security of overseas interests.

Underrated post

Or rather programming and engineering will be augmented

>manipulating the normos into making bad decisions
Based.
I say we all pretend he's right so that our pay will be higher in ten years.

The only real programmer on Sup Forums here.
Programming is already largely automated, you dip. Ever heard of a compiler? If we could make one that did even more of it for you, we already would have.

This guy is fucking dope.*
>not wanting a huge programmer shortage
Clearly you aren't a programmer.

>irritated
So they know it's yours when they make it and you know it's yours after they make it. Why the fuck would having your name on a cup irritate you

I bet that Cuban is one of those people who thinks that a specialized education "teaches you a career" whereas lib arts "teaches you how to learn." If that's the case his heart is in the right place; more and more, the only people who are employable are those who can figure out how to do anything. However it's hilarious to think that most lib arts graduates know how to do anything at all.

Not technology. Fuck off.

>The only real programmer on Sup Forums here

This is either bait or pure stupidity. Either way, move on.