CE fag here

CE fag here.

I'm taking Data Structures and Algorithms next semester. Is it hard? What should I be prepared for? I got an A+ in OOP last semester.

Other urls found in this thread:

visualgo.net/
cs.usfca.edu/~galles/visualization/Algorithms.html
brpreiss.com/books/opus7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It can be hard. Read 'Introduction to Algorithms'. It's unlike OOP.

>Civil Enginneering
>Data structures and algorithm
why

No.
You can prepare by make more programs, reading code and learning the programming language.
computer engineering you dufus.

Why are you so sure its Civil Engineering and not something else?

I meant computer engineering.

it's piss easy

It can be hard if you're a faggot who doesn't realize that it's probably the most important thing you'll learn.

Stop posting underage's without their consent you fucking creep

Chemical Engineer

Post tits

Nothing it's truly dumb high-school tier math at worse (hardest you can talk about talk are series). CS is the science of retarded monkeys.
t. pure math master race

It's mostly math. You might have to implement some algorithms but you also have to learn their mathematical fundamentals. If you suck at math don't take it.

Don't listen to "pure math autists". I aced it but since I am not "gifted" when it comes to math I had to learn a lot by heart. I studied mechanical engineering btw.

I concur with most of what they're saying here. I'm self-teaching data structures and algorithms after years as a self-taught dev. They always carried this mystique about them but now that I'm learning about them, it's pretty straightforward. I am really behind on math though, so I learning some math to understand summation notation better as well as a few other things. Here are some companion resources you can use while taking the course;

visualgo.net/
cs.usfca.edu/~galles/visualization/Algorithms.html
brpreiss.com/books/opus7 (It's available in several languages)

Anyone know of any good resources that covers just the math needed to understand algorithms better? Like a quick small primer so I can understand the math notation in CLRS?

lmao not knowing what CE stands for on a technology board

>I aced it but since I am not "gifted" when it comes to math
So you agree with me.

>The data structures class you're gonna be in next year is in Java so you know your CS department is fucking shit

It's okay tho, I already have a basic idea of how structs work in C#, and I found a book at the thrift store about how to implement them in C.

Not OP, but I'm taking Applied EM Waves after I finish Signals and Systems. Anyone got experience and tips? Hard course?

Taking CE as well and just had Algorithms this semester, fucking loved the course; it can get complex for some specific topics, but in the end it's mostly just logic and a bit of maths but nothing too scary.

Mine was "in Java", in that the labs/assignments we used Java to implement stuff, and our textbook had Java implementations...but exams were 90% theory, and being able to work out algorithms on paper, and doing the mathy stuff like big O, or how many leaves in an x tree type questions.

Don't be fooled like I was if your class is like this. Just focus on learning the concepts. The Java textbook we used had "robust implementations", which meant 2-3 level inheritance hierarchies for a simple fucking tree. It was a mess.

I liked Algorithms.

>Combat engineer
>Data structures and algorithm
why

Stop posting pictures of underage kids you fucking pedophile

It's not hard unless you make it and it's the most important thing you will learn. Take it seriously because you will need all of it in the future.

Easy as fuck, only copy and paste algorithms and run it, hard part is like Introduction to algorithm.