/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus leaked by a retailer, specs revealed
gsmarena.com/moto_g5_and_moto_g5_plus_leaked_by_a_retailer_specs_revealed-news-23517.php

Huawei rumored to be unveiling Honor 8 Pro at MWC 2017
phandroid.com/2017/02/17/huawei-honor-8-pro-rumor/

Just in: ZTE Blade V8 Pro hands-on
gsmarena.com/just_in_zte_blade_v8_pro_handson-blog-23443.php

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) vs Samsung Galaxy S7
phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-A5-2017-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S7_id4316

Deal: Grab a Sony Xperia XZ for $450
gsmarena.com/deal_sony_xperia_xz_for_450_until_thursday_on_b_h_photo-blog-23516.php

[Deal Alert] LG V20 on sale for $499.99 ($300 off) via B&H today only
androidpolice.com/2017/02/20/deal-alert-lg-v20-sale-499-99-300-off-via-bh-today/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01LZHFSBC/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro
forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/lineageos-13-2017-01-03-unofficial-t3540701
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-16-17.38651/
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1285960-REG/lg_lgus996_ausatn_lg_v20_4gb_ram.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One more:

Amazon.com Deal of the day
BLU LIFE ONE X2 - 4G LTE Unlocked Snapdragon 430 3150mAh Smartphone

16GB+2GB RAM
$119.99

4GB+4GB RAM
$179.99

amazon.com/dp/B01LZHFSBC/

iPhone 7 or burst.

>doesn't ship to Montenegro
I fucking hate balkan

It's Amazon.com, they rarely ship to anywhere in Europe

Need a new smartphone
>up to 5inch screen
>Either 720 or Full HD is ok
>Big battery please
> atleast 2gb of ram, 3 prefered
>Camera with okayish quality
>Must support cyanogenmod ( now lineage OS ?? )

been looking at xiaomemes like redmi 3s, Mi4c and Mi5
budget is 200 europoors

last phone was an Elephone P4000 and was a total Piece of Shite

I need a dirt cheap Android phone that either runs stock android and/or can flash custom roms. The phone should preferably have a removable sd card and a decent antenna.

The phone is intended for pentesting Android vulnerabilities

Redmi 4 Prime.
SD625
4100 mAh

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro

Blu R1 HD.

ZUK Z2, Mi5 or Redmi 4 Pro

What is the consensus on the BB priv

You can get a prepaid Moto E for under $30

I'm loving my new Moto Z Play. For what I do, it performs just as well as my LG G3, while lasting much longer before having to charge it, as I'm on my third day since I've last charged it.

Hey guys. I found an lg on the ground on the way to work. I want to replace my shitty phone with it.
I tried the typical factory reset on lock screen, which worked. But google wants to sync to the previous owner's and I can't get around it.
Is there a way to reset to actual factory settings?

Give it back, Tyrone

>mfw I missed the Bestbuy $200 refurb sale

Give it back, Jamal.

Give it back, Tarquan.

Not him but does the Redmi 4 Pro have stable support for cyanogenmod? I'm new to this whole shit and the only thing I ever did before was rooting an xperia Z3. I just bought a 4 Pro, the vendor said it comes with the global rom. What rom do you recommend?

But I'm white.
Frosted over from exposure to snow. Was stuck to the grass.

If you like MiUI stick with it. if not unlock and flash LOS.

forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/lineageos-13-2017-01-03-unofficial-t3540701

It has a LOS13 ROM that seems pretty stable from reading the comments.

There's also the Xiaomi.eu ROM which is a de-bloated MIUI ROM
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-16-17.38651/

Old phone was a Nokia Lumia 521 and the one I ordered is a Zenfone 3 Max, with 3GB RAM. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be satisfied with my purchase since the Lumia was beyond shit, with only 512mb RAM and 1GHz dual core cpu, but how is the Zenfone 3?

It's alright, battery life should be pretty great considering it's running under-powered MT6737M with 4100mAh battery.

I'm an Italian here. I was wondering what phone I could get for around 300 euros, at the moment I'm pretty tempted to get a Sony Xperia XA.
What's your opinion, mighty gods of technology?

No, XA is trash.
Xperia X is alright.
Zuk Z2 Pro or Mi5s are much better than both.
Moto G4+ if you don't want chinks.

Care to explain about the XA?
Thanks for your help

Kill yourself you cunt. You're just a lazy thief at this point. I'd respect you more if you had stolen that phone directly from someone.

>mediakek Helio P10
It's shit.

is it underclocked? Should I bother trying to tinker with it?

I couldn't even get in the phone to attempt returning it as it was locked. Not my fault they dropped it and it sat there until all the snow defrosted.

No, it's just a weak SoC. around 37k antutu. should be alright for day to day use but obviously not for gaymin.

The SD625 on the vanilla ZenFone 3 scores around 60k for comparison.

looks nice does it have a notification led or something like it ?

I've been using my Moto g4 for a week
What the fuck was I thinking when I had an iPhone. Android is easy to use, apps are snappy, the phone is lightweight. Tossed in a 128 microSD and things are peachy. Battery lasts a day and a half, sometimes more.
The only problem is the camera, that's literally it. I would recommend this phone to anyone. Makes sense why its shilled in this thread almost as much as the xiaomi.

