3. Can it be used as a stable OS?

>yes, if not more
>yes
>yes

Just install Manjaro

because it doesn't run photoshop good at all
also no overwatch and my gayming stuff
also it's trash

Might use that instead of Kubuntu then on my laptop then. Had some issues with samba shares that I didn't have with non KDE DE, hope that is fixed.

Kubuntu is on suicidewatch.

Shame it still doesn't have filepicker thumbnails.

This thread is clearly for people who use Linux and don't need any of that stuff.

I use kde neon on my laptop. It's great

Kubuntu is buggy trash. Kde neon is much better

But I do! Best KDE experience ootb

I agree!

Is spotify streaming through the music player?

Because it only loses in inconsistency and bad design to windows. Just look at those fonts and that huge 8:00AM, shit's obviously off.

Yes.

because it's based on ubuntu, therefore it's trash.

Because I prefer non-rolling release distros and don't like KDE. Ubuntu Budgie is where it's at.

Does it have patched firefox?

It was broken as all hell when I installed it.

It is a non rolling release you dip, and if you're gonna use Budgie then use Solus. How retarded are you?

go away kevin

>everything someone says is wrong
>you actually believe their sincerity
>they're the retard

KDE Neon keeps the KDE software up to date, so I'm calling it a rolling release because it's basically half way there.

Also I don't like eopkg so I use Ubuntu as a base for Budgie, so no, I'd rather not use Solus.

>I'm backpedaling because I was wrong so I will try to make him the wrong one here
>snickers nefariously

Come on bud

When you use KDE, you want it up to date, that's why Kubuntu is such a heaping pile of shit. And Budgie is a better experience on Solus.

But is non-KDE software up to date as well?

I seem to remember (years ago) when KDE 4~ was having such terrible lag and crashes that using previous versions was recommended if you were someone who couldn't live without KDE. That's probably part of the reason I stay away from it now.

Also I used Solus as my daily driver for a couple weeks and while I agree Budgie is somewhat of a better experience on Solus, I really don't like eopkg. Just not my cup of tea.

If I weren't using Budgie I'd probably be using xfce. That's some good shit right there.

No, it's based on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 as of now. KDE and the Qt stuff has it's own custom repo.

No.

Is it better than antergos

No what

KDE Neon is literally kubuntu with up to date KDE packages straight from the KDE project. The first releases of KDE Neon were literally just a set of instructions on how to add the repo to kubuntu.

would it be better than my lubuntu setup? its a notebook, so low power consumption is a must

What's the difference between User LTS Edition and User Edition?

Nope, still SMB issues with KDE. Documents, pictures work fine but video won't play. Have to enter user/pass/domain in VLC, after I already set it up in dolphin, for it to work. Other videoplayers with less advanced options just don't work.
Found bugreports of people complaining in 2011 about this.

Is it a better KDE experience than openSUSE?

Cause its a shit distro and isnt supported by anyone.

Because I tried a kde neon and a sabayon kde live usb, and checked for the newer packages in the repos. Sabayon had newer and also ran snappier in a qemu vm. So i installed it and it ran snappy as fuck.

fpbp

gnome works well enough for me

Because my name isn't Kevin

haven't used opensuse in a long time, so I can't really compare them, but neon is a decent kde install.
It benifits from being ubuntu based (we use ubuntu at work as well, so I don't mind using it at home as well)

>mfw nobody cares about the kevin meme anymore

/thread

Because KDE is for ugly people.

Hi Kevin,

How's Solus?

It's stable now?
i used it but it was too glitchy.

Install solus