Question

How does Spain reconcile its traditions and Catholic past, and their love for homosexuals? According to research Spain is literally the most accepting towards gays on Earth.

Other urls found in this thread:

advocate.com/world/2015/08/31/study-one-third-israelis-are-bisexual
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stereotypes, how do they work? They don't, just like spaniards.

Biblical rejection of homosexuality isn't as clear-cut as you might think it is, if you discount some Paul's letters

And Spain isn't a theocracy. It's actually quite secular since Franco's death.

Even if it was we don't have a problem with eating shrimp or mixing meat and milk in our food

they live in places for gays like Chueca or Sitges so it's not a problem for the citizens

That sentence does not make sense. How can they "not work"?

He was making a clever joke about how stereotypes are not always true, whilst simultaneously saying that Spaniards do not work because of the unemployment problem.

>Biblical rejection of homosexuality isn't as clear-cut as you might think it is, if you discount some Paul's letters
Perhaps, but the Church is still extremely buttblasted about gays. It doesn't matter what the bible says, what matters is what they do. Actions speak more than words and all that. And according to the Pope, the priests gays shouldn't have equal rights, hence their message is inherently toxic.
Quite ironic for an organization that prides on itself for being nonjudgemental - as only God is allowed to do that.

We don't really care about either gays or catholicism.

>We don't really care about either gays or catholicism.
this xd

True, Catholicism is also built on tradition, not just on scripture.

Pope Francis is pretty progressive and non-judgemental, so there's some perspective of a change.

After the fall of Franco's regime, Spaniards became ultra-Anti-Catholic, as a revenge

Most young Spaniards, except in Andalusian region, are anti-Catholic atheists

It's not ironic because they claim to be non-judgemental. It's ironic because they're a race of pedobears disguised as humans to ruin the value of boipucci.

Lmao sure lad.

>Spain is fags

Truly breaking news

el marrANO seniorias

>Pope Francis is pretty progressive and non-judgemental
Nah. He's still against gay rights.
In a way, it's good when you think about it. If the Catholic church just turned into this progressive gay loving organization, more people would keep believing the bullshit they say, because "muh acceptance" but the longer they're allowed to trashtalk gays and such, the more and more retarded they sound, ultimately alienating people and ushering in a new atheist age.

I lol'd

You do realize over 30% of isrealis are bisexuals right? That's not even including the gays, so let's add +5% to that number. I don't think you're in a position to criticise others.
advocate.com/world/2015/08/31/study-one-third-israelis-are-bisexual

who the fuck cares about who you fuck dude

take care of yourself and let others take care of themselves

>How does Spain reconcile its traditions and Catholic past, and their love for homosexuals?

Intelligence.

Traditions is where you come from, not where you're going.
Opennes and acceptance is the nice and good path that Spain has decided to take.

Knowing that where you come from is not where you're headed is just... Intelligence.

Why don't you and your country and your people die and disappear for once and for all?
Fucking jews man.

>>Pope Francis is pretty progressive and non-judgemental
>Nah. He's still against gay rights.

Pope Francis plays all nice and christian but I've seen very few real world decisions, just nice words.

It's time for popes to do something real, like excommunicating mafia-related people and warmongers.

t. ahmed al abeb

t. a kike

Still better than being a jew

I disagree

Even though Western societies are becoming increasingly secular, there alwill always be people that want religion and I think it would be better if it wasn't a stronghold of reaction

>hence their message is inherently toxic.
Not your morally relativistic belief that sodomy is the legitimate equivalent of sexual reproduction. No, they're the toxic ones.

It never ceases to amaze me how heavily indoctrinated ideologues like this retarded Hungarian fuck, think they're the rational ones.

>the longer they're allowed to trashtalk gays and such, the more and more retarded they sound, ultimately alienating people and ushering in a new atheist age.
Is this you?

The real question is why isn't the whole world is not like Spain in that respect? Is it hard to just not give a fuck about other people's affaits?

>It's time for popes to do something real, like excommunicating mafia-related people and warmongers.
That's actually a pretty neat idea. I remember some something about trash overflowing in Italy.
I doubt it'd do anything though. Excommunicating them I mean. Italians hate the Mafia no? It's not like the church could make them be hated even more.

>Even though Western societies are becoming increasingly secular, there alwill always be people that want religion
Yeah. It's human nature.
>I think it would be better if it wasn't a stronghold of reaction
What?

Church is strongly against contraception which has devastating effects in Africa. Things like that