Name better laptop than Thinkpad T420 for it's price

Name better laptop than Thinkpad T420 for it's price.

>Pro tip: You can't

Can we all agree that T420 is basically Sup Forums's version of 86 from Initial D? It will do everything that modern laptops can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T420-Core-i5-2520M-2-5Ghz-1600-900-HD-4GB-128GB-SSD-Win8-1Pro-/112274374547?hash=item1a2412ff93:g:MG0AAOSwCGVX7cS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Can we all agree that T420 is basically Sup Forums's version of 86 from Initial D?

yes, of course.
because it's the driver/user that has the biggest impact.

Of course.

I still remember playing plenty of shit with an upgraded quad core processor and a desktop gtx 1050ti via expresscard.

It's a bit too heavy and thick, though.

>14" screen
>name something better
Every laptop from 10" to 13"

But the panel man, the panel

My thinkpad T450

Name a worst screen then what is on the T420

>Pro tip: You can't

Even as a T420 owner the colors aren't the bad part its the non-existent viewing angles

X220 if you own a desktop. Comfier.

This, I wish it had a 16:10 display tho

True, true. It'd be better.

I'm wondering if I should save up for that IPS panel.

DEJA VU

do it, it's so comfy. guide is on ifixit

i've just been in this board before

This
FPBP

the T420 is Sup Forums's meme computer everybody recommends
the NA Miata is /o/'s meme car everybody recommends

getting an AE86 here costs a fucking ton due to the tofu tax, while the T420 can be found for basically nothing

i'd say it's more of a Miata than an 86

it's called x220

*X220 if you own an external monitor and dock

>CPU soldered to the socket
>can't use 3 drives
nah

the x220 IPS display is fucking great compared to the utter shit display in the T420 tho

Only the later revision of that tho, (B2) I think

I'm thinking of buying the dock. Imma plug that shit to one of my monitors

Get a dedicated charger and mouse for the dock too. Productivity off the charts.

which model is that actually ? celica st ?

Which model should I look for? There seem to be quite a few ones that support the X220.

Mini Dock Series 3

My T420 makes my dick hard no joke. Scratches all over the outside perfect on the inside hnggggg goddamn

I'm on the prowl for a cheap T420 on ebay now.

Depends on wether you want to buy more thinkpads. I just got a 4337 because here in Europe it was the only one available (used) for cheap but its comfy and looks nice.

Toyota Corolla/Sprinter (AE86) Trueno

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T420-Core-i5-2520M-2-5Ghz-1600-900-HD-4GB-128GB-SSD-Win8-1Pro-/112274374547?hash=item1a2412ff93:g:MG0AAOSwCGVX7cS0

I'm UK based

ty

That's a shame. Probs the only thing I like about living in amerifat right now, cheap laptops galore.

>this fucking seller
I bought a T420 from this guy. there wasn't a hard drive cage and the SSD was just shoved in there with some foam. Shitty thermal paste replacement job and there was missing screws

>It will do everything that modern laptops can do.
No, it won't. It will do everything that a modern low powered laptop intended for internet browsing and office use can do, and that's about it.
Don't get me wrong, that's enough power in a laptop for most people including myself. But there are plenty of things it'll either do very badly/slowly or not at all. Don't kid yourself.

t. T520 owner

shit. nevermind then fuck that seller.

I usually buy my thinkpads from local pawn shops living in Detroit with a lot of liquidated business really flooded the market with them.

have to install new Bios to get rid of company logos but that's a small inconvenience

why would I?
I'm not poor, you know. I prefer to use non-cumstained keyboards

>can't use 3 drives
one msata
one standard 2,5"
one standard 2,5" via ultrabase

What's up with this cumstain meme? who the fuck actually gets cum on their fucking electronics?

Also another small issue was the pirated windows 8.1 even though there is a working Windows 7 product key under the battery comparment

So two drives, got it.

Rummage around craigslist for two days and you'll immediately find something.
Memepads are garbage unless you only plan on doing light to medium coding or shitposting, everything past that they're useless.

