Are these stock coolers just as good as a Evo 212?

Are these stock coolers just as good as a Evo 212?

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/amd-ryzen-7-eight-core-1700-3.70ghz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-39x-am.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't matter, Ryzen won't get them

1700 has those, you lying shill

The Wraith Max is about equal to a Hyper 212 Evo, but you can't actually buy a 1700X or 1800X with one at retail. They're only for system builders. The 1700 comes with the Spire, but we don't know how good that is yet.

the spire reminds me of those old coolers you got with some pre-built systems.
they were pretty shit back then, this one's better be good.

If it's something like the first Wraith they specifically made for the housefires 83xx and higher, it will be comparable to aftermarket coolers in the ~30 bucks bracket, with the Wraith max hopefully able to aim a little bit higher.

what I don't get, it's a huge box for lack of cooler, what's in it?
also i'm fucked if there is no cooler in box, I won't be able to get one for am4 here fast enough
cpu - day 1
peripherals will get renewal best time late march

Buy an AM4 adapter? Also, Amazon Prime 2 day delivery.

>Amazon Prime 2 day delivery.
there is no amazon in slavlands, specially in two days

:( I feel bad for you user. Hopefully you can figure something out. Some AM4 coolers are already shipping, so you could order one now which would give you an extra week and a half for delivery time.

>slavlands
So attach a different cooler with zip ties. Isn't that how the rest of your country is held together?

Buy a Noctua. I just ordered my AM4 kit for my NH-U14S today. They sent me an email saying that it would be shipped out today literally 20 minutes after I filled in the web form.

Alternatively, get a cooler which uses the stock plastic AMD mounting bracket. Those don't need any compatibility updates. Only coolers with their own backplates require one. Something like the Arctic Freezer Pro which just clips on will work fine out of the box.

>140w tdp
i thought this shit was 95w

Get the EVGA CLC that came out recently and is really good

That's the max TDP the cooler can support. It means it's specifically designed to overclock those fuckers. Same as the Spire is rated for 95W and bundled with the 65W CPUs

Does anywhere actually sell the 1700x with the cooler? No site ive checked has it

>what is overclocking room

Zip ties are expensive. It's held together by elastics cut from old trunks.

do they have leds tho

Might come later down the road, I read some hours ago that those were designed for system builders and not retail (much prone to getting custom/aftermarket cooling solution when it comes to a high-end platform) but I guess it shouldn't take long for those SKUs to start appearing in Amazon and other e-retailers some days after the official launch like the OEM copies of Windows.

Besides, at this point it's a little bit stupid to preorder something unless it's from Amazon where you don't pay a cent until the product has been actually delivered, as benchmarks and reviews will tell us in less than a week if it's actually worth to go for the X versions or if the regular 1700 OC'd is good enough. I'm waiting to see precisely if the 1700 easily goes up to 4GHz or not in order to go for it now or wait for the 1600X, which reaches it as standard boost.

Inte'ls next cooler will include LEDs for this exact reason

All 1700s come with a cooler. It's only the 1700X and 1800X that don't. You'll notice on the graphic that both SKUs are covered. OcUK have a box pic up with the cooler on the side.

overclockers.co.uk/amd-ryzen-7-eight-core-1700-3.70ghz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-39x-am.html

ye but the pic says 1700x gets the Wraith Max where is that shit

Only for OEMs.

It says that the lower SKU gets the Wraith Max. As mentioned, that's only for system builders right now. They're not being sold at retail.

Doubt it. Intel's stock coolers are e-waste designed to keep the CPU just a couple of degrees below housefire levels on your usual cheapo badly ventilated OEM/prebuilt case. They're not wasting a single cent more than strictly necessary on them.

Incidentally, if you can get your hands on one of the original Wraiths that were sold with the 8370, it'll work perfectly fine with Ryzen. It's just a clip-on design, so doesn't need any tweaking for the new socket. It's identical to the Wraith Max, save for only having a white LED instead of an RGB one.

Of course, why you'd want to do this instead of just buying an aftermarket one is another matter...

I want an AMD cooler on my AMD CPU in my AMD powered PC with an AMD SSD and AMD RAM.

>Only reason I can think of

No AMD case?

I though that AM3 and AM4 had differently spaced mounting brackets due to Ryzen chips being bigger but fiddling around in Photoshop, they look like almost exactly the same. Will have to check that stuff up...

Gross

do those make more noise than the stock cooler on intel i5 2500k?

No. At the very east the will be noisy as fuck just like all

wraith is better than evo 212

>mfw Ryzen coolers have screws instead of clip shits

they very quiet, they have a test vid on their jewtube channel

This. Wraith Spire will be kinda meh, OK for boxed cooler but not replacement for aftermarket one.

do you guys think that the higher end APU's will come with collers like this?

Most likely.

awesome. now I`ll just have to wait for the ITX boards to come out

>Stock coolers are only for system builders

DELET THIS

>yfrn

It's not just that though it's also additional headroom so the cooler doesn't have to kick on under normal conditions. The cooler should run nearly silent under normal loads and only need to kick on when the chip is being pushed close to its max.

X series processors won't because of the logic of "they are for big overclocks, buyers will want aftermarket coolers for them anyway."