/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Home in time for Christmas edition

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Please respond.

>/ptg/
not technology related

where's the undo button?

It depends on where you're uploading to.

If you mean for example seeding an album to APL, then RED / NW / HZ, you're in luck because unlike APL, those 3 sites modify your torrent to have a unique flag. That's why they make you re-dl it. I just use my APL announce URL in the base torrent.

Unfortunately APL doesn't do anything to make the torrent unique, so between there and another lazy site you would have to maybe re-make the torrent with a unique piece size.

RED and then NW.

what's the best torrent client for private trackers then, and what's the easiest way to transfer my torrents to it

basically answered your question.

The only correct answer is rTorrent, optionally with a script that starts torrents in Deluge, then moves them after a bit.

For Windows I still like uTorrent 2.2.1 just a little better than Stallman's qBitmeme.

yeah i'm on windows, so utorrent 2.2.1 would be the best option? i'm kind of weary though if there'd be much of a significant difference because i'll have to transfer over all my torrents

Unfortunately there's pretty much no good torrent transferring tools I've ever heard of. I know a few people have claimed to get perfect private tracker settings in qBit... they do make it sound like it doesn't have them by default. I wonder if they knew what they were talking about.

NWCD irc down for anyone else?

Is there a route from MAM or APL to cinemageddon?

yes!

does uTorrent 2.2.1 even support SSL tracker urls?

Yes.

fuck waffles i donated almost 300 bucks to those pieces of shit

Cool op :)

>i still miss my waffles..

What's the route?

lol. why would you donate that much to a tracker that doesn't even work? it's your fault

Yes
Didn't you like it?

You need to use SSL

hello boys I am doing NotWhat interview right now!

DAILY REMINDER THAT USING QSTALLEDMEME ON PRIVATE TRACKERS IS RATIO SUICIDE.

>giving money to a tracker
>not just buying music instead
DING DING DING DING DING DING
RETARD ALERT
DING DING DING DING DING DING

Youth was shit you utter plen
Stop posting your pseud taste here and avatar fagging

It basically doesn't. The go red intermittently.

I've been using ssl tracker urls for nwcd, red/pth, and btn on 2.2.1 for some months now and have had no issues.

>Paul Dano
>Harvey Keitel
>Michael Caine
>Jane Fonda

>set in Switzerland

The definition of Kino.

sorrentino peaked with la grande belleza

I'm sorry you didn't like it
What did you thin of The Great Beauty? I liked that one even more

Waffles pulled up a Bernie!

La Grande Bellezza is Sorrentino's best work and a film that's genuinely good, I don't understand how you can like La Grande Bellezza then tell me Youth is a good film.

Then again you have gutter taste so it's not surprising. Hope animal control puts you down Dr Katz

stop liking movies i dont like!

Stay mad.

>it's ok to have bad taste!
>posts a meme picture from a pewdiepie vid
Really makes you think
Stay pleb

shalom!

Then you can see the quite long thread about it on RED. Most people have problems. That's why they added an option to disable it. APL and NW need to add that option too.

No, only retards need that option.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not watching my client 24/7 but I haven't seen anything go red without there being an external cause. That's all I can say.

>APL
fucking get out!

that didn't happen. stop lying

is mark kozelek in this movie?

>DING DING DING DING DING DING
another body is found!

Without laughing.

I could join HDBits within two months.
I'm on IPT for six years and on rutracker since 2010, I could.
Also, I'm uploading on IPTorrents for four years, 700 uploaded torrents and 40TB uploaded.
I'm high on the tracker game. I can befriend everybody, and people trust me more than they should. I just need to go on IRC and find my target and send him a PM. I won't let him go; I will take every chance he gives me. There always be people on /ptg/ saying it's impossible, but first, pals, nothing is impossible with a will of iron, and second, it's not with your experience you'll do this.
Also, any IPT uploader can join PTP with a seedbox within two months. HDBits isn't really harder it just requires skill.

how do i download 1 byte to get that sicc 99999 ratio>

I got banned from pth for questioning the admins, when I tried to get my account back through the irc the guy manning it told me in short to fuck off, go APOLLO!! Pth can suck my dick better community and better admins. Pth will die out due to incompetent and pretentious admins.

What did you do to get banned? Be specific.

I can't recall exactly word for word as my account is gone, but I said pass the headphones was a terrible name as it was to much like pass the popcorn and that Apollo was the better tracker due to more snatching of torrents, also the community was to small and people were just flocking to the most exclusive tracker, rather than the better one, meaning Apollo. I was banned for this, so it seems hilarious to me that they finally changed the name which I suggested from the very beginning, but was told to keep my mouth shut. The admins are dicks and are incompetent at running a private tracker, Apollo is the clear winner for music trackers.

Why does it bother you so much people have different taste than yours?

Nice troll. Nobody believes this unless you show screenshots of the ban and the arguments that let up to it.

You forgot to take your pills today? :(

>Taxi to shitstreet sir?
>We can listen to flac youtube rips, and can suck your cock for 50 cents while I drive sir!
>Welcome to pooploop services sir!

