>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00A378L10/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7T3Q2A/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
aliexpress.com/item/Bamboo-Wired-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Standard-Teclado-Mecanico-Computador-Gamer-Mekanik-Klavye-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Tastiera/32708001128.html
netway.com.es/comprar/productos/gaming/teclados-gaming/teclado-mecanico-gaming-netway-titan-plus.aspx
marco.org/2013/08/30/sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard-review
aliexpress.com/store/product/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps/2230037_32694867686.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that delete button should be at the top

Why? It's pretty much on the same place as it is on a more standard layout.

cause it's easier to hit up there instead of that whatever key that nobody ever uses for anything

First for rubber dome keyboards

You can just change it then. The TADA68 is fully programmable.

My first Mechanical keyboard arrived today. After advice on here I picked up a Magicforce backlit. Gotta say, I'm very happy with it!

I find it easier to use in that position, with print screen in the upper right. Feels the most natural.

>AW11
Nice.

Which switches did you get?

TOPRE
O
P
R
E

Blue, I wanted some clicky action.

Sold a pok3r with clears and bought a minila with blacks.

Did I fuck up?

>Trying to drill proper typing form into my head
>30 WPM

You have to walk before you run.

Previously you were running like a spastic

Yeah. I've been typing with my jank typing style for so long. Trying to make an effort to fix it.

I remember having to use proper typing form in middle school computer classes but somewhere along the line I just stopped using it.

Should I get an hhkb or is it just a weeb meme?

Pic rela is the only mechanical I've ever used

you seem to surround yourself by memes so it'll be right up your alley

literally everything you own and is showing on this picture is a meme
so yea, it's perfect for you

I agree, except for the hd202s, I had a pair and they were very decent for the money.

Ey can I change this ps2 cable out for a USB cable if its connected to the keyboard controller PCB via mini din?

Well if you need an active adapter to get it to work with USB then no. If a passive adapter works then yes

>mini din

mini molex I mean

>Budget
100-150
>Location (continent at least)
Us amazon only (dont ask)
>Preferred switch type
Cherry or gateron reds
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
Tenkeyless or smaller
>Backlight
None
>Previous/current keyboards
Gaymen shit

Looking for a smaller keyboard that is easy to get new keycaps for

Magicforce is like 60 bucks with cherry switches. The Kailh one is 40 bucks I think

My CM Quickfire Ultimate is shitting the bed, not being recognized by the computer, and the cable has gone to shit because of a stupid 90 degree angle where the board connects to the mini USB (great design). I contacted customer service 3 times with no response, so fuck them.

- ~$100 USD
- USA
- Don't care, the CM has cherry browns which I liked because they aren't so damn loud
- ANSI
- TKL
- Backlight, don't need RGB
- Only ever had this amazon.com/gp/product/B00A378L10/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ducky One TKL?

MK1 was my first car in 1993! Great little car, fantastic memories, what color is yours?

One time while I was starting to work on changing the head gasket, I laid a wrench across the battery tie down and positive terminal, and every wire in the main wire harness simultaneously burst into flame throughout the engine bay. After much wailing and frantic pacing I attempted to remove the wrench only to find that it red hot, having welded itself to the battery tie down. It took the leverage of a broomstick to snap the wrench free, and 15 minutes with a fire extinguisher chasing a series of spontaneously re-igniting fires before it was over. The majority of the wire harness survived, and I now have a deep fear of high amperage electricity.

Still love that car.

Filco MJ2 TKL NKRO if you want to top out your price range. Ducky One is on there too.

GH60 no contest

I was looking at those ThinkVisions before.
IIRC you can't mount these on a different stand since this shitty stand is part of the display. Can you confirm?

How does that massdrop site work?
Like are these projects from anons or from companies? Are they all limited edition stuff?

