/Tablet/

Have $300 for a tablet, maybe slightly more if needed.

Goal is Netflix/x264 MKV movies.

The larger the screen the better, MicroSD card slot required. Viewing angles matter, but so do colors and black levels. There must be no interference/static audio issues and the max attainable decibel level must be loud even if just by headphones.

All of my comparisons are based against a Nook Tablet 7" as that's all I've had experience with.

Does iOS prevent you from importing x264 MKV's ?
I know Android does weird shit with partitions, will a 32GB Android device allow most of that storage space to be used for actual app installations ?

From what I've seen what I want in a tablet is in the $600 range.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Glacier-9-7-inch-Android-TouchScreen-Processor/dp/B01M3MYPOO/ref=pd_sbs_147_48?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M3MYPOO&pd_rd_r=4DTQB6A6X1MB5AM1T7CN&pd_rd_w=ZVgKz&pd_rd_wg=6X3EB&psc=1&refRID=4DTQB6A6X1MB5AM1T7CN
amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Come on Sup Forums

i have an ipad mini 2 and can watch mkv without any issue. haven't found any video file that doesn't work yet. If you plan to watch a lot of stuff, don't buy a 16gb model.

Now I'm focusing on 1080p, MicroSD option, IPS screen.

Not sure if 720p on a 10" will just feel like 1024x600 on a 7".

I know the viewing angle will matter so it has to be ips, TN wouldn't even be usable on a table I think.

walmart carries samsung tab 10.1 refurb for right at $200

That's a fantastic deal. I own one, bought it for 260 second hand (rarely used) and it's definitely worth it, and that's in euros too

user don't buy a 4:3 tablet if essentially all you're going to be doing is watching movies. Get 16:9, you WILL thank me later. The 10.1 tab (s1) is your best option

>Get 16:9, you WILL thank me later.
Except if you try to use it in portrait mode.

Yes, but I mean, he specifically mentioned Netflix

I rarely use it in portrait mode, likely because it's pretty shit, but I don't miss the ability to do so honestly

>i want a tablet that has features that would cost X but only want to pay half of that

You knew the answer to your question before you even posted.

>300$
>idiotic expectations
/csg/ is the way to go

Considered an official refurb ipad? $380 for an Air 2 at the moment. Not sure if the 4:3 screen will work for you.

>$300
>wants a high quality display

You need to do one of these 3
>change your requirements
>have a bigger budget
>look at the used market

You're already seem to realize what you want is not $300, but want to see if that exists anyways based on the "buy a non-apple tablet for half the price with twice the power" sort of memes.

Oh, look at the retards not understanding people can be new.

Ironically, after this I noticed everything I want are in $600 tablets.

Then super ironically, my display died, so I'll be finding a new 27" 1440p IPS display, want a snazzy one with Gsync and that's 144hz, The Asus one seems nice but i'm hearing horror stories about screen uniformity.

amazon.com/Glacier-9-7-inch-Android-TouchScreen-Processor/dp/B01M3MYPOO/ref=pd_sbs_147_48?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M3MYPOO&pd_rd_r=4DTQB6A6X1MB5AM1T7CN&pd_rd_w=ZVgKz&pd_rd_wg=6X3EB&psc=1&refRID=4DTQB6A6X1MB5AM1T7CN

Something like this?

just got the one you're probably talking about. $530 at microcenter. everything's fantastic except for the light bleed but i don't notice it. Even overclocked it to 151hz. you talking about the asus MG279Q?

The 2 realistic options are

amazon.com/SWIFT-PG278Q-27-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C

or

amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM

Then there's one with a red point stand that looks like cancer, can't find it now, feeling so overwhelmed too.

From what I've read, all of the 1440p IPS 144hz displays are made by the same company and there are serious screen uniformity issues.

Ah, one of those is TN, so that's a no-go.

I bought the Kindle Fire 8 HD and a 128gb microsd. I like the fact that you are going to spend almost three times the money to watch the same mkv movies.

I want a large screen, high res and quality screen though.

I have a Google Nexus 9, it does all that you ask. I got it for less than $150 (refurbished)
It does everything that you're aiming at, and more. Mine has LTE support, so it's great.

I love my Samsung Chromebook Plus, which can run Android apps. But it's $450, so probably above your budget.