"Google fights online trolls with new tool"

>Now Google is zeroing in on the problem. On Thursday, the company publicly released an artificial intelligence tool, called Perspective, that scans online content and rates how “toxic” it is based on ratings by thousands of people.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/02/23/google-fights-online-trolls-with-new-tool/

So this is what m00t has been working on

all you have to do is use words in different context to break this. who wants to use google services as racial slurs?

Did they get inspiration from South Park?

the creators said it was getting harder to satirize modern life.

>it is based on ratings by thousands of subpeople, aka. SJWs
This is exactly why my next phone is going to be GNU/Linux based.
Fuck google.

What phone do you have in mind, user?

and that's it, I'm using bing instead.

either good old nokia n900, neo900 or n9

If I own a company, why do you think I'm obligated to pay bandwidth and storage costs for your comments? Why do you think people are obligated to provide you a platform with which to shitpost?

I, for one, am excited. Maybe Sup Forums will attract more female users if sexist comments are no longer tolerated.

I for one am excited as well. Maybe those female users will appreciate more innuendos. Now, we just need a way to find out if a user is female. Hard to be fully user if we can find out gender.

Sup Forums is 50/50 female/male. Prove me wrong.

This is how the CIA wants to destroy us

Are you a female? Could you tell me what you smell like?

there are too many trannies on this site

So "toxic" means anything the media doesn't like right?

Most likely.

Salty milk with coins.

Yep, bunch of thin-skinned special snowflakes that can't handle the bantz.

>Nearly half of U.S. Internet users say they have experienced such intimidation; a third say they have resisted posting something online out of fear, according to the nonprofit Data and Society Research Institute. Women, particularly young women and women of color, are disproportionately targeted.

How would 'bullies' know that the other person is a woman or a black woman over the Internet? Makes no sense. I think that it's because women and blacks are less intelligent, and therefore more prone to saying stupid shit.

with billions of websites im sure you can find somewhere else to shitpost

people who change things like this really get hit hard by the not relevant bug and no one remembers them in a year

Literally the Alt Right

these nu male betas cant stand anything that isnt hugbox approved.

Good Google, fight with trolls, like Thor did!

>perspective scans Sup Forums for toxicity
>out of memory error, returns 110% toxicity value
Can't wait to see what ratings this retarded AI will return.

because these are the buzzwords they know they need, in order to pass this censorship. it makes plenty sense
if you say blacks and women are victims, you get your news spread further!

then they can sell this tool to the saudis, and be the cause of a vicious, ruthless, savage, dangerous, rounding of dissident citizens who will quickly be executed for shitposts against the state.

whaaat?
this past year has given them more material then ever before.
fucking sjw cucks, they can't even realize the hilarity all around them.

>CIA
lol cia
not
>asians
the cia is already deeply in power, unless trump has them pissing their corrupt boots, i'm blaming this on the chinese.

the chinese are the ones committing genocide even today, so they'd love a means to further censor their internet. but with this, they can use their "privately" owned companies and their respective web pages to get away with further censoring the internet.

Sup Forums is 100% cute anime girls.
I don't need evidence, I have imagination~

Sup Forums is 50/50 female(male)/male*

/thread
there are no girls on teh internetz

u know what ai means don't you?

Mark my words:

g00gl has learned from Tai AI and wants to "sanitize" the internet. And this will eventually be the end of free speech as we know it.

> rates how “toxic” it is based on ratings by thousands of people.

Where were you when America died?

free speech died when
>hate speech
>anti holololcaust
laws were put into effect.

In Europe, which has been dead for a while now.

Are you retarded?

They're saying that the satire they usually create is becoming a reality, hence they can't write episodes because it'd just be a history lesson.

Sup Forums had the same idea a long time ago, using "google" everywhere instead of "nigger"

It was a psy op by Google to get them into censoring themselves while at the same time promoting their services for free. They all fell for it like retards.

>They're saying that the satire they usually create is becoming a reality, hence they can't write episodes because it'd just be a history lesson.
have you never seen their episodes?
it's always about current trends, and the ones that aren't are about future trends.
(go watch the great wall episode, it's hilarious, and almost as if they came from 2016 to create the episode it hits the nail on the coffin)

>Lennart
wtf i hate systemd now

Free speech died long before Holocaust denial laws were in place. Countries that have Holocaust denial laws never had a strong tradition of free speech.

that's not true tho

Why does this just sound like censorship

>create a huge website full of trolls
>start working for a corporation that fights against trolls
brilliant

>yfw SJW propaganda gets rated as toxic

THISS, they even create "raids" against other websites, which this software is built specifically for fighting.
so similar to anti virus programs..

>we don't need that, who would create a virus to destroy my hardware?
>oh the same assholes who are trying to sell the anti malware programs are the same ones spreading the malware to begin with
history plz, stop repeating yourself, i dnt want thousands of years of slavery.

