What memes did you instantly regret after falling for them? Pic extremely related

What memes did you instantly regret after falling for them? Pic extremely related.

BBOS, desu. Bought a Classic about a year ago and was absolutely stunned at how little apps there were. As a device purely meant for calls, texts and emails, it seems more than adequate, but for my use case (gaymez) it didn't cut it. Six months later I was back on Android.

Fell for the 1440p 144hz meme
For an increase of so many lockes, it doesn't look that much better than 1080P.
Should have gone 4k

I'd be worried by falling for the 144hz part.

Increase in pixels*

Same as you OP.

I bought an Intel Babbylake. regret it so much with Ryzen incoming.

>tfw was going to finally upgrade after 4 years to an 8350
>tfw I fell for the "WAIT FOR ZEN" meme
>tfw it was the best meme I've ever fallen for

1080p, 144hz is sweet.
90% of games run 144fps
Enjoy the smooth gameplay
Issue is, 1440p is very demanding even for a gtx1080.
Most games run at 70fps
Making that 144hz pointless
While 1440p doesn't look that different bthan 1080p with a bunch of AA.

Mechanical keyboard, iPhone, 144Hz.

I bought a mid-ATX case with hopes of ATX/SLI

Now after putting together my build, I realize just how expensive this stuff is if you want to make it really work.

I should have gone ITX with this.

I have fallen for a few Sup Forums memes, but they've all been pretty good.

>X201 Thinkpad
>Redmi Note 3 Pro
>Mixza ChinkShit Micro SD cards

X201 is showing some age desu. I already have an SSD in it, I think I'll upgrade to a more modern mobile CPU.

Only go 144hz if you can also afford G-Sync and/or 4k

your reaction time must be higher than 300ms not to feel 144hz benefit on desktop

This piece of shit. Guess I should buy a fleshlight and attach it and write some webapp so anons across the globe can control it and jack me off.

But dude, kabylake absolutely DECIMATES ryzen xD
5% better single core performance is more important than having 8 cores and 16 threads for the same price as an Intel 4 core CPU xD dude, fuck amd hahahah

Is it better in gaymes?, if not, it's a flop ahaha

Even if the i7 6900k was $300 and not $1100, everyone would be getting a 4 core i7 for the same price instead because of the ebin artificial single core performance increase achieved by factory bumping the multiplier which is something you can do yourself in less than 2 minutes ahaha, but I don't want to do that nerd shit xD Fuck that

AMD RYZEN DOA
LOOK AT THESE BENCHMARKS OF DIFFERENT CLOCK SPEEDS
AHAHA AMD BTFO

except you never bought AMD, dumb intel shill.

so with all this talk of monitors, what should I really buy? i own a stock-clock gtx1080 with a 6700 cpu and 16gb of RAM. i don't want to waste money, so is 1440p worth it or is the real deal in 1080p 144hz?

Mate price to performance on release these were pretty good.

I got a 1440p monitor and the extra screen space is really nice for anything that isn't videogames.

Just get the 144hz 1080p monitor. 1440p is barely an upgrade, it throws off most stuff that's designed for native 1080p, and you're just going to wish you bought 4K instead.

SSD.
Not because it's bad, but because it meant living on bread and water for the rest of the month.

But oh well, I survived and now I'm reaping benefits. Sacrifices are worth it.

Why did you regret it op? I have a FX 6300 and it preforms perfectly.

I have Gsync and it's super over-hyped.
It's a minimal difference at best.
1440p is not much of an upgrade
Go 4K

Why the fuck would you buy it knowing that your 'use case' is gaming? One quick glance at it says that it'd be awful for it...

but 4k is only available in 60hz?

1440 users are near unanimous in their claim that they'll never go back to 1080

There's a 144hz 4K screen, it's expensive though.
Plus, you would need 2 titanXs to run 4K 100+ fps anyways

1440p user here
I would definitely not consider 1080p, but 4K is far better than 1440p

Looks like you got memed pretty bad.

My 2500K OCs like crap though.

wtf is my CPU-Z doing

1440p is almost double the size of 1080p, plus how often do you change your monitors and how often do you change your GPUs ? You will probably get a new GPU after 3 years, that will be able to run 1440@144, while if you would have bought 1080p monitor, you would be stuck with it for 5-10 years

mATX over full ATX is almost a direct upgrade with no negatives, while ITX has a lot less possibilities and mITX cases are usually really crammed

unfortunately the younger me fell for the dual-GPU one one PCB meme. worst fucking shit ever. you don't get twice the memory, you do get massively increased heat output, much higher power draw and the fucking microstuttering will make you want to kill yourself. good thing mine died after a year (always reached 90+ C at stock speeds), they didn't sell that piece of shit anymore so they gave me a single-core GPU instead which solved all my problems.

pic related, the piece of shit i'm talking about. save yourself from the horrors of multi-GPU gaming user, never do it.

would you, using 1080p, ever go back to 720p ?
In general why would you ever downgrade something when you get used to the newer/better thing ? It's just basic logic
Buuut, me having 1440p, I'm far from considering using a 4k monitor, as I imagine the resolution would be too high for the size of the monitor I feel comfortable with
24"1440p master race, only thing better would be higher than 60hz refresh rate, but that shit's expensive

>24" 1440p
Way too tiny. I'm using a 32" 1440p and it's perfect.

