Yes

This.
OP's life is a meme, one that it's not even very funny

ask again when you've installed gentoo

>Low bandwidth
>Limited batteries
>Cost more for worse performance
Give me one (1) reason to use wireless headphones

Phones will just drop it and it'll become harder and harder to buy new high end phones with 3.5mm port.

e.g. iPhone 7

>Can't give a good reason
>B-b-but muh flegshop appol clones

What part of one (1) is hard

Exactly. Gotta stay current. That's why I installed Windows 10. Sure, I may hate my computer daily now and yearn for the sweet release of death, but it is better than losing support on Windows 7. Support is always important. If you aren't being supported by some company by Microsoft, you aren't being loved :(

So the cool kids at school will think I'm cool too

>Apple starts pushing Retina displays
>Sup Forums claims high resolution is a meme
Now look at the state of things. The same thing is happening with USB-C. Yeah, Apple isn't perfect, but they are the main drive force behind innovation in the consumer tech market. I'm looking forward to most headphones being wireless in 2025, and if that doesn't happen, it's not like I've lost anything personally. You guys are all so stupid with your fanboyism and post-purchase rationalization.

Just learn to enjoy things for what they are and use what's best for you instead of creating some shitty personal identity around consumer electronics. Fuck.

Yeah like Thunderbolt or Firewire, right? Not everything Apple pushes is a success, you just don't remember their failures because they fail quietly

What is your point? Yeah, FireWire sucked. So what? I don't care. Thunderbolt seems to work well from what I've seen. But these things don't affect me whatsoever. Unlike many of you, my self worth isn't contingent upon the success of some random company's commercial product.

Although your main point is correct, HiDPI (high resolution) IS a meme on everything not apple. Nothing does HiDPI as well as Apple, yet there are so many companies pushing for it. At least it isn't commonplace... I would rather take 1366x768 as a resolution than an "HiDPI" one anyway.

>Muh PS/2
>Muh FireWire
>Muh mini USB
>Muh physical keyboard on mobile device
>Muh PCI
>Muh micro USB

It'll become easier to buy high end wireless headphones amp than a high end phone with 3.5mm port (it's aready hard to find a phone with quality DAC).

>Retina display
>Using that fucking buzzword
Found the crapple shill.

>Projecting this hard
Literally nobody mentioned being personally upset until you charged into the thread and brought your insecurity with you. I dislike current gen wireless headphones from a technical point of view and asked if you could give one technical reason they are superior to traditional sets.

>Muh strawman argument
>Muh slippery slope
You own an iPhone and feel the need to rationalize the fact you either have inferior hardware or an ugly dongle.

O N E ( 1 )
N
E
(
)

Wires are messy

Sort of. I wish we could switch to USB C for audio, but it'll be a long time until that happens. USB C supports analog output, so you could make analog USB C headphones with no built in DAC, and it supports digital audio output, so headphone manufacturers can include their own DACs in their headphones. The main advantage this has is that high end headphones can have better DACs that what's in most smartphones.

I'm not an audiophile though, the reason I want to switch to USB C for audio is that some phones could come with two USB C ports, one for charging and one for audio. Or one for charging and one for any other USB C peripheral. Or you could use both for audio for whatever reason.

Actually Motorola released a phone without a headphone jack a few months before the iPhone 7. And years before the that, the G1 didn't have a headphone jack either.

>not just having dual USB-C

anything else is just for posers

Just trying to illustrate how very useful interfaces with relatively long history have been abandoned for (at time) inferior solution.

In fact my only Apple device is iPad 2 and I hate that this is happening.

Many people just don't care about 3.5mm and the high end audio people already use mobile amps if they really have quality headphones.

Innovation shouldn't be confused with nickel-and-diming people for a million dongles.

Adopting USB as a universal standard is innovation.

Creating a million specialized devices for the sole purpose of locking the ecosystem further and generating extra profit for the vendor is not innovation.

But none of those were fully abandoned until superior solutions existed. Hell, PS/2 and PCI appeared on motherboards up until a few years ago.

>I don't care
You don't say

>Literally nobody mentioned
And...?
>projection meme
I don't think you're intelligent enough to have this discussion

>high end
>wireless headphones

Gets caught and is tryin sooo hard.
WEAK

>implying cellphones are the only devices that uses headphones
you are retard, apel dropped the 3.5mm port just because they wanna milk the apeltards selling his overpriced headphones, there is no reason to drop the 3.5mm specially when you have blutooth

Maybe, maybe not.

But one thing is certain, its not worth having to use android just to have one.

I forgot my dongle
wat do

You fucking pathetic braindead dogfucking feces-eating homo nigger gaylord. Are you a fucking meme and a mistake? Yes you are. Just do the world a favor and kys already.

They dropped the headphone jack because they're trying to drill down potential points of failure on iPhones as far as possible.