Company makes too much shit
Wants to get rid of it quick
Or
user wants cheap shit
Company agrees if it can sell this much shit they'll price it for cheap
Or
Company wants to promote a new product
Jack the price up by 50 bucks then put at as a 50 bucks off deal
Forgot your taobao page exists and get called out for deceptive pricing
Or
Company makes niche products
Doesn't want to commit production until they know it can sell x amount
Or
user makes a special snowflake design
Contacts company to make it
They say okay, but only if you can sell x amount
If user wants to run it again then he can, or he could make it a limited set never to be seen again

Perfect for audiophile and memechanical autists then

>Are they all limited edition stuff?
Not everything. Stuff from vendors like all the chink boards usually return every other month. If you are talking about keycaps then almost everything from GMK and SP is limited run stuff.

perfect would be to have all custom designs be fully free assets + software and have companies adopt it or just let it be a diy thing.
see the ergodox and GH60 which can both be bought assembled outside of massdrop from companies or built by anyone that can afford the parts.

In terms of keyboards / keycaps at least, they're like a middle man / group-buy host.

When you have 1000+ orders for your custom keyset design, it can be too large a task for the designer(s) to handle all those orders and shipping etc. So Massdrop handles it for them, liaising with the manufacturers, working out a pricing structure, advertising and listing the product, taking orders and money, receiving the products, sorting, packing and distributing.

Generally, it's a good business model especially for large orders. Errors do occur but for the most part they're okay.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7T3Q2A/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Thinking of getting this board and then a set of chink caps, is this board good? And will a standard set of keycaps fit on this?

Is 140$ worth it for a white non rgb pok3r with shipping for a first board, or should I go with the anne pro.
I need a small 60% board for a Linux laptop

Wasn't long I was in the same boat as you user, drill typeracer and you'll be typing like a normal person in no time.

That seems a bit expensive considering the Anne is $80. I'd go for it instead of the Pok3r, mainly because it's cheaper and I like meme RGB LEDs, plus it has bluetooth.

What is the best mechanical keyboard for 50€ Gateron or Oukitemu?

Gaterons are usually seen as the best Cherry MX clone.

Is this real mechanical keyboard? It doesn't say anything about it's switches
aliexpress.com/item/Bamboo-Wired-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Standard-Teclado-Mecanico-Computador-Gamer-Mekanik-Klavye-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Tastiera/32708001128.html

Just ordered this one on amazon with cherry reds. How bad did I fuck up /mkg/?

Is this 30€ "mechanical" keybord decent as an upgrade from a cherry semi mechanical kb from 1990?
netway.com.es/comprar/productos/gaming/teclados-gaming/teclado-mecanico-gaming-netway-titan-plus.aspx

How can mechanical keyboards even compete with this in terms of comfort and ergos?!?!?

uhh

>can't even move each side for natural hand positions

That looks retarded and my wrists ache just from looking at that disgusting contraption.

Meh, never had the need to move them apart. The angle on Sculpt is perfect.

You did gud.

god what a fucking abomination, i remember seeing that shit in best buy.

would probably fuck up your wpm too

You couldn't be more wrong.

marco.org/2013/08/30/sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard-review

I doubt it. Those keycaps are too low profile.

>perfect.
maybe for u, but i doubt it, adjust-ability, thumb clusters and programmability blow your garbage dust collector out of the water.

This has probably been asked a lot of times, but is buying key caps from China a good idea?
Anyone got some recommendations?

I know I'm cheap.

some of the best PBT keycaps can only be bought from China

aliexpress.com/store/product/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps/2230037_32694867686.html

yes, but only if you pay attention to what you're buying
there are some cheap shitty PBT ones on aliexpress that people buy and then complain that hurts their fingers when typing
if you want cheap and decent keycaps, look for NPKC ones

Should I trade this Elven set for a Topre HiPro board? Last set of Elven sold for $275 on mechmarket. Right now I don't use it, just sits on a shelf on a spare board.

they're ugly and pointless, go for it

>Budget
Pretty poor
>Location (continent at least)
Mexico
>Preferred switch type
Brown or blue
>Layout
Mexican layout, with the big Enter key
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
None

Is there anything out there?

Got an HHKB Pro 2 the other day preowned off eBay.
I prefer Torpe over Cherry MX reds, however, getting a 60% has made me watch to build a Planck with some MX Clears.

