I almost bought a Kaby Lake CPU

>I almost bought a Kaby Lake CPU
Damn, I dodged a bullet here.

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2017-02/kaby-lake-core-i7-i5-i3-pentium-celeron-test/2/#abschnitt_spiele_full_hd
anandtech.com/show/11143/amd-launch-ryzen-52-more-ipc-eight-cores-for-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd
pcgameshardware.de/Spiele-Thema-239104/Tests/More-Cores-More-FPS-794274/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you mean? Kaby Lake is still better and it doesn't cost much more.

>tfw i3 6100
can't wait to upgrade

>$350
>for a 4 (four) core CPU in 2017
>4 cores
>in 2017
>for $350

4 cores is totally enough for the vast majority of people.

Not the point. We will soon be able to get better for less money. Why would anyone not take that?

I couldn't care less if it has 36 cores.

If it doesn't translate properly into more performance, it's just a number.

I understand that logic but now theres a 8 core option on the same price range (or lower) so why you gonna buy the 4 core?

Also realize if your into looking for benchmarks and cpu releases your not the "vast majority of people " AKA normies

Ryzen is a superior deal than Intel
50% market share when??

See post above yours.

>computerbase.de/2017-02/kaby-lake-core-i7-i5-i3-pentium-celeron-test/2/#abschnitt_spiele_full_hd

The Intel Core i7-6950X is just as fast as the i5-7600K.

I don't do heavy multitasking stuff, so I don't see a reason for me to get a CPU, just because it has more cores.

That's what we're saying it does. The new ryzen will be cheaper, have more cores and be faster to their comparable Intel counterparts.

AMD Ryzen R7 CPU BTFO:s Kaby Lake from Intel by costing 100 bucks cheaper, half the TDP and double the score in CineBench

Intel shills butt rekt

Only if you compare it to the i7-6950X and the likes.

I compare CPUs that are sold around the same price.

I doubt it can beat the i7-7700.

>he hasn't watched the linustechtips ryzen video released earlier today

7700K got BTFO by a 65W TDP Ryzen CPU

and i'm asuming you mean the unlocked version, not the standard because that one is more shit than the unlocked one.

Oh and btw, all ryzen CPU are unlocked, no need to pay 80 bucks premium just to overcluck

You must not have seen the benchmarks released. New ryzen is beating the 7700k AND 6800k (more expensive.

Clock speed is not the only determinant of performance

You don't even fucking know how much headroom the Ryzen CPUs have for overclocking.
Overclocking without a need for AiOs that is.

One does wonder why AMD doesn't sell their CPUs with 4Ghz+ already.

>7700K got BTFO by a 65W TDP Ryzen CPU

No reviews, no proofs and until then all of you are nothing but shittalking.

>tfw Surface Poo 5 will have Kaby Shit instead of superior Ryzen

>Abandon all logic.
check
>Have a huge need to have taken away all your money.
check
>Shill intel for free
check

Why would you do that to yourself? Why do you hate yourself so much?

Btw, according to leaked insider information the 8C/16HT are very hard to overclock.

Just natural, as they have so many cores, it also ofc applies to Intel variants.

>Clock speed is not the only determinant of performance

Very few games even utilize 4 cores nowadays.

Are you trolling or what? It was announced.

anandtech.com/show/11143/amd-launch-ryzen-52-more-ipc-eight-cores-for-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

Where is the review?

Where are the benchmarks?

I only see Cinebench multithreaded test.
I don't see an i7-7700K either for comparison.

So, hold on, you huge fucking brain dead fagot.
You are saying that, you are running some strange OS, that can run just one instance of a web browser AND absolutley nothing else?
Nothing in the background, like nothing else that can use cpu time.
Ok then...

Who says games don't use more than 4 cores?

pcgameshardware.de/Spiele-Thema-239104/Tests/More-Cores-More-FPS-794274/

Besides, a game isn't the only thing running on your PC. Additional cores give your game more space to run

There won't be game benchmarks until it's actually released. I agree we can't know for sure until it's out, but it doesn't seem like you will believe them anyway.

Btw, according to leaked insider the person behind this post has a micropenis and is a furry.

Just natural, as the furries are.

You retarded piece of shit, you do not run 100% of those cores on the background. Literally 99.98% of the time ALL your background programs are 100% idle.

GOYIM, NO!

The X chips must be of higher quality so you can undervolt and overclock better, because the so called XFR-feature is pretty much a non-feature, totally useless.

AH so youre saying that with one core, like a pentium 3 @ 1gighurt i should be able to do like 90% of stuff i do everyday in my desktop?
Got it.

I'm not that guy, but what you said isn't remotely true. You believe a web browser playing a video is 100% idle? A music player playing your playlist is 100% idle? A program that is listening for input is 100% idle? An operating system waiting for hardware input is 100% idle? Not being the main window doesn't make a program "100% idle". Hell, there are services that are constantly running in the process manager that you can look at.

I don't think you know how a computer works

You did good. Waitfags always, ALWAYS, win in the end

Dude, he has that weird OS that only uses one instance of anything and THATS it, no need for "moar" useless cores like he said.
Get over it pajeet shill.

MOAR COREZ

>Got an i5-7600K for just $120

Yeah man, because you totally play videos in the background while playing a demanding 3D video game, right?

Yeah because windows shuts off all processes while playing games.

Hahaha you addressed one point. You gonna ignore playing music? Or other operating system processes? How about drivers?

Yes btw. I like to have a twitch stream on for background noise

I don't expect you to respond, as it's probably embarrassing at this point

Hell, what if I'm streaming whatever I'm playing?
Next you're gonna tell me that additional cores wouldn't help for that

I'll take what is streaming for $500.

please continue, this is so sweet

What about this you fucking fagot?
>playing lol because im a neet
>have pisscord to talk to my brazilian monkeys
>have a web browser with multiple tabs open cuz my lol sumo lol king lol guides i need
>can still recieve notofications from steam and whatever.

I hope you get money from this sad, attempt of shilling you fat neet fuck.

Testing. Ignore me

Okay

I WILL PAY ATTENTION TO YOU, SO HELP ME GOD!

No don't! I'm just making sure Hiroshimoot turned image posting back on!!

No bully.

>you'll be able to buy a good quadcore, rx 480, mobo, and ram for 500 bucks in just a few weeks

CAN'T WAIT

(You)

Not for at least a month

i was about to drop nearly 1200 on an entire setup with an i7. hopefully ill be able to cut it down to 700 and use the rest for a new monitor and keyboard. thanks AMD