Best Laptop for a Finance/Financial Planning Major

I know this is probably a stupid question, but what type of computer (preferably a laptop) does a finance major use or should use?

I'll be a first year student getting my BS in Finance-Financial Planning and I would like to replace this hunk of shit Dell with something more powerful.

I really don't want the new MBP. Looks tacky as fuck and I'm not a graphic design or art student. I want something professional yet a powerhouse.

I was thinking towards MSI or Origin. But suggestions are welcome.

gee if only there was a board dedicated to requests ...

Buy a mouse and keyboard and use your phone. As a financial planner you would appreciate the money saved.

Why should I take this to /wsr/ if it's a tech question?

If I were Korean, yes. But I am a burger.

I could jew myself, sure. But I don't know of any mouse and keyboards for an iPhone 7 Plus. I will ask my friend Seinfeld and Holowitz.

>Not in engineering
>Working in money
Just get a macbook, if you're seriously unsure about what laptop to get for FINANCE, literally any laptop that can use a calculator, you dont deserve Sup Forums
Just get a mbp, and fuck your major

XPS 13

>I know this is probably a stupid question
We have a thread for those, you know?

Sorry, I want to be rich, not Indian. That's why I chose Finance with a concentration in Financial Planning. Not shitting in streets or Minecraft.

Why are you so mad, dude? I grew up with computers, worked on them, worked around them, hold an Apple cert, studied for my A+ cert, but I chose something I know will be highly profitable. No need to be butthurt over MY personal choice.

The biggest concern I fucking had was if I DID get a Memebook, would my professors and classmates have any problems with file transfers since it is an online program? I don't need an incompatibility issue when I'm hundreds of miles away

Yeah the XPS line is pretty nice. The HP Omen line is as well.

Get this

Nah, this is more Jew

Dell XPS 13 or 15

Have you started learning quick books and advanced excel like vlookup?

XPS 15 is nice. Good graphics card on the one I was looking at, 7th gen i7, SSD, decent RAM but it can be upgraded to 32GB. Still have to wait on Financial Aid to come through but this looks pretty good.

Are there any jobs in finance available without CA certification? I am unemployed for a year now and no one wants to talk to me unless I have a cert in accounting even though I want to work in Finance.

t. BS Finance grad

How bout dis?

Gee, idk Mr. Belfort. Does this suffice? Pic related

Where have you applied and what region do you live in if in US? Because I live in the Northeast, in a prominent banking industry and would likely have little if any problem getting a job.

I would say focus on places where you know you could land the job. You don't need to be a financial adviser ASAP. If you can get in with a bank as a private banker or even a personal banker, that would be ideal just to prove yourself and pay your dues. I'm pursuing this degree because my mother worked in finance for 30+ years without any post-secondary education or even a diploma. She never got past a managerial level but still worked for one of the largest banks in the country.

Needs more ticker tape but perfect.

If you grew up with, worked on, and hold this cert you claim to, why the fuck are you asking for advice on such simple of a task for computing

>"Online Program"
>"Want to be rich"

>college is about learning how to aquire information independantly
>OP can't even make a choice as basic as buying a laptop when there are countless reviews out there

Macbook, obviously. It just works and you don't need any extra shit if you're a finance student.

>macshit
>works

Pick one.