So, there is some guy at Google feeding the AI with words and phrases like nigger, faggot, 1488 heil hitler, jews did this, gas the kikes, hitler was right, bush did 9/11, etc?

I'm assuming "thousands of people" are getting fed random phrases it picks up online and rate their "toxicity" from 1 to 10 or some shit. Then when it has enough ratings it starts to sort this shit out itself.

wow you think google would hire someone capable of such dirty tricks.

ofc they wait to make this shit just on the eve of new amd crap being released and spammed everywhere, so it can quietly float under the radar.
until bam, you're all fucked.

I agree.

Kek'd

Yeah it is. Most European countries never had free speech in the first place.

Goddamnit

I know you're trolling, but I for one am excited because hopefully this new feature will help keep normalfags away from this site.

All this type of blatantly anti-right wing censorship in mainstream social media under the guise of "anti-trolling" will do is cause anyone affected by their shadowbanning, or anyone who just hates the idea of their data being tracked and analyzed for its political correctness quotient, to just leave and create their own alternative places for communication. And those places, for the very reason of their founding, will only serve to incubate and amplify hatred for the new controlled mainstream. All they're doing is instigating and galvanizing their opposition, and ensuring the tolerance gatekeepers will be even more surprised when the hordes they banished from their echo chamber come back angrier and more numerous than ever.

Its too late though. You're already here.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU

If a company is large enough that could be classified under public domain due to the size of the forum. Freedom of speech is a desired moral principle regardless of 1st amendment protection.

>half of us Internet users
how can they say that? I'm pretty sure this entire site has not heard of the poll they did with the entire us Internet population.

It is well established that Munroe has no understanding of Enlightenment thought. Free speech is the idea that you should hear people out instead of shutting them up. "Toxic speech" and "hate speech" are both very vague terms, under which lots of things might fall. Furthermore, by doing this Google will be able to access all of the user data of major websites. All of this is perfectly within their rights, of course, but then so would the executives firing everyone.

What a bunch of faggots. If only there were some way to tell them what faggots they were being...

>Women, particularly young women and women of color, are disproportionately targeted.
D R O P P E D .

This, companies like google and facebook got as large as they did by presenting themselves as a free highway for communication, and now that they're approaching a monopoly on online communication, they're moving ever closer to cracking down on anything they don't like. Just because they technically have the right to do so doesn't change the fact that you should be concerned that the companies that control most of our avenues of modern communication are starting to filter what voices are and aren't allowed to be heard. Randall is a fucking SJW shill and the "nerd community" that he claims to represent should have no respect left for his gay stick figure comic.

No, the CIA is trying to psychologically torment us into submission with hate speech. During the bush era they accused everyone of being a terrorist accusations and now it's bigotry accusations because far left is cool.

I've noticed Google won't spell check racial slurs.
Or even suggest any word close to it.
Is Google already doing this?

This is a fantastic idea, I hope they implement this so that less people will come here. If Sup Forums is a s "toxic" as possible then regular people will avoid it.

And if it's banned by google, redditors and twitter normalfags won't come here either because this is the epic meme shitposting website.

If I don't use Google why should I care?

So soon enough I'm going to get banned from Internet same way I got banned from League of Legends because I'm unhappy with the retardation of your average user? Is Google trying to find me a new hobby?

The days of meme spouting are over. The influx of new users killed that. The board culture of each board is just barely there anymore. If Sup Forums stops showing up in search results do to being to "toxic" there will be less users who have no idea what board culture is. This will allow the ones who are already here to either adapt to the board or to leave due to the "toxic" rating.

TLDR;
I miss 2007 Sup Forums.

There used to be a central identity, but thanks to reddit everyone thinks each board is separate from each other and there needs to be a million niche boards.

Google is the new Yahoo

There was an overall culture and feeling of unity. Each board still had it's own subculture though. The feeling of unity went first and board culture is nearly gone. It's like watching your childhood friend being raped and there's nothing you can do about it. They say NTR is the thinking man's fetish but I want off this ride.

So leave. Duh.

le old fag is mad. :)

I always used to laugh at "You're here forever." It was just another silly meme. I've been here for twelve years now and realize that with every passing year that silly meme became true. There is no leaving. There is no moving on. You are here forever.

> Furthermore, by doing this Google will be able to access all of the user data of major websites.
I'm surprised you're the only one in the thread to mention this. Also see 'Earlier this month, Twitter — which has developed a reputation as a playground for abuse — launched new tools to cut on trolling. The company said it would begin retaining more user data as part of an effort to prevent people who have harassed other people from deleting their accounts and then reemerging under a new username. It also said it was tweaking its algorithms to flag certain tweets as “potentially abusive or low-quality.”' This is Google and friends trying to make a grab at more data than ever before under a guise they know their SJW userbase will not only tolerate, but celebrate. Now they don't have to (openly) limit themselves to data that plausibly has optimization potential, they can keep whatever data is remotely related to collecting statistics on trolls and keeping them off the internet (profile data on perspective-enabled forums? real name and address data so John Trollington can be kept off twitter? Maybe even places of employment, you know, so we can know what fields are the most "toxic"?)