Stop playing stupid. Just bring it to the local police department, or post in some local facebook group if you're in a mood to try to help someone out.
Fucking gypsy faggot

What's the deal with the camera? I'm tempted to get one.

Why get the G4 now when the G5 is being announced in a weeks time

I'm on budget, I don't like to spend much on phones. How much would it drop in price?

Not really planning on gaming, just shitposting on Sup Forums and maybe like tetris or some shit.

Maybe if I had a car or used fb. Tbh it probably wouldn't work anyway. Besides, they probably have a new phone by now as it must've been under three feet of snow for weeks.

G5 isn't that much of an upgrade anyway and it's more like a refresh.

The camera is okay in good lighting and average at best in low light. It takes okay shots, but could be better. Considering that the g5 will be announced soon I think that was saying that the g5 might be a similar price to the g4 now, but better specs. The g4 might get 10-20 dollars cheaper next month

>ilag
>no native file browser
>have to use lagtunes
>dogshit battery life
>no amoled screen
>can't torrent or download youtube videos or browse Sup Forums comfortably without hacking it

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

no thanks

Not bad, I'm not very familiar with Motorola's way of handling things so I'll stay tuned

jesus christ i hate that Sup Forums always attracts these people
fucking assholes
>probably wouldn't work anyway. Besides, they probably have a new phone by now
you're a bad person. What if they were broke?

Stop it with the excuses, you piece of human garbage. If I was the owner of that phone and somehow managed to track you down, you wouldn't get away with a verbal warning, buddy.

I'm also broke and badly in need of a new phone.
I know how it is to lose a phone. I got pickpocketed out of a flagship phone a few years back. This one is a cheap walmart model, however. I saw it more as a gift from the random chance gods than me being human scum, but okay.

>LG
Bootloops, awful customer service when you try to replace your bootlooped phone because they want to hide the issue. Poor performance even with the latest Qualcomm SOC. G5's and V20's are noticably slower than other Android phones.
>Samsung
Exploding + Touchwiz + Abysmal update speed (and when you finally get Nougat it's probably going to worsenperformance like Lolipop and Marshmallow)
>HTC, Motorola, Sony, etc
Shitty skins + OEM and carrier bloat. While not as bad as Samsung, slow updates. Not to mention their offerings are just all around inferior to Samsungs.
>One Plus
Probably your best bet if your carrier supports it. Have fun gambling with your $400. You might get a phone that has a shitty screen, or a bad battery, or whatever. But it's only a mild inconvenience!
>Other Chink phones
All around garbage.
>Pixel
Disappointing. Pixel 2 is Android's last hope.

Why do you use Android?

boohoo, you fucking faggot. Nobody cares about you shitty life. It's probably karma for being probably one of the worst combinations possible - a self-righteous criminal

I don't feel like I'm either. I'd never steal from someone. I'm a good person. If anything, finding the phone is good karma, which is how I perceived it.
But if you wanna believe it that's okay. I'll let you guys go back to posting about moto gs.

S T O P
R E P L Y I N G

You don't think you're a self-righteous criminal, but in the next sentence you're justifying not returning a found phone, which is classed as theft in most jurisdictions.
Yeah ok cool

obvious but 100% true copypasta

I used to own an iPhone 5, 6, and 7 btw

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

You can spout all the "lagdroid XDddd---" memes you want but Android phones truly are more advanced than itoddler phones and the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now.

Decent phone, good build quality, overall nice. Only issue with that phone, Bluetooth kills battery stupid fast and stupid bugs here and there.

What chinkphone has the best camera for around 200 maple dollars?

My autism compelled me to put this together and these are all the reasonable options I see for what I need.

I live in US and have at&t, so no chinkshit.

I work in lawn irrigation and take calls in the field so I either need a water resistant phone or one that has good case options. When I price in a case, it's typically one that provides sufficient protection, such as lifeproof.

I am currently using a Galaxy S5 which met my needs when I bought it, but the thing has just turned to slow shit for at least the past year. I really hate Samsung shit.

It seems like most of what I see other contractor type guys using is S7's or iPhones. I've never owned an iPhone and really don't like using them, but I'm at my wits end with android's offerings. But I do love ricing the shit out of my phone and I have like $60 in play credit stored up from Google Rewards.

Price is definitely a large factor for me, but it doesn't look like I have much choice if I set a budget. Suffice to say the OnePlus 3T is the most expensive phone I can buy off-contract.

What is my best bet?

Bump

about to buy the redmeme note 4.
any other better options that also have a sd card slot?

Mi4c

Never buy Mediatek. Get the Note 4X or Note 3 Pro, Redmi 4 pro if you're fine with 5" display.

Moto G4 Plus on sale, 200 eurodollars

broke for two weeks, can't get on that

fml

Should I sell my worn out Oneplus One and get a Redmi 3 Pro?

Any pro or cons?

I also live in the US, and am considering phones on at&t (straight talk) as well. Have you considered the Moto Z Play? It seems to fit between the 1+3t and the G4

Also, im curious, is the Zuk z2 pro, or honor 8 not an option on at&t?

