Typing speed should be the new IQ score

Typing speed should be the new IQ score

discuss

It's been confirmed, I have a low IQ.

>theres an idiot on Sup Forums
this changes everything

So it's now a useless number that only retards care about. Sounds good to me.

Women are good at typing..

>Missing fingers means lower IQ
amazing

>tfw I broke my arm and touch typing causes me physical pain.

I type with only my right hand and my left index/middle finger

>serious injury can lower your mental capacity
amazing

>tfw 80 iq
>tfw type 40 wpm

>tfw Steven Hawkings is the dumbest Person on the Planet

Fine with me since my WPM is like 140~ avg.

What is the purpose of typing incredibly fucking fast?

I work with computers for a living and have a moderate type speed, fast enough that I never have to "wait" for myself. How can you compose so much text in your head and write it out at 200wpm and not have it be total dogshit?

I don't believe there are people who solve problems at their maximum typing speed. So whats the benefit?

Being able to archive physical documents and record people talking.

120+
I'm okay with this
[Spoiler]I type with 4 fingers [/spoiler]

I used to think I was smart, but over the years I'm realizing everyone is caught up or surpassed my own. Wut do?

So two tasks that are completely solved with automated systems now?

don't you nerds have anything better to do than buy expensive keyboards and argue over who has the highest(ultimately mediocre) wpm?

Mechanical keyboards make you type slower for those that were wondering

>tfw all people say I am clever
>don't know my iQ yet
>afraid to do a test and get a low iQ out of it

You were never smart. Just a self absorbed asshole.

Everyone is self absorbed, shut the fuck up.

I'm in the same boat user, it sucks.

I scored 140 on an IQ test when I was a kid and I used to do so well in school, got good SAT scores too. But then I stopped applying myself and over this past decade I feel like I've just stagnated and learned/done absolutely nothing of value.

I feel like a retard when I do online work/learning now compared to other people.
I think my brain has literally decayed from years of degeneracy, I'm too scared to take an IQ test now I bet it will be like 30 points lower

It's okay, the stupider you feel, the more cured you're becoming.

What are some legitimate IQ tests? I need something to make me feel good about myself. Are tech enthusiasts generally smarter than the rest of the population? My gf's friends are all have tech related jobs, but are fat pretentious assholes. They work tech support for a law firm.

You don't try to type fast. You just type so often that it becomes fast. Very fast.

Stupider isn't even a fucking word. Why are you still making me feel bad about myself?

I'm just yanking your chain, brotel. Maybe you're too soft for 4chins.

>typing loads of trash
>same thing as typing less, clean and smarter code

lol ok

>IQ score
>intelligence quotient score
re

did i gos dosa undsifpaifbnidsa iouwesdiouf nasduif nsadiuof bnsaduiobsadiuf bsiduafb sdf biousd oi usdfiosdn sadiof eadsfio usdio ufshuszdiou fsd hifvsiduoafio sdao biadsfijogfsniodfgijsdfijakcv dfo csad ifosadoif sadui hsdui sduoi ohasd fiouydsfobids bdso if oidso uidas OIf oia fg

Am I smart yet?

I suppose typing speed does correlate to autism.

when you can type really fast without looking at the keys, and a normie is shocked and wowed by this

>135 iq
>still use two hands to move mouse

I propose that typing speed is inversely proportional to number of sexual partners.

>120 iq
>120 wpm
hm

As in "people who consider typing speed an equivalent IQ can be considered fucking retards"?
Sounds good to me

>type 150 WPM
>literally retarded, IQ is probably half that
I'd welcome the new benchmark desu lads

>I can type faster than Einstein therefore I am smarter than Einstein
No.

>IQ
>meaningless or loosely correlated to a narrow set of specific skills
>only spergs brag with it

Seems about right.

The new pointless number people argue about to feel a sense of superiority when they lack actual achievement in life?

Nah, it's a reference of assimilation of application without any reference to content. Talent is the distance between intention and execution

Only if the tests involve keyboards with random key placement. If you can't adapt to it within 10 minutes, you're literary retarded.

Same test could be done by replacing all letters with various symbols and ask people to type a large sequence.

>2017 in the year of our lord
>still care about IQ
>still care about typing speed
time for the noose senpai

Switch to dvorak right handed

>What are some legitimate IQ tests?

Just find something that is MENSA approved.

Clever people don't have a complex about being clever, right?

>at top speed have typed 130~ wpm before
>110-130 iq from tests
>still dumb/retarded

120 wpm average, 98% accuracy

Stupider is a word you mong.

It is a comparitive form of stupid. Either stuider or more stupid is grammatically correct because the base word stupid is two syllables. Lern 2 english fag.

Typing is for n00bs.

iDOLM@STER is where it's at!

that means dawkins is stupid :) try next time kid.

i avg 90-100 wpm and can break 120 sometimes while using only my index fingers.

>change countries
>IQ drops

Really has ones neurotransmitters secrete.

Do you guys reccomend a specific website on how to learn typing?

back in the old starcraft brood war battle.net days was when my typing speed peaked and it's still respectably fast to this day.

But then office drones would be the most intelligent people.

Forgot to cut your nail, IQ drop. seem legit

>have iq of 152
>type 34wpm due to bad motor skills
kill me

So, Stallman confirmed for full retard

Yea sure I regularly hit 90-100 wpm

>I feel like a retard when I do online work/learning now compared to other people
Your problem is comparing yourself to other people in the computer science or programming fields.

What you need to do is compare yourself to the general population and realize that there's 7.1 billion people on earth and at least 6.8 billion of them are naive, superstitious, borderline illiterate, short-sighted fuck sticks.

Strike up a conversation with somebody in a waiting room or on a bus.

At disgusting accuracy you mean? Automated systems can't always pick up vernacular just one form of how something should be said