/mpv/ - not for windows anymore?

I have similar issues with my AMD GPU:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/4170

I thought changing angle-egl-windowing worked but no, I still have bunch of crashes.
I tried to use a Linux distro but it was a nightmare, Xorg crashed all the time.

The only thing that currently works perfectly is mpc-hc-nightly with madvr.
It's a little bit weird to install but it works.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=409002
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
github.com/bardisty/dotfiles/tree/master/mpv/.config/mpv/shaders
videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AMD GPU
you didnt listen

>AYYYYMD
>OGL
pick one

>AMD APU

They're shit anyway.

The guy in that issue is using an unsupported legacy card on Windows 10. I was in that situation once with an older laptop and it was horrible. Video playback in Chrome and in Microsoft Office documents didn't work either. It's fair to say that if the built-in Movies & TV app also crashes, there's something horribly wrong with the drivers.

For ancient machines like that, there's --opengl-backend=win, --vo=direct3d, and of course, madVR or something else DX9 based. (Check out the system requirements section of the mpv readme. "Crappy GPUs" are not supported.)

He should use this driver pack for pre-gcn cards (recommended one):
forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=409002

It works fucking well, I can even use the shitty opencl based nnedi3 from madvr, however ngu (high) is still my favourite scaler for low resolution aka less than 1080p contents.

And it works with mpv without mysterious egl options, however dxinterop doesn't work with hybrid amd/intel systems.

Is madvr really better than mpv with prescalers from this repo?
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master

What about performance?
Is NGU low/medium faster and better than nnedi3-nns16/nns32?

mpv is a cheap knockoff of MadVR. Purely a linux meme. They can't run MadVR there.

--angle-egl-windowing=yes should also fix it under ANGLE.

Yes it's faster and better than madVR, so yes it's cheaper to use mpv.

What about this custom superxbr shaders?
github.com/bardisty/dotfiles/tree/master/mpv/.config/mpv/shaders

Only the 1.0+ releases of madVR will be paid!
Currently you can use madVR for free but you are invited to test/debug it on your system.

current amd drivers are pretty unstable. madvr users have all sorts of trouble with them, too, mostly on windows 10. if you can, go back to pre-crimson drivers.

madshi said on doom9 that he might do some sort of "pro" madvr version for 1.0+ with some extra features, but that there will always be a free version.

>Only the 1.0+ releases of madVR will be paid!
Any recent sources?
>madshi said on doom9 that he might do some sort of "pro" madvr version for 1.0+ with some extra features, but that there will always be a free version.
He said that years ago but nothing ever happened. Still, people quite this all the time.

doom9 or [email protected]

Aren't AMD cards the best for opengl?

What!!! No!!!

Can someone give me an answer without shitposting please?

>doom9 or [email protected]
So you have no source beyond the old and most likely no longer valid post.
Also, want to add that this post was like "I'm thinking about..." not "I'm going to...".

win10 + mpv + madvr = dream setup for video playback, yes it's a dream, this will never happen

mpv is a piece of shit. just open mpc-hc and press "1". It will turn it very minimalist like mpv.
the meme that mpv is light is stupid.
everything can be light.

Not light, just better than mpc-hc, madvr, lavfilters and assfiltermod.

Works fine on my A10 7800 APU with linux mint.

>have tv card
>uses alsa for output, system on pulseaudio
>new versions of alsa/mpv cause cpu to spike to 200%+
what happen? i've narrowed all issues down to something in alsa

Nah mpv is not better, it's maybe simpler to configure because mpv has a very good documentation. However I think directshow will always perform better than opengl on windows even with the angle technology. I currently like the new ngu pixart (3) from madshi but it's maybe because I watch a lot of 480p/720p videos with a projector, sharpen is a key feature. I admit that it can destroy picture fidelity on a recent monitor.

The best to install on windows:
videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix

Why would you use mpv on Win? mpc-hc+madVR is so much better. Especially with new NGU pixart 3 for low quality videos.

The best is to:
1.) Install mpc-hc nightly 64bit
2.) "Install madVR"
3.) "Instal" xysubfilter beta
4.)Configure madVR with presets to maximize video quality for every video resolution and FPS.

atm there is a horrible bug where madVR crashes on video playback on AyyMD

I've used both and one is not "so" much better than the other picture wise. They looked damn near identical. Although, I dont download low res shit so upscalers are useless to me.

or
install mpv

It affects minority. Also there is a workaround.

are you talking about the one in the reddit thread? there is one but it disabled madvr for me

I dont read reddit. But its probably other "workaround".

i dont either just googled "amd madvr crash" and thats what came up

yeah it also works 100% normal with normal catalyst

best mpv config for nvidia 740 on linux?

profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes

the workaround is to lower the number of pre-presented frames to 6 or 4. or alternatively to turn d3d11 presentation on or off (dont remember which way).

>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
ewa-lanczossoft should be used for scale.

Why?

Because sharp is too sharp for normal scaling.

Shit, nevermind, sharp is too much for cscale, not scale.

>cscale
Is it chroma?
>scale
Luma?

>Is it chroma?
Yes
>Luma?
Not sure, don't think so, but check the manual to be sure.

He probably will get dropped frames for some content on his shit GPU with Jinc.

wouldnt this be using swdec and not hw?

Yes, by default software is used.

Is there a way to bind a key to minimize the mpv window? I have no-border enabled and it's too much trouble to minimize it.

you are a fucking idiot

I've already corrected myself you tard.

how to use hw accel in that situation?

Check the manual.

Please?

No, because you are talking about memes

works on my computer :)

Bump?

>AMD GPU
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

scale=haasnsoft
cscale=ewa_lanczos
Fixed for you.

why not
vdpaupp:hqscale=1
?

meant
vdpaupp:hqscaling=1