Hey Sup Forums, I just got my BlackBerry Classic in the mail, this thing is comfy as fuck...

Hey Sup Forums, I just got my BlackBerry Classic in the mail, this thing is comfy as fuck. Does anyone know of a good Sup Forums app I can sideload that is known to work with BlackBerry?

Other urls found in this thread:

cobalt232.github.io/playstore/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sup Forums app
>shitposting frmo your phone
kys familam.

>implying the Sup Forums apps on android don't have millions of downloads

Nothing wrong with phone posting, for some it's our only option for browsing at work

No. Nothing works on BB10 sadly.

Just download the Clover apk and install.

The classic is my dream phone, but it looks quite big in your hands and it scares me desu

Also yeah, just sideload Clover and install it, it should work fine AFAIK.

That's not my hand desu

But yeah it's like the size of an iPhone

Is the screen touchscreen?

Which Iphone?

Yes

>tfw torn between waiting for the next flagship Blackberry or the Surface Phone if it's real

Recently gave up my BB Passport.
I missed being able to have real applications.

Here's an earmark for a dying OS -- The Facebook app doesn't work. It just opens up a browser with Facebook opened in it and directs yo to the mobile site. Same for YouTube.

So android it is

iPhone 7, I have both side by side

I don't think there's a native one, Clover for Android works.

The browser is the YouTube app. You can play videos with the screen off, play them in the background, and skip ads with it.

Clover works well.
Most applications work pretty damn great once you get cobalt.
You'll never get snapchat working.
Native Facebook apps exist.

What is cobalt?

cobalt232.github.io/playstore/

Neither is even close so don't stress too much over it. BBs last phone wasn't a flagship but it was pretty meh.

Google doesn't make their apps work in any OS other than Android, they only support iOS because they HAVE to. I use the browser on my phone for those anyway.

There are 2 versions of the Iphone 7 tho, and I've only seen the smaller one which I still find pretty big.

Oh neat, do you know if I can install and run those files from my BlackBerry or do I have to download them on my PC and move them over?

Clover should work fine then! Give it a try.

It's definitely too big for you if you want a blackberry the size of the bold or some of the older models. It's a bit shorter and a tad wider than a standard iphone 7, not the plus

Blackberry can run APK files no problem.
So you can just download them and run.
You may have to allow applications from other sources though.
If it requires google services then problems start.
crackberry has a lot of patched apk files as well.

Awesome, thank you!

You can use the patched android youtube app on bb just fine.

But honestly you are better off using the browser. The official youtube app is absolute dogshit.

Can you put Firefox on BB? If so, do that.

Yeah I agree.
Firefox works great on bb10. You don't need to patch it or anything.

In case anyone doesn't know, BB10 comes with the Amazon app store, and there's a few Sup Forums apps there, including Mimi

The default browser should be good to browse Sup Forums. Also you can rename images on the fly like you can do on a desktop plus if you don't want mobile pages to load go into options and turn on desktop mode. Also just because it has Android 4.3 runtime, it will not work with Google Services. The Android apps run in a sandbox and sometimes don't work properly. Other than that make sure you password it and encrypt the phone. If you have not installed BB Blend on your desktop you have failed in life. Don't use colbalt or any shady apks. hide.me is one of the few VPN's that will work with the Classic. If you got a blue or white one you are a giant faggot. I own a SQC100-4

After a few hours I'm actually loving the native BlackBerry browser

keep in mind even though they don't make BB10 devices anymore they will have at least a few more updates.

Yeah I'm aware. I did after all buy a phone made in 2014. I still love it. And who knows, we may still see bb10 phones in the future.

Guys, I love this phone. It's soooo /comfy/

I haven't felt this way since my iPhone 4s

Where did you got it? Amazon doesn't have any brand new ones left. Not unlocked at any rate.

From a reputable ebay seller, shipping was lightning fast and it was wicked cheap because the back camera doesn't work, but I'm replacing that myself

It already came with a Sup Forums app

It really sucks if they aren't making them anymore.

If I buy one trough contract it gets unlocked after a while right? :^(

Blackberry really does make great phones.
I'm still conflicted about the move to android.
BB10 is real comfy.
I think you can get them unlocked after a certain period.
The Blackberry "Mercury" Will be coming out soonish so if you want the latest and greatest you should probably hold off.
Also the only phone manufacturer with physical keyboards which are godly

Idk man. Something tells me it's going to be an upgraded version of the Priv.

Which don't take me wrong, I haven't tried it myself, and it seems pretty cool, but it also looks very unbalanced when the keyboard is extended, and not nearly as comfy as the Classic.

I hope the community keeps BB10 alive if BB themselves end up bailing on it, which I hope they don't, since privacy and security are the main things BB was always concerned with.

It'll either be really good or really bad.
I'd be happier if blackberry made their own fork of android and brought back what they do best.
With proper hub integration.

Design seems pretty much like the Priv except now the keyboard doesn't slide, it just stays where it is.

I hope it does well so the company can continue to exists, but i'm still more interested in the Classic.

Priv owner here

> looks very unbalanced when the keyboard is extended

Not really an issue, I've never dropped it or felt any more stress on my hands than I would when it was close while using the keyboard

> not nearly as comfy as the Classic.

Yeah, this is true, the keys feel shallow and too small. Honestly, I only whip out the keyboard when precision is a priority (say, important emails)

I love my Priv, but at the end of the day it's just an Android slab with a passable keyboard. Also, battery life was ass when it was released, took a lot of patches to get it up to 1 1/2 days. Don't forget, all BBs after the Priv are licensed partnerships not 100% engineered by Blackberry

I'm convinced the Passport was the last true BB though, if I hadn't gotten used to Android by now I would have bought one during their "flash sale" a few days ago.

>looks very unbalanced when the keyboard is extended
A lot of people think this. You have to think, most of the phone stays in your hand, you