>I said
Look at him and laugh.
Shouldn't have done that.

>ur tracker sux n i h8 it
>y ban tho?

Who wouldn't be bothered knowing philistines exist?

if i had a bad day i would've probably banned you as well. you kept saying apollo was better so why would you be on pth then? he helped you so you won't have to worry about one more tracker. good guy

>join nwcd
>get pu
>see this
th-thanks /ptg/

Hey guys can you redpill me on Apollo sysops?

well what else did you expect to find there?

Topkek

How did you even get to PU

have 5 uploads (no one snatched these), wait 2 weeks, get 22.3 gb upload (just snatch the freshly uploaded freeleech torrents very quickly)

>implying anybody here told you to join NWCD

kek

You'll never hear from them so you don't have to worry about them if they're annoying :^)

/marked/!

That's not how being an admin is supposed to work, abusive admins when they get in to power very quickly kill off what they are trying to manage by being absolute dicks, they have every right to not allow me access to there 'exclusive tracker group' (which at this point is just embarrassing given no one is downloading anything). But back to the point, I have a right to call them out on there bullshit.

what css is that?

default nwcd one

How can I, I'm banned? However if you question the admins you should probably start to understand what I mean. They are dicks and the members of the group, Jack off to the fact they have over 500 torrents being seeded and are considered elite class. Despite the fact no one downloads them, it's just one massive circlejerk.

Are you an admin? Are you butt hurt your 'exclusive tracker' is just one massive circlejerk.

Show us your ban notice. Login and take a screenshot.

I believe you. You are not alone.

You wanted it, you got it. :)

looks way better than the re[tarded] css i'm using atm
>tfw can't even change it because i'm banned from the forums
this sounds like utter bullshit but I do agree the mods are cunts
then again all tracker mods/staff are cunts except like yui and nick007

LETS PYRAMID BOYS

>When the logo is just simple text

learn how to criticize constructively first. you just kept saying apollo was better and pth's name was shit. why would i as a staff want to keep hearing you saying that? keep your opinions to yourself or learn how to express them better. no one has to listen to shit posting

From what I've seen, RED has been extremely lenient with bans. Not even Demonotaku managed to get himself cast out, and he really tried.

>keep your opinions to yourself
>post his own opinion

Bravo.

>on /ptg/ unironically telling user not to shitpost

I'm guessing you are an admin of something and you are also a complete dick, so I will just say this as I don't want to interact with you any further. It was only two posts and I wasn't given a warning.

I don't know why they chose me, but I think they didn't like the fact I seemed to know what I was talking about and said I was on other music trackers. I was also on posting in the designated sections of the forum for serious discussion.

>telling user to redact his opinions on redacted about redacted

>RED has been extremely lenient with bans. Not even Demonotaku managed to get himself cast out, and he really tried.

This. That guy did way worse than what this other guy is saying.

I bet he's lying about what he did.

>I was also on posting in the designated sections of the forum for serious discussion.
oh yes, surely this was not a contributing factor

I'm not saying your ban was right, but I know some people there and I get the feeling it was carried out not by one of the main staff. It is possibly as simple as your words were more abrasive than you think. I have seen a lot of people run up to staff with criticism and them take it pretty well actually.

This is all a really weird situation, because I've never seen the user base of a tracker feel quite this entitled or feel this bitchy about things. You may simply have gotten caught in a wave where the bitching was hitting a fever pitch and some mod was indeed having a bad day. I'm still fairly impressed that the staff even are approachable, because What.CD was a more faceless experience where I was on there for years and hardly got a chance to speak to anyone on the dev side.

>HDB down
>torrents all red
PANIC

Bit off topic.

I'm at Uni and have really great internet. I get ~640 Mbps up and down. However, my torrents only upload at ~3 MBps.

Is this a problem of not enough people wanting to download the file, or is it some inefficiency?

you may be too far away with them. your hd may be slow. or most likely there aren't enough people or too many seeders

FFFFFFFFF
it's over, lads

I'm on an SSD. HD speed isn't the problem.
I'd like to be a good citizen. Are there any really in-demand torrents I could seed 24/7 to use my excess bandwidth? Maybe some Linux distros or something?

> I've never seen the user base of a tracker feel quite this entitled or feel this bitchy about things.

Its the users who have the files, we are on a high horse and when you see a bad decision or if your opinion just gets blown away with no valid reason, like you are nothing, then you start to feel like you arent contributing to anything or to something that you dont fully support.

If the majority simply dislikes something and wants it differently, why is that bitchy? You had the same issue with logchecker rules. Users stated its bad, Staff stated it wont change... few days layter it changed.

Users hailed the change like it was made of gold. Respect the community and listen to what they have to say, there simply cant be any problems with that.

>only upload at ~3 MBps.
>3MBps
>slow
wtf lad

I'm on Ubuntu 16.10 with Transmission using a wired connection, in case any of that matters.

Seeing as this connection tops out at >70 MBps, that does seem slow to me. I'd like to be a good citizen and really max out my performance.