What the hell else would you use a laptop for? Desktops exist for a reason.

msata is a drive
if you don't count it as a drive then t420 also can't take 3 drives, you stupid retard.
only used thinkpads are worth buying, and in that case there is a very high chance you'll get one of these cumstained ones

It really is a great used laptop. I got the i7 model for $150, threw a 512 SSD in it I got for $120, and bought another 4GB RAM stick to put in it. For $310 I got an exceptional laptop that fits my need perfectly

T420 here thinking of getting a x220 how do I know it got IPS? Also how are the tablet models

>msata is a drive
I never said it wasn't. I was talking about the other drive that's not present whenever you're using your laptop as a laptop. You don't take your dock everywhere with you. It's no different than having an external HDD at home. It doesn't count as a drive in your laptop.

>watching inital D stage 5 on my T410
>see this thread
Is mine the AE85 of thinkpads?

>t420 for its price
Well duh, the X 220 and x230
The t series have an irritating DVD drive that pops out constantly

It's not a dock you fuccboi. It's a base.
Learn the difference between ultraBASE and ultraDOCK.
And yes, ultrabase is supposed to be carried with laptop, just like slice battery.

also what kind of autistic fuck needs 3 drives in a laptop? Are you too retarded or too poor to get a 256GB mSATA one and 2TB M9T 2,5" one?

So basically you're carrying a massive external drive everywhere you go.

I never said I needed 3 drives, I'm just pointing out that the base doesn't really count.

t420 is the late 2000s panther of laptops.

I bought mine on newegg. They sell them refurbished there and you have more guarantees then some fag on ebay.

it's not only external drive. You can mount inside pretty much anything, including 4th drive, SDR radio, additional wifi card, additional recovery usb flash drive, etc. I've seen one an ultrabase for x220 with integrated raspberry pi zero with it's own power source which recharges itself after docking with laptop.

X220T

once*

what are you eating there user?

why not 1tb msata + 2x 4TB drives then

muh storage

>watching anime in public

I am not that brave.

burger from whataburger

there are no 4TB 2,5"

What is the point of this thread?

Jesus Christ, you TwinkPad users need constant round-the-clock validation for your computers don't you? How pathetic. The only real decent feature on a ThinkPad is the keyboard, which is the best on any laptop, not up for discussion. The rest can be found on anything else.

The durability meme is the funniest, Lenovo is still somehow driving on tank fumes from IBM's days. ThinkPads are not durable, well built, or reliable. They also have good Linux support. Nothing else great about them but they're still the best Windows/Linux laptop you can get.

>t. ThinkPad, gaymen rig and MacBook Pro owner

>ThinkPads are not durable, well built, or reliable
I'd like to see your macbook pro have water spilled on it.

>the NA Miata is /o/'s meme car everybody recommends

>whole computer choice revolving around the chance of survival from a liquid spill

If you're Michael J. Fox you could just get a silicon keyboard cover. The only time I spilled liquid near a machine in my life was my ThinkPad. It was a glass knocked over which made a tsunami against the right side of the laptop, so spill proof keyboards wouldn't have helped very much there. Also, most non-retards don't spill things. Some people trip over 5 times a day, etc.

OP Here - that's why i replaced it for ultrabay and showed in second drive. Also I have mobile broadband modem instead of msata ssd. Mega comfy.

This. I own a X220t. Keyboard feels really nice, light-weight, long-hours battery. Touch-screen Isn't really the big deal, but works really well, I have no complain. I don't draw too much but I can do my animemes on Paint.

>Also I have mobile broadband modem instead of msata ssd
I don't understand this one.

Sure in an enterprise setting back then it would be useful but now when everyone has a phone with unlimited LTE capable of making an AP and do unlimited tethering, why?

I got it included when i bought it by accident. Found out I have it few months after I bought it because seller didn't point out it has one. Also i had a spare 2,5 ssd so i went for SSD+HDD in ultrabay with internet connection everywhere I go. When i go to my uni i dont have to connect to their botnet to surf the web.

I used to watch Cowboy Bebop on a portable DVD player in the subway on my way to school
those were dark times

muh tee foe fiddy ass is kang

>The 86 from initial D
Is that not a regular 86?
And 86's are outdated, even for dipshit kids who hate tires

>portable dvd player
christ, I remember using those on road trips

they were the shit back then
kids these days are completely spoiled with all their newfangled iCrap, they don't know what a joy simply watching a movie on a long car ride is

They will never know the feeling of puting a portable monitor on a gamecube, plugging it in a special car adaptor, and playing 007 nightfire and melee on long trips.

lol miata owners are gay amirite

stop