Consider the elimination of the 3.5mm jack, the waterproofing, the emulated touch button, even the butterfly switches and fanless cooling systems on some of the newer Macs. It's all designed to create a product that never quits.

And here's why they're doing that in the case of the iPhone. Consider the iPhone Upgrade Program: you buy an iPhone on a payment plan, and then, after 12 months, you can trade it in, discharge the rest of the loan, and pay on a new iPhone instead. Apple (here's the important part) then takes the phone and *resells it*. They want you to have *working* iPhones, because broken iPhones generate warranty claims (which cost Apple money) and e-waste (disposal of which costs Apple money).

Apple's not eliminating the headphone jack to sell you headphones. They gave you compatible headphones *and* a dongle in the box for no extra charge, and they don't derive licensing fees from Bluetooth. They're double-dipping.

I'm not saying this is a great thing, or that we should be happy about it. I'm just saying that people don't think it be like it is, but it do.

t. Tim Cook

Usb-c is good though

no, audio latency make videos unwatchable with bluetooth

In a perfect world the host would meter wireless audio latency and compensate video timing.

yeah, just like they dropped the underfill for the touch controller on the 6/6s. Removing things isn't always a good thing Tim Cock

>headphone jack

>drill down

Heh

Can you form a normal sentence without retarded Sup Forums language you degenerate spastic?

Having common, universally used ports is a meme
Apple should have invested in wireless USB, too

What if you're playing a game?

>TFW usb c + headphone jack master race

Your argument makes a lot of sense. They also like to make cheap or "old" devices unusable by not letting them update to new software (e.g. first ipad, ipod touch 4, certain Mac Pros...)

>
>>Muh PS/2
The advantage over USB was neglectable for mouse/keyboard and it made sense to replace it with a universal port.
>>Muh FireWire
Better alternatives appeared.
>>Muh mini USB
>>Muh physical keyboard on mobile device
This still exists, most phones dropped it to have a bigger screen.
>>Muh PCI
>>Muh micro USB
>It'll become easier to buy high end wireless headphones amp than a high end phone with 3.5mm port (it's aready hard to find a phone with quality DAC).
This isn't a quality of wireless over wired, it's just a trend prediction.

As you can see above, every single one of your ignorant examples was either due to objectively better alternatives or to a compromise where you gained something. Wireless is neither objectively better to transfer data nor is it due to a compromise.

No one is complaining about usb-c, user. Do you live in some strange reality where, by using one port you have to take out the other.

>Apple should have invested in wireless USB, too
You mean Bluetooth ?

Braveness

You're a meme.

you dumb cuck, you think ios 10 could run on first ipad or ipod touch 4?
it would be absulutely unusable

Apple showing ugly adapters on stage is the real meme.

Don't know why everyone is upset. I look forward to a day when there are no ports on my phone. Wireless for sound. Wireless charging and magnetic contacts for quick charging. Sealed speakers and mic. I want it to be a slab.

The notion that there is one port to do it all.*
Is the real meme.

* With adapter sold separately.

Ports are a meme. I can't wait until Apple removes the lighhtning port and add wireless charging.

as much as removable batteries are a meme
they aren't

>No one is complaining about usb-c, user. Do you live in some strange reality where, by using one port you have to take out the other.
>We should keep all ports ever made for the sake of backward compatibility
no

It's wireles. That's the reason, you dumbass.

t. Cook cuck

why not keep the headphone jack and make it possible to use wireless headphones and let the users choose what is best for them
its literally the best option

Had a friend tell me today that he needs to get the wireless earbuds because he can't charge his phone and listen to music at the same time. I laughed. How could someone just bend over and take it like that?

>I wish we could switch to USB C for audio
Bigger physical port.
Worse quality
Shitty SUB communication stack.

WOW.

>e.g. iPhone 7
No one uses this.
Its literally for retards, fanboys and clueless grannies.
Even the hard line macfags are screaming about this ass raping.
Mac fags are getting ass raped.
This is why we make the homosexuality jokes.

It is one of the oldest standards in circulation today, and survived for a reason: it's simply the best design possible for the particular task.

>it's simple
>it's robust
>it stays firmly in place when connected
>it can swivel

Can USB-C do all of this?

you dont need dongles to use a mac

Sorry, but no one loves you.

kek

Fuck off back to whatever pseudointellectual shithole you came from

Captcha: asparagus
Even fucking captcha is close to guessing your condition

Fuck off back to whatever pseudointellectual shithole you came from

Captcha: asparagus
Even fucking captcha is close to guessing your condition

>Agile teacher using Mac and not being able to hook up a beamer
Checks out.

You forgot one
The jack connector is omni directional.
There is no up, down, angle so you an insert it instantly VS USB-C only working in a up or down orientation.

PS: This is my captcha photo. I think its ironically appropriate.