$469 US DOLLARS
$469 US DOLLARS
$469 US DOLLARS

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/technology/apple-iphone-headphone-jack-history-1.3755120
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sup Forums - Consumer Garbage

fucking loved c&c

so is this better then the $100 dac/amp i can buy on ebay, or is it audiophile tax like the $5,000 ethernet cable?

FOR KAINE!

It's still USB interface, most of the price is an idiot tax

>interface
is a big word for that thing since it's shit-tier creative drivers, no asio at all and all that crystalizer software bullshit to turn off instead of clean neutral audio

it's a glorified volume knob.

The worst thing about audiophiles is that so many of them are in their 40's and 50's. Their hair cells have degenerated so much by then that they can't even appreciate the slightly better audio quality (if it even exists).

I have one, but only because I need it to drive reference speakers for sound editing. It was also the cheapest option. The drivers are a mess.

Anyone buying this just for games is retarded.

You guys are ignorant uneducated retards. But yes. Soundblaster is sadly shit.

>It was also the cheapest option.
literally any scarlet focusrite interface is cheaper

anyone buying this to use it for professional audio work is retarded

At least it's not FUCKING RAZER.

You know you have quality cables when they can be mistaken for a garden hose.

all the cool kids use blutooth now

3.5mm is for scrubs grandpa

typical iphone user

Good thing it has an AptX bluetooth transciever built in!

looks like a fucking dildo on the table on the thumbnail.

Got it for 500$ with the E-MU speakers which are pretty good.

Not a bad deal, and the hardware isn't bad, really. Headphone amp is basically transparent, and it can drives speakers that are good enough for my requirements for speakers.

At least it goes great with one of those triangle cases.

I have not noticed a quantifiable improvement in sound quality since soundblaster 16

>thank god for onboard audio because "good enough"
>SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5

lol all the cool kids fall for planned obsolesce and batty life while stranded copper cables keep working after 20 years.

cbc.ca/news/technology/apple-iphone-headphone-jack-history-1.3755120

aptx looks interesting, not a soundfag and learning something

So you agree it's still shit? Good.

i bought a jdslabs element amp/dac for a little over ~$300. cannot hear the difference but it is more susceptible to electrical interference (that i CAN hear) than any device i've owned in the past 10 years (cannot be within 3 feet of my wifi adapter or my phone). terrible purchase; i did contact support and they said it was normal.

That's probably why this shit sells. The old saps are so concerned with losing their full range of hearing that they fall for this snake oil shit out of denial, like dumbasses who buy testosterone boosters and libido pills

Growing old sucks

>tfw no loaded asian muslim audiophile dad

You're just jealous of their sick setups user

>tfw golden ear

You'll just never understand.

That's a stupid thing to say even if you are right about them being older males for the most part and many probably aren't that good in listening and have lost part of their hearing in the upper frequency range. The critical audio band is is not in the high treble and its importance is relatively small on the sound quality as we perceive it. Having nominal hearing doesn't mean you have a golden ear, know how to listen or can appreciate high fidelity better.

While I do like high quality audio gear within reason, I agree that knowing about music will increase your appreciation for it.
Often friends of mine who are musicians will say stuff like "this song has x wrong with it" but I need it explained like a retard. Knowing how instruments are supposed to sound and played will of course mean you can objectively judge what you know to sound "right", instead of just sound "good".

Going back to the topic at hand, you rarely need a DAC/amp that's more than $300 at most, unless your setup has special power requirements or unusual connectivity.
Conversion to analog is simply not as complex a science as people (snake oil salesmen) make it out to be; as long as the DAC chip is sufficiently good and the supporting electronics are capable of maximizing its inherent performance, nothing else is required.
The amp portion is also relatively basic in principle, allowing you to raise gain without adding noise, and as long as you can do that nothing else is needed. Tube amps are a scam, by the way, the supposed distortion they add can only occur at the signal level of the amp itself, which in a properly designed amp is supposed to be far below audible levels, otherwise it would contradict the purpose of the amp.

I cannot stop thinking "you slut" every time I see the 6.35mm jack.
You broke me.

It's a big hole...

4u