Ryzen DOA

So from a credible source at AMD, the only good thing Ryzen has over current Intel CPUs are multi threading. The IPC is identical to Sandybridge Xeons which cost well below 100us.

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.hardware.info/nieuws/50470/eerste-onafhankelijke-amd-ryzen-benchmarks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t. bullshit

where is your source?

>source
There isn't any source because OP is a Intel shill, we already know Ryzen is a meme and I can't wait until it releases to see the look on Intel's faces

>wait X amount of years for the best AMD gaymur CPU
>fanboys flock to Sup Forums with bogus benchmarks
>day of release "b-but it is cheaper than Intel for less and same performance"
>real life performance worse than Bulldozer
Mods sticky this please as a reminder than you.

I know you have a shit source but honestly you can't trust the poo in Loos after the stunt they pulled with polaris being the same speed as a gtx 970 and 980, we all know how that turned out

How did it turn out?

t. retarded Jewtel shill

Also don't you fucking sully the image of Duchovny you heathen.

>AMDumbfucks constantly posting bullshit leaked benchmarks
>not waiting for the actual release where we will see the true performance because every time we've listened to leaked benchmarks they've been wrong
>call everyone who is skeptical a Jew or an intel shill
You wonder why everyone thinks ryzen waitfags are annoying
You guys have literally been waiting 5 years for your favorite company to deliver performance Intel had 3 years ago

I like how you forgot to mention it's the same performance Intel has now.

>poo in the loos outright lying saying it has skylake IPC
>nothing happens
>point out it actually has sandy IPC
>lol Intel shill t. Jew XD XD

Except it isn't
The IPC is haswell tier, the reason it pulls forward in benchmarks is because MOAR COARS

>actually
No.

Yes, and Kaby Lake is also 15% faster than Skylake.

Nice source you have there
Gonna post your multithreaded benchmarks again?

the leaks for polaris were pretty much on point, see it's just really fashionable to hate on AMD. Nobody is saying Intel's parts aren't fast, they're saying the parts are overpriced.

>Intel had 3 years ago
Yeah, so within 10% of what they have right now? .....i mean

You sure about that? The 480 crossfire meme and the first leaks showing it to be furyx tier?
Except literally nobody is saying that, you're just spouting memes as a defense

>source
>my fucked ass

SAGE, HIDE AND FUCK OFF!

First Skaylake leaks showed it had 20% more IPC than Broadwell, you really wanna argue leaks?

Your dad who works at AMD is not a credible source

Yes
All leaks are fucking retarded and it seems nobody here as learned anything from trusting them

Fuck off.

The bulldozer leaks were actually spot on
They showed it being garbage

>wccftech
>leaked benchmarks again
What excuse will you guys come up with when the actual release comes

Even those were wrong
It showed bulldozer being better garbage

uhhh...all the leaks i saw placed it around the gtx 980, which is exactly where it is now. I saw zero leaks saying it would be a fury x. I don't doubt those leaks exist, but obviously most people didn't take that seriously, so neither should you. If you can show a leak for Ryzen saying it has better IPC than Kaby Lake, then I'll call that leak bullshit, but literally every leak we have is showing the same results.

Are you saying that everyone who has gotten their hands on Ryzen engineering samples has somehow, independently, managed to inflate benchmark scores just to fuck with you? Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

Way to move the goalposts nigger. No one has official benchmarks faggot, we're working with what we have.

(((source)))

1 more week and we will see how Ryzen will fare against Intel in real world applications.

>The 480 crossfire meme

They said that it performs like a 1080 in AoTS, they never said anything about other games.

>first leaks showing it to be furyx tier?

You mean the bar graph where the 480's bar literally went off the chart, which obviously was a joke? Again, wccftech might have been spouting bullshit per usual but I don't recall AMD saying anything like that.

And building stupidly high amount of hype on leaks
Are you saying everyone who received engineering samples showing skylake to be 20% faster faked it?

Like Skyrim?

How come a $1000 CPU has near equal single thread performance like a $389 CPU from AMD?

All hype is the responsibility of its owner

because of the jew

>Are you saying everyone who received engineering samples showing skylake to be 20% faster faked it?
No, they just made bullshit graphs with photoshop and posted them online, like over half of Zen leaks are.
The very first real verified leak of Skylake was some 2.0GHz or slightly higher part, I don't think you remember.

And it wasn't 1080 tier
And no I wasn't referring to the joke graph

Yes, games, and video decoding/encoding, winrar and so on.

Not some synthetic benches.

But anything 'real world' will shrink the difference in synthetics between Intel and AMD so that just makes Intel look worse.

Except Intel actually does better in real world apps

feel free to post links to these leaks claiming 20% better performance, because the three I just found on google all say 4-8% performance gains. Again, there will always be outliers. This is simple stuff that even children understand; if everyone in a child's class says the school bus is going to be 5 minutes late today and Henry the Idiot says it's going to be 20 minutes late, only the other idiot child in the class is going to say that everyone is wrong because Henry is an idiot.

Do you want to be an idiot like Henry? If not, stop picking the most outlandish claims you can find for use as a benchmark for all others.

citation needed

Intel has more powerful hardware that isn't fully utilized in the consumer market outside of synthetics, so no, it's not doing better in real world apps.
Here's a Sup Forums example, you know that 5-10% difference in IPC between Ryzen leaks and Kabylake? That's not gonna be even 2% in games because games don't hammer the FPU like a drunk hooker.

There are leaked gaming benchmarks out there for Ryzen and the results fall in line with everything else we've seen.