I'd wait to see the phones announced at MWC. What do you use your phone for?

Why get that when Redmi 4 Pro exists?

BLU R1 HD or a used Moto G

Hm.. but its only 5.0"? Am I wrong? I really wanted to have good, cheap 5.5"

The Moto Z Play seems like really great value for the money, I'm just not sold on the durability of the thing. Same for the Zuk and Honor 8. Although the Z Play may have better case options than the chink phones. Another issue I have with it is that it costs as much as the 3T without looking as nice, but this is subjective. Do you know of any good cases for the Z?

I think I will add the Z to my list of considerations since I've heard great things about the battery life.

Redmi 3 Pro is also 5" but I'm guessing you meant the Redmi NOTE 3 Pro. Yes, it's worth it to upgrade from Oneplus One.

Yes, sorry my fault, meant the Note.

What sorta games you guys play on your phones?

One week feels like forever when I'm dealing with my S5, but yeah I will be waiting.

I use my phone a lot as a GPS unit since I do house calls for lawn irrigation. Beyond that, I have to carry it with me while I'm working in case I get another call. During the summer time my pants can get soaked three or more times in a day. I can see that I'm hard on my phones. Considering buying a separate gps unit since that is hell on the battery of a phone.

Do you feel you'd need flagship tier specs with your use? The Moto G4 would handle most phone stuff just as fine as the phones 2-3x its price.

Someone knows how to flash CM (or maybe another CFW) on a LG P970 with Android 2.2.2?
Cyanogenmod wiki seems to be offline, and i have never flashed a smartphone before.

>inb4 Sup Forums is not your technical support

>Still using a phone from 2011
Get a new phone, poorfag

Nope

That's rude.
I'm using one from 2011 myself, been looking to upgrade from my Galaxy S2.

>buying even numbered galaxys, ever

Well yes and no. I only say yes because they main reason I'm upgrading from the S5 is how slowly it chugs along. It's a very frustrating experience to open maps, dial phone numbers, and read text messages. The second reason is that the battery drops crazy fast, but I can live with that since I can charge it when I drive.

But the answer is also no because it isn't the specs that matter, but rather the performance. I don't care about driving some 1440p screen, I just want to be able to see it in the daytime and not pull my hair out using it. I love the price of the Moto G4 Plus and it seems good. Very excited to see more of the Moto G5 (hopefully) next week.

Check the sticky u dumb dumb

What is the difference on redmi 4 prime and pro or are they the same phone?

Have you tried a factory reset, or installing a custom ROM on the S5? It's a recent enough phone that it shouldn't be lagging near as much as what you're describing. I have a phone with the same chipset and it's absolutely smooth and lagfree.

Also the S5 has a replaceable battery so buying a new battery should fix it draining fast. There's also extended batteries available for it that have double or even triple the original capacity, if you don't mind the added bulk.

Oh shit really? Welp better luck next time I guess

Not a bad idea doing a factory reset, it's just that I've heard very similar complaints from owners of the phones. The performance seems to drop very badly whenever they roll out updates. But I suppose there's no harm in giving it a try.

I'm a little shy about replacing the battery since I did the same thing for my dad's S4 Active, but the battery life didn't actually get better. The problem for him wasn't the battery wearing out, but actually the phone just wanting more power.

I looked around at installing a more stock-like ROM, but I just wasn't able to find a simple enough guide for my understanding. I know that this specific version (the at&t variant) has a locked bootloader.

I will do a factory reset, and if the performance becomes bearable I could grab a zero-lemon case.
Thanks.

Same phone

Is there someplace where I can learn about the definition and importance of these specs besides googling the terms individually? Terms like "snapdragon" mean nothing to a newfag like me, but I would like To learn.

how about a ranking of Snapdragon processors?
are all the 8xx better than 6xx, and 6xx better than 4xx?

No. Just like in desktop CPUs: i7-860 isn't faster than i5-7500.

I've been considering switching over to android. Is there anything comparable to apple watch for fitness tracking? completely serious.

is the LG V20 worth it at $499 or is the bootloop meme real?

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1285960-REG/lg_lgus996_ausatn_lg_v20_4gb_ram.html

I haven't heard about bootloops in the v20, but LG is notorious for it. The v20 is a good phone.

mi band is the most owned on Sup Forums due to chink shit
other than that, not really

I'm needing a 'new' phone for around

>tfw using the s2 as well still

Man, I just want a new fucking phone already. Nothing from 2016 looks worthy of upgrading to and 2017 even looks worse. What do /spg/?

What kind of features are you waiting for if no current phone looks worthy of upgrading to?

oukitel 20+ or redmi 4a

My current phone has a micro sim card and I just ordered a OP3T, which has a nano sim card.
I just need to cut it to the right shape&size and the card will work in the new phone on the same network, right?
Will I keep the same number too?

20+ has 40k+ antutu score, redmeme4a has 36k
Do the math

Redmi 4A, easy.

Yeah, just be careful not to fuck up cutting it or you'll have to go get a new SIM. Though your carrier might just give you a nano SIM card if you ask for one.

Why? Apparently oukitel has a better score?