>It's like watching your childhood friend being raped and there's nothing you can do about it.
So basically the same as living in Europe/the West? (Honestly, the parallels between the fall of Europe and the fall of Sup Forums are eerily similar. Hordes of newcomers drown out the pre-existing culture, and then them and their trendy enablers openly mock anyone who holds onto it. Immigration kills.)

>under public domain
That's not what public domain means, holy shit you're retarded

Do the people at Google know a curry nigger is running their company?

Once you become a public commons you are obligated to allow free speech on your platform. Especially if you're a corporation enjoying legal protection from individual liability. Plus the DMCA only gives safe harbor to neutral platforms in the US. If you curate content you lose your legal shield for copyright violations.

sounds more like asian propaganda to me tbqh.
cia has so much money and bully power already

>bases itself on rating by "thousands of people"
>applies will of thousands upon millions
so like an oligarchy for comment sections?
at what point "black" becomes offensive? could "black nigger" be more or less offensive than "white nigger" or "yellow nigger" or "purple nigger"?
at what point does "toxicity" becomes more offensive than "nigger"?

Moot's final solution to fight Australian shitposting.

Wow, maybe stop being a racist?

>Internet users say they have experienced such intimidation; a third say they have resisted posting something online out of fear,
I don't know what's worse. People who think they've been targeted. Or those that think they should be protected from inane comments.
>experienced such intimidation
So they questioned a bunch of high schoolers for this?That sort of thing 'rarely' happens outside of that demographic. And when it's not that, it's because of ghetto problems. Becky lemme smash.
Either case, they've never been truly targeted by the internet and need to drink a glass of concrete and harden the fuck up.
Example on the extreme end would be the pool's closed incidents.
>a third say they have resisted posting something online out of fear
This has become a ever persistent problem. Not because of backlash, but not speaking up only gives favor to the problem you're trying to address.
Fuck, sometimes you cant even toss out a obvious response to something without it becoming an issue these days.
Pic related

That should have been obvious it was coming. but got triggered by it anyways.
Even without his name it would have been said.
Would people be so enraged by what they see on the net if we were all Anonymous?
It's what keeps me here. I don't have to stress about stepping on toes. Because it doesn't matter. There's no 'relationship' building here in order to be heard.
You say something abhorrent one thread and that's where it ends. You can go on without becoming a pariah. Sure you can still hurt feelings with what you do. But the tired response of 'you're no better' as a defense can't exist. They have to face the reality of their own problem.
With named media it's always a popularity contest. Who can suck the most dick at once without getting cum in their hair. It just all seems so fake, and plastic.

no, john, you're the racist

you post on the internet?
that's toxic.
individual opinions are worthless.
only pre approved and AI messages will be all you can see, as if having that shit for articles (which are really just ads majority of the time anyway) wasn't enough.

>hurr durr he uses mean words, muss b a rasssist cause it hurted my feelwangs.

I hate Google so much.

and then john was a nigger

google = nigger. start using the names of companies instead of flagged words and see how easily they filter that.

Example: I saw a google on the bus the other day, what an eyesore.

>giving them free advertising
kill yoself senpai.

>I miss 2007 Sup Forums.

You mean when the influx of cancer started? Why?

every time I see nostalgiafag posts like that, the "cancer" year gets pulled further back

probably gonna be 2005 soon

>newfags don't even remember 1995 when Sup Forums was at its peak

2007 was the last great year so it makes sense actually, also 2005 was one of the best years so there is nothing wrong with stating that.

I think it's a cool idea, not to mess up the algorithms for Big Gender-Neutral Sibling, but if you could actually convince SJWs that "google" is a racial slur for black people. It would work even better if you came up with some semi-plausible explanation for it (i.e. it's what teh evil elitist computer nerds call black people because they have to google all their computer problems instead of gitting gud). Imagine BLM and mainstream news websites making a big fuss that the name of the internet's biggest search engine is the same as a racial slur. With how much the nu-execs in charge of Google want the approval of the SJW crowd, maybe Google would even change their name and two-decade old brand to avoid triggering and oppressing People of Color. It's a huge long-shot, but there was a coffee chain in my state that had to change their name because Mexicans and college students started complaining that their name was a racial slur ("Beaner's", as in coffee beans, but god forbid people in a northern state not knowing every slur for illegals).

>tfw started lurking in 08
sucks but had some good laughs regardless