Hackingtosh or Debian Linux?

This is for a newly built computer of mine. I've already made a Hackintosh before and know my hardware is compatible, but I'm not sure which OS to use.

I'm a backend developer and interested in whatever will give me the best software choices. Also, whichever one will support my 3440x1440 monitor best.

>TL;DR which OS should I choose.

You should chose the rope desu senpai.

Debian is not very good as a desktop distribution, macOS is the better choice of the two.
If you want to use Linux, you should go with a distribution better suited for desktop use.

elementaryOS solves all your problems in one go

Unless you have an explicit need for Debian, I don't see why you'd go through the trouble.

>Hackinsuck
>Debqueen
Chose death or pick a production ready OS like Ubuntu, Fedora, or OpenSUSE.

Hackintosh. Lunix on desktops is shit.

Why not both?

>I've already made a Hackintosh before and know my hardware is compatible
macos then, no question. *nix base with a good GUI and professional software available.

>whatever will give me the best software choices
There is pretty much nothing that runs only on Linux and not on OSX (I can only think of Valgrind off the top of my head). Meanwhile there is a LOT of stuff that is Win+OSX only.

Hackintosh. It's not even close. Linux is a fucking pain in the ass and only good for people who want to be sysadmins and want to learn Linux so they can admin servers. Linux has none of the commercial software.

MacOS is a de-facto THE OS for web development and every lib is first written & tested on a Mac. If you use nodjs, react etc... you'll have pain developing on anything but macOS.

hackintosh..

why would you even consider debian for a desktop?

if you need to test things out in linux use vagrant vm easy.

>Debian is not very good as a desktop distribution

Why not?

So far I'm leaning on MacOS again. When I say Debian Linux, I mean one of its derivatives by the way.

>Hackintosh
Enjoy getting fucked every update.

It also applies for Linux and Windows 10.

I can't speak for Windows, but I have never had total failure on a linux update in the last five or so years. Conversely, my pet hackintosh project has been savaged with increasing frequency since Mountain Lion.

Debian aims to be stable. The packages used are bug free but take a while to be checked. Thus, most stuff is not the newest.

So?

>Debian aims to be stable. The packages used are bug free but take a while to be checked. Thus, most stuff is not the newest.
debian sid/unstable, packages as new (or almost) arch shit.
i've run sid as a desktop and it has been rock solid for 6 years, without a reinstall.

Ironically I don't have any problem when doing update.