HI Sup Forums

HI Sup Forums
Today I'll be installing React OS on real hardware for your amusement

This is a Copperfield celeron on i815 with 512 megabytes of memory and a matrox G400

Also a nigger ssd

Not crashing so far

This resolution already is better than in XP installation

Druaga pls go

Ethernet not working as expected, time for drivers

Still bumping

Well, USB mass storage does not work. Gonna get my USB to CF adapter to get drivers in.

Bump

Network driver does not install claiming it's for a wrong card. Installed the display driver and it's stuck here. Noice

Oh well

Safe mode still tries to load G400 driver for some reason and crashes.

fucked.

Also I think my caps are busted. I guess this concludes today's performance!

please try again with a new entry in this series.

>The Fine Bros
wtf

They tried to trademark the word "React"

yep rip those caps

the G400 AGP supposedly should work, maybe try it again, try another driver
keep in mind reactos targets windows 2003

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

lmao, Russia better fund this project at full speed if they want to replace this to replace Windows.

fubar'd

>they want to replace this to replace Windows
You get the point.

Most entertaining thread I've seen in a while

>Word up drug smokers!

What a shitshow

Fix that motherboard

This was immediately my first reaction haha

Op here, good news! I have several more of these shitty computers with different vidya cards, so look forward to more episodes of this shitshow next week!

By the way, how do I extract built-in drivers from XP to put them into ReactOS?

why the fuck is it copying reiserfs.sys when it doesn't support anything but FAT

Druaga you already did this once, try something else.

Maybe it's a limitation for boot drives only?

Like how you have to install wangblows on NTFS only, while it supports fat32 and exfat too.

is this some new spicy meme?

This went about as well as could be expected. Good luck next time with your next garbage build PC, user.

Why not just get the device drivers on a USB stick and install them that way?

Because bare drivers built into XP have a better chance of working than drivers downloaded from the manufacturer's website that include extra 30 megabytes of bullshit.

Also

Love that inwin case. The front is so stylish on those. Looks like its internals are a lot more convenient too when compared to my A500.

>matrox
oh baby that takes me back

God speed OP, with some divine luck ReactOS will get good enough to replace the piece of shti that is Windows10

I had an A500 once, it's alright when you need to disassemble and replace all the internals at once, but sucks thermaltake dragon orbs when you just need to swap a single component

best thread in Sup Forums right now purely for ironic reasons

Somehow I never got bulged caps, except on one asrock lga 775 board I found in discarded PC.

Oh, they do? Nice, I have one. I meant to try Reactos like since 2007, but by the look of it, the ability to run from real hardware only decreased with the advent of VMs.

Maybe in another decade it'll be as stable as Windows 95.

IMHO the task is too big. It will never get anywhere.

if a S3 ViRGE won't work, nothing will

>2040
>Microsofts support for any Windows version long gone
>because of bullshit proprietary licenses people are stuck using insecure versions of Windows server and the like
>Here about this free OS that runs all of your legacy code that you can easily service
>No longer bound to shitty old systems to run Windows server
If anything, ReactOS devs are playing the long game

Oh I got that too, but that's unsuitable for 2D display even. 16bit, low resolutions only.

You say that as if Windows 95 was stable, in first place.

thatsthejoke.avi.scr.exe