Get a cheap cherry POS keyboard from a surplus store. Only other option is a Tomoko from amazon

>40%
y tho

I heard I can type danker memes even better and faster on a 40%. 20% increase compared to my HHKB.

A bit of an unrelated question, but is there any relation between switch type and form factor to typing speed, or is it really just personal preference.

>is it really just personal preference.

Yes.

Form factor - No

Switch - Drastically.
MX Reds - I'm horrifically slow
Buckling spring - Pretty slow but better
Blues - Getting there (but sound like a massive autist),
Topre - Fast (and the best typing experience I've ever had)
Chicklet (really) - Really fast (but feels like ass and hurts my finger tips because I bottom out).

Obviously, you will be completely different, but I find they make a huge difference.

just got my very first a couple of hours ago

mx blue of course

Thinking about grabbing another one, but I'm not sure what to grab. Love my ducky mini because of backlight + small, and I think I'd like another small keybaord to use at some point. Right now I only have the ducky and a sort of second hand razer black widow (from when they were still cherry MX switches)

What would you guys recommend? I do want a backlight (preferrably customizable in some way) and preferrably clicky switches, I like the noise and feel.

If you want maximum typing speed then consider converting a cheap N-key roller keyboard to steno

If you want another small 60% keyboard with customizable backlight, then either an Anne Pro or a Pok3r RGB. If you want something like a TKL, then a Ducky One TKL or a MasterKeys Pro S.

No, you can just get your Hi Pro later.

>Pok3r RGB
I was actually just looking at that, looks fucking cool as shit. Out of the two, would you recommend the poker? I value keycap customization since the Ducky shine mini can't really do it (all the function layer stuff on the keys is all, I'm trash at remembering them all man) but the LED customization on the Anne pro looks AMAZING.

I don't know user, I expect it to be awkward as fuck to work with the american layout keys.

I think I found my dream layout

those small modifiers on the left really irk me out

what, the 1u ctrl, super and alt keys?

yeah

I think when I actually build this I'm gonna change those to 1.5u keys instead. Also gonna make some changes to the backspace and ctrl position (similar to HHKB's layout).

So it'll look something like this

It's a bit annoying to have to use an app on your phone to customize the Anne, but it is pretty nice, and it looks great. It also has bluetooth if you care about that. Apart from that, the Pok3r is a bit better built, but the Anne is great for the price.

Sometimes I get the impression that the entire goal of this hobby is to get keyboards that are incomprehensible to others.

I don't know why people think using a function key to access inputs is incomprehensible.

These morons use ctrl, shift, win, command all day but lose their shit if you add more modifier capability.

It's more about having a keyboard that fits your needs, especially if you're putting one together instead of buying one off the shelf.

waiting for an assdrop order is pain.

At least you're not waiting on a 7bit buy.

>sold my AE86 for a 3.8 Gen Coupe
>only have a keyboard with Kailh keys

It is more about the fact that you remove keys that are on a standard board, put them on a function layer and then pretend it is for ergonomics and not purely aesthetic reasons.
Don't lie it is all about getting a keyboard that gets the biggest scowl when somebody else tries to use it.

>It is more about the fact that you remove keys that are on a standard board, put them on a function layer and then pretend it is for ergonomics and not purely aesthetic reasons.
laptops do this all the time. Most of them come with 65-75% keyboards

>Don't lie it is all about getting a keyboard that gets the biggest scowl when somebody else tries to use it.
Here you go then

>Don't lie it is all about getting a keyboard that gets the biggest scowl when somebody else tries to use it.
This. I even do it myself.
When someone uses my HHKB (Which lets face it, is pretty "standard-ish") and doesn't get on with it. I genuinely get a smug sense of self-satisfaction from it. I hate it.

If that was the goal, all I'd have to do is get blank keycaps and call it a day

>switched from K95 memeboard with Reds to MagicForce-82 with Gateron Greens

I miss the linear sometimes but holy fuck, Gateron Greens are beautiful. Better than Cherry's to be honest.

Where'd you get an 82 with Gaterons?

I got a nice set of gmk escape keys in the mail today. Some german guy has these and a few modpacks on ebay right now for decent prices.

ww@