Anyway my number one meme I bought into was xfire. I had crossfire r9 290X's and IT SUCKED. Micro-stutter like you wouldn't believe. Extra heat, extra noise, extra power, extra headache. Never again. Same for SLI. Only buying the single more powerful video card possible from now on.

you were tricked by white colour?

>would you, using 1080p, ever go back to 720p ?

My secondary monitor is 720p, but I only use it for writing/browsing while watching stuff on my 1080p monitor.

I'll probably upgrade to 4K in a few years, but it's not like 720p is entirely useless.

>way too tiny
for what ?
24" is the perfect monitor size, as I don't have to move my whole damn head to see the monitor and 1440p isn't tiny on 24" by any measure

>Micro-stutter like you wouldn't believe. Extra heat, extra noise, extra power, extra headache. Never again. Same for SLI.

i know the pain seeing that FPS counter at 60 FPS but the game still feeling choppy as fuck made me rage so hard. even more so once i realized it was a hardware thing and couldn't be fixed.

but you would never consider changing your 1080p primary display for a 720p, that's what going back means
I'm all for 1080p laptop displays, fuck anything higher for non professional work is a battery draining meme I wouldn't even imagine using without scaling, but I wouldn't buy a 1080p monitor, even if 144hz over my 1440@60

>Released in 2012
>Can't compete with Sandy Bridge from the year before
>House fire
>Not a true six-core
>No upgrade path
Waste of money all around. I should've stuck with my SB i3 rig and bought a 3770K instead.

24" on 1440p just seems to small. Too many pixels on too small of a panel imo. You only have to turn your head when you're sitting too close to the screen.

In my opinion, 24" on 1440p is spot-on, if not a bit too big. 20" for 1080p and 17" for 1600x900. Anything less should be illegal.

I don't see it as too small as everything is perfectly legible while being very high DPI
>when sitting too close to the screen
How close to your 32" monitor do you sit ? For me it was always the same distance whether it was an old CRT, an old 4:3, an almost FHD 16:10 21" or the current 1440p 24", it's just that the computer desks stayed the same size, they're like 60cm across, so I've never been further than probably a meter from the screen

my 32" is about 2 feet from me and I see everything just moving my eyes around. I've come from using sub 21.5" monitors since forever, so i guess I just wanted out of that screen size bracket.

>What memes did you instantly regret after falling for them?
ITX form factor. Pain to work on, pain to cool, case buzzed incessantly (Coolermaster Elite piece of shit), later regretted that I didn't have space for more drives and cards. I threw out the case, and stuck a NIC in the mobo and used it as a router.

All this so the thing could be tinier. When an ATX midtower would have fit under my desk or behind my monitor just fine. Fucking pointless desu

I've got an fx-8320 which idles at 6-10degrees C.
Get a better cooler thab Stock, fagget

>which idles at 6-10degrees C.

Your room must be awfully cold or you have a compressor cooling since a CPU can't idle below the room temperature you fucking retard.

i do play league of legends and rocket league the same amount like modern tripple a singleplayer games which barely reach 65fps with my fury x so there's that.

the upside is that those 144hz ips panels are also tuned for low latency so it's not a real dealbreaker to go for 144hz 1440p even if you don't meet over 100fps all the time

My room temp is about 19degree C.
Posted my screen in /speccy/ several times.
Be quiet, pure Rock cooler

Your temperature readings are wrong.

If you had even high school level understanding of physics you would know that an air cooled CPU can never be below the ambient temperature.

Im sad that everybody falls for the ryzen meme, there is no way anybody could beat a multi billion chipmaker.

>1440p is almost double the size of 1080p
And even with all those extra pixels, it doesn't the look much better.
Diminishing returns I guess.

I would compare it from going from 900p to 1080p
It's a small jump

ok

Well, it's not so simple.

We have hit a clock frequency wall quite a time ago and currently the problem is that you can't really make the core any wider to gain more IPC because it would cost you clock speed.

It's not so far fetched that AMD could come within 10% Intels current IPC and because Intel wastes half the die space on iGPU in their consumer models AMD could fit 8 cores in same silicon area as Intel fits 4 cores + iGPU. Intel 8 cores are massive in comparison because they have 20MB L3 cache and quad channel memory controller.

