You know it's true

You know it's true.

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/56401/amd-breaking-world-records-ryzen-7-1800x-already/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know it's true.

Elder god:
Wait for Zen+

Why not wait for the AMD answer to Intel's answer to ryzen

Man how the fuck is intel going to answer?

They already released a housefire in a desperate attempt to seem faster.

What's next, cut prices and make 90% of their customers feel like huge retarded sacks of shit for buying intel?

There's already an Intel answer. Their cores are just faster. Most people here run things like a Haswell on 4.8Ghz. That's extremely faster than Ryzen on 90% of what people ACTUALLY do. AMD is LITERALLY using the SAME meme again, "le more cores are le faster le meme" which is totally false unless the only thing you do is video encoding or something that isolated and rare to the needs of most people.

But... it is harder to OC 8 cores, of course it has a worse clock! It isn't 2012, all new software is multi-cored, because who uses legacy software?

dude stfu

Show single core performance. 7700k wins. AMD BTFO.

see

>gets good cooling system
>no longer a house fire
>???
>PROFIT!!!

Yeah, right after you replace the joke TIM intel jizzed under the IHS which risks permanent damage to the CPU.

Sure, but the end product is still better. This is Sup Forums, we should be willing to spend time working on our hardware to get the best results. Next you will tell me I should use Windows over Gentoo because of how easy it is out of the box.

Yeap, be alone is the best option

>it's smarter to buy something that isn't out yet than to wait for it to come out

Alright fucboi, please tell me what"s stopping people from taking their R7 1800X processors, temporarily disabling 4 cores, and OC'ing the rest to ~5GHz with liquid cooling.

I can't believe they're still doing this shit.

Just solder it on you fucking kikes.

Not this time, Intel already announced their answer to ryzen, it's rebadging the 7700K to an i5-7640 and i7-7740 and I'll say, it's underwhelming.
Not overpaying for the same shit relabeled with 1% IPC gains each gen and a $50 unlocked SKU tax

Prove that you can do it. You need to go up a whole GHZ. That isn't normal unless you got some custom loop, maybe not even then. Even if you could, IPC is still behind a few generations, so wouldn't the 7700k still beat it?

>Prove that you can do it.
They were already able to OC ALL 8 fucking cores to 5.2GHz on LN. OC just 4 to ~5GHz is a very likely scenario.

tweaktown.com/news/56401/amd-breaking-world-records-ryzen-7-1800x-already/index.html

>Even if you could, IPC is still behind a few generations, so wouldn't the 7700k still beat it?
At worst you would only need to OC ryzen 100MHz higher.

AMD literally beat their own promise of just 40% IPC improvement over excavator.

Very likely scenario on LN... that is the problem. Say I use a high end air cooler like a Noctua NH-D15. I could get 5 GHZ on the 7700k. What makes you say AMD will guarantee the same results? It would be a dream come true if we could make 8 cores to 5 GHZ on a consumer device, but it just won't be possible. Do recall Kaby Lake on LN went past 7 GHZ.

I need to OC ryzen more than the 7700k. That is the problem, Ryzen already has the worse benefit of a weaker base clock. You need to do more work, which means potentially more room for failure. Plus Kaby Lake is known for its OC potential.

kabby lake has DOGSHIT OCability because of that shitty TIM. If you wanna suck intels overpriced cock and risk destroying your CPU trying to replace the TIM then be my guest.

One problem, Intel already has an answer for that, the soldiered 7740k.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when intel charges $400+ for that kabby lake i7 with a soldered IHS

what makes you think the clock of two different designs are even remotely comparable?

I for one don't mind spending a lot of money for something objectively better.

If they aren't, then we have no idea what Ryzen can do. It is an unknown, which means it could perform well, but based on past history with Bulldozer is likely to fail.

Kabylake-pascal build: small brain
Kabylake-Vega build: normal brain
Ryzen-pascal build: large brain
Ryzen-Vega: Ubermensch Brain

God, I hope you were just trolling me this whole time.

I bet it is pretty stable to use it at 90°C for a extended period of time. Just imagine gaming on it with your open air GPU making even more heat inside the case.

Sorry, I care about performance. If that means spending thousands of dollars for a CPU that is slightly better than AMD, so be it. It is still better than AMD.

Intel's response is bribing the OEM.

>It is still better than AMD
Only at single-threaded tasks and only marginally so. This isn't Bulldozer.

Kaby Lake will be worse than comparably priced Ryzen at multi-threaded tasks, that much is certain.

> le see my 6900K that runs on 3.2Ghz le meme
Show an actual CPU people here use retard.
My haswell runs on 4.7Ghz for years.

>Being an incompetent and lazy bastard that can't delid. Back Sup Forums child.

>having to delid in the first place

> le see my LIQUID NITROGEN overclock FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND le meme
Are you literally that mentally challenged?
Nobody is using CPUs that way.

> being so incompetent that he can't delid.

> being so incompetent that he thinks it's actually a challenge

>>>>>>>>>having to delid in the first place

> he is such a child that he thinks it takes more than 20 seconds.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>having to delid in the first place

fuck off with this "intel needs competition" narrative
no they fucking don't
the only reason you're getting die sizes this small anywhere is because intel fucking innovated to push it to moore's law or better

they literally own x86
fucking communist fucks.

oy vey

pajeeeeeeeeeeeeet!