Ultrawide vs Dual monitors, which one do you prefer?

Ultrawide vs Dual monitors, which one do you prefer?

Triple, all at different resolutions
Because I can.
>Center is 1440x900
>Left is 900x1440
>right is 800x600 (system monitor)

dual ultrawide monitor

dual 2560x1440p 16:9 for less than a single 3440x1440p

If price isn't an object, 1440p Ultrawide + a 1440p 16:9 secondary monitor put vertically.

I went with ultrawide. It's a lot more expensive, but I really prefer it without the bezel

do they make huge square monitors?

yeah

1920x1920 for $1300+

damn thats expensive
cool as fuck though

I like having three monitors. I'd like 2 standard and one ultawide if i had a big L desk

Are ultrawide curved monitors a meme? According to reviews it supposedly does make sense for a monitor to have this curve.

Ultrawide + second 16:9 is GOAT

>16:9
>not 16:10
wew

I'm currently using 2x24" 16:10 displays at work. Too much head turning. At home I used to use a single 23" 16:9 with two 4:3 19" monitors on the sides. I think I'm going to go back to this, it's the comfiest.

Dual 16:10's because the versatility is GOAT.
Portrait 16:9 doesn't always render websites correctly, but 16:10 has always been fine.

Part of me wants to stack another landscape monitor up top dedicated to music / chat / diagnostics / other.

10:16 is a rather comfy aspect ratio for coding and shitposting on Sup Forums

16:9 portrait almost ALWAYS works now for websites, at least websites designed in the last 5-10 years many android phone are FHD or WQHD 16:9 panels in portrait.

Why is your second monitor upside down?

i'm alright with a single monitor and multiple workspaces

I considered an ultra wide but just the thought of cropping on some games and stuff triggers my autism.

32" 1440p 16:9 + 24" 16:10 in portrait.
Replaced a triple monitor (same 24" 16:10 in landscape + 2x 20" 4:3 in portrait) setup.

Thought I'd hate 16:9, but I guess since my PPI is the same and I just have more screen real estate on the main screen it doesn't bother me at all.

Different ideas mate.
I'm not gonna switch desktops just to quickly glance at something that could be on another display.

Maybe if you've got terrible vision that'd be ok.

I wish I had more desk space. I would get some type of vesa mount or something for a extra cheap monitor that I have. Two monitors and one in portrait would he nice. Maybe I could put that monitor above my dual ones.

Why did 30" 16:10 2560x1600 monitors die an early death?

It can be annoying, but to be honest when the games do support it, or a video is the right ratio (not actually uncommon) it's pretty god damned sweet.

Also, the fact that I have 1 monitor that can effectively act as 2 soothes my autism. Much cleaner.

Dell has a 2017 30" 2560x1600p monitor, but it's only sold to enterprise/business/education customers in the US i believe.

Oh shit. Might have to jump on those if I can find them in surplus in a few years. I've been running ZR30Ws for a while. I can't go back to 16:9.

this is the only correct answer

neither because they are memes

now that even windows has virtual desktops there is no point to dual monitors

Nah, the symmetry line on the bezel would kill me. I'd have to go with 34" 1440p ultrawide flanked by 2 29" 2560x1440.

Virtual desktops is ass.

Can't wait for 8k HMDs for a VR desktop.

dual monitors made sense with 4:3 ration. now they are pointless and just edick waving

neither
>27" 16:9 1440p middle, 24" 1080p 16:9 left, 19" 1024p 4:3 portrait mode right
left side for movies/Netflix, middle for games, right for FB/Whatsapp

An ultrawide is virtually just a really nice dual 4:3 setup...

>upside down

pff, one ultrawide in portrait mode

My job gave me 3 ultra wide monitors.
It looks fucking terrible. They bought a monstrosity that holds them in a row but my desk only fits them so only one sits directly in front of me.
But I can shitpost without moving windows anywhere with no worry about screen real estate

Long story short, both is best

900x1440 is portrait mode, dingus.

Dual, easier to have fullscreen programs in one of them and keep multitasking

Ultrawide, high res 5:4 monitors are too expensive.

You mean "ultrashort".

xD

16:9 = underage gamer or poor
16:10 = grown-up professional

>Same amount of pixels

Unless you need to wear glasses on browse it from 15 meters away this is a meme non-argument used by tech illiterate retards like you.

Even mid-peripheral vision is mostly circular.
1:1 is the most rational aspect ratio.

1:1 > 5:4 > 4:3 > 8:5 > 16:9 > ultrashort

Replacing right Monitor with an Ultrawide (29 inch)

Yay or nay. (Mainly for movies and shit)

My man

this was the post that made me realize this board will always be shit.

"Ultrashort," as you've so retardedly named it, is quite close to having dual 5:4 monitors.

He's not wrong though.

dunno, need a replacement for my 305t plus with a oven reflowed scaler.

>27"
>34" UW
>27" 1440

I'm gonna upgrade the 27" 1440p screen to an UW later this year.