Sure thing bud
Go test it yourself if you aren't poor

Leaks are only valid when it reflects poorly on AMD.

Wheree are they ?

ayyyyyyyyyyy lmao!
FINISHED & BANKRUPT!

No there arent

>go test it yourself
I would love to senpai, but how do I get a Ryzen CPU right now?

Leaks are only valid when they reflect greatly on AMD
If not then it becomes
>muh ram
>c-clockspeeds
>backhand tactics

>how
stop being poor

They were part of the Cunard PC leaks back in December.

Show them then

uh... yes there are

>French nobodies from last year
Lmao

The same frog nobodies that leaked K8 half a year before it was released? You know that chip 9 years before you knew the first thing about hardware?

Literal nobodies leaking fake shit early
Disgusting frogs

next time you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, I invite you to use google to find information before making blind claims, OK?

John, haha. Where did you find this one?!

Read the filename to find out.

>frogs did in fact leak false shit early
>dood imma need you to use google man google it

>false
what makes you say that?

I remember you from that Sup Forums thread. You got BTFO fairly hard there, "user". You should try shilling on lereddit instead.

So Ryzen is way behind in games?

>>frogs did in fact leak false shit early
What did he mean by this?

Source: Intel marketing department.

jew lies

stop pretending to be retarded

>intel shills are restless today

>6c 12t ryzen 3% behind 6c 12t 6800k
>way behind

It's also behind the $230 6600K, but yes, I'm the shill I guess.

>mfw looking at the ryzen motherbaords
What the fuck is wrong with mainboard manufactures? All I want I a high end motherboard will useless BIOS options that I don't even understand that doesn't look like it was designed by a 12 year old with a pirated copy of auto CAD. WHY WHY WHY.

>people actually buy this shit
What is wrong with guts threads

Ryzen engineering sample had a locked clock of 3.4ghz on all cores, while the Intel CPUs were still able to turboboost single core performance. Retail ryzen won't have this problem

That is also the benchmarks for the 8c/16t version of Ryzen you shill fuck

What is clockspeed?

You were already proven as a liar based on your earlier post. So I'm not going to believe you.

Not me, retard. Also don't dodge the question faggot.

>not me
sure
I can't answer the question because I don't speak frog.
But based on the other benchmarks I don't believe the clock is locked otherwise they would be lower
nl.hardware.info/nieuws/50470/eerste-onafhankelijke-amd-ryzen-benchmarks

>$400 AMD chip that is not released yet
>20% slower than 2 year old $300 Skylake chip
I don't want to be the first one to say this but, it looks like AMD might actually be finished this time.

Nah, the top end Ryzen part is clocking at 4ghz, and that's an octocore. The quadcore parts will certainly clock that high, if not higher. The jump from 3.4ghz to 4ghz will net about 20% more performance, putting the Ryzen part neck and neck with a 6700k.

The only unanswered question about Ryzen, really, is what kind of overclocking we can expect, because that will be a big deal against the Intel parts.

I don't really know why there are so many that are so resistant to the notion of AMD bringing high performance parts to market that undercut Intel's price points. That's what AMD has always done. If they didn't do that, the company wouldn't exist. I'm guessing it's kids who aren't old enough to remember how irrelevant AMD made Pentium 4.

>not realising I'm moving you in the style of a Jeopardy answer
kys

*mocking

Not sure who you think I am, or what your beef is, but this is my first post in this thread friendo. You don't have to take my word for it, canard PC and other engineering sample holders confirmed locked clocks. Review samples with unlocked clocks are already being sent out to reviewers under NDA, we should see the results in a couple weeks and then there will be no shred of doubt.

>>$400 AMD chip that is not released yet
At 3.4Ghz
% slower than 2 year old $300 Skylake chip
at 4.2Ghz

3.4/4.2 = .81
So, at 81% of the Skylake's clock speed, it's 80% as fast as it.

The 6600k they're testing is not OC'd either and I know for a fact that you can push 4.5GHz on air

why do you care how it looks like if it functions as it should?
you put it in case and forget about.

Honest question from a newfag: How much was the improvement Sandy Bridge had over their previous architecture? As far as I've read it remains the most consistent improvement in the last few years.

>The jump from 3.4ghz to 4ghz will net about 20% more performance
Does it hurt when you pull information out of your ass or are you just used to it by now?

>why do you care
hard to explain that to 18y-20y olds

yes, which is why the overclocking on the quadcores will be interesting. On the one hand, we've seen nothing from the leaks that suggests the chips will manage significant overclocks, but on the other hand, Canard PC reported a 5ghz single core overclock on Ryzen.

Personally, I don't really give a shit about overclocking, though, so Ryzen I might get an XFR Ryzen part and forget about it.

nehalem to sandy? seriously overrated
sandy to ivy actual 10-15% as far as I know
then it went into 2-5% to this day so in 5 years it improved whole damn 8%

that's why everyone is excited, CPU side of things was stale and boring for too long

OSD? you can't use orange motherboard even if you can't see it?

Why the leaks so far I'm disappointed.
The only reason I need a fast CPU is gaming and by the looks of it they'll fall behind once again despite the hype.
I give no fucks how fast it is on Cinebench if it costs more than 6600k and performs worse

Because I want my shit to look cool, just... not like that. Also I refuse to pay for something that looks so fucking ugly.

I think the problem with all the asus rog shit is that people buy it because of the features and then asus thinks people like the design so they double down. At least that's what I want to believe. I seriously hope nobody spending 400€ on a motherboard thinks this looks good.

You do realize that they'll also release 4 core/8 thread and 4 core/4 thread parts, right?