I still expect Core i7 7700K to reign as the undisputed king of gaming CPUs but real 8c/16t consumer level CPUs will be revolutionary for productive tasks.

Does MSI have their own monitoring software?

It's pretty obvious speccy is displaying complete nonsense.

I fell for the black ice meme. My car is way too fresh now.

ok

doing light browsing and gaming via steam atm.

5C is the temperature inside of a refrigerator lel. that sensor is broken af. you're probably fine though, the pure rock is a good cooler. its probably somewhere around 25-30C idle

I was so hype when I met those guys at a trade show. it was before they had the pistol design nailed down so you had to demo HL2 with the knob thing

redpill me on Ryzen ,Sup Forums

ask again in a week

Fair enough.
It's funny though.

AMD's overclocking utility shows all the onboard sensors, use that

>Ryzen presentation and possible launch in a week
Too bad it's during one of my lectures.

My thoughts exactly, other than that retarted ecks dee

I didn't regret my FX 8350

But then again. I did buy it pretty much on release. Definitely grabbing either a 1700X or 1800X when they come out.

Well, I bought the FX 8350 in 2012, overclocked it to 4.8 GHz and it has served me faithfully ever since. It was only over time that I was able to reap the 8 core's benefits.

My desktop is now basically this:

>AMD FX 8350
>24GB RAM
>GTX 980
>AMD HD3600
>Samsung 500GB SSD (850 Pro=
>WD Black 4TB HDD

The system runs on debian, the GPU is passthroughed to a Win10 VM with 7 cores. I stream games to my macbook with steam (this is where the moar coars really come into play, no, nVidia's hardware h.264 encoder does not a good job, software encoding quality is much better) and I do homeserver stuff from the linux host system.

All in all, the CPU was worth it, even though the single core performance does suck and this admittedly did cause problems in some games (DayZ being the worst offender).
However, jewtel would never have offered this flexibility at this price point. The prices on i7 have always been insane, the motherboards (especially those with decent IOMMU groups) are outrageously expensive as well.
Basically, AMD offered at 350$ (cpu+board) what intel offered at double the price, at around 20% less real world performance.

>stock 3,3GHz
>running 4,3GHz
>"OCs like crap"

Just sandy bridge things.

Same

can someone please explain to me how this is a meme?

Arch

honestly ubuntu covered all my needs and had programs that worked

You fell hard

See Kill yourself. Why make such a big shitpost only to say what can be said in one line?
>Ryzen is better than Kaby Lake.

Nexus 5X

gfx card can't output 144 frames per second

TOP KEK

He's too stupid to remember his CPU is cranking along fine after being released in 2012.

You fell harder.

If you have a clear upgrade path on your motherboard it is always best to just replace your CPU.

No offense, but you didn't fall for any meme, just just made a potato decision.

Battery life was a joke and syncing shit through itunes was the most infuriating and time-consuming task ever.

Post your face when you realized that your sensor is broken because nigger, you can never be below room temperature on an air cooler.

Cooler is a misnomer, you see, what it does is improve heat transfer from the cpu to the ambient temperature. If you had taken a physics class you'd know this.

Your CPU really wants to equalize withe area surrounding it, basically you are just moving the heat it creates into the room.

Fell for the Thinkpad and Linux memes.

except 144hz will perform better with a 70fps game than a 70 hz monitor would.

but you knew that user.

How big is your monitor?

What SSD did you buy/when? Price/GB has dropped significantly pretty much every year

>Bulldozer
>meme

It wasn't a meme, you're just stupid :)

dual-GPU AMDs were good. The 5870x2, 6990, and so on.

I don't know why Nvidia dual GPU are so bad.

An Nvidia GPU, sold my soul for decent Linux drivers after years of dealing AMDs shit, sold that shit and just don't play 'new' games on Linux anymore, games were the biggest meme I fell for.

>die in a prescott fire, intelfag

own a fx-8350, no regrets, dirt cheap.....will get a ryzen 1700.

>guy with a 980 complaining about he negligible price difference between his shitpile meme CPU and a good Intel chip
Everything you posted is so retarded I don't know where to start. Sorry man but MOAR COREZ isn't helping you, you can just give the guest full CPU access while playing games and the Intel would have given you better performance. No amount of post purchase rationalization is going to change that reality. Sad!

>will get a 1700
AMEN BROTHER!

Not immediately but in one year, AMD FX CPU in a full ATX case.

skylake at the wrong point in time :/

>Released in 2012
And it still holds up fine today
>Can't compete with Sandy Bridge from the year before
But it has a better price to performance
>House fire
Simply untrue I over clock mine and it still doesn't over heat on stock cooler
>Not a true six-core
Sure
>No upgrade path
Sure
>Waste of money all around. I should've stuck with my SB i3 rig and bought a 3770K instead.
Yeah but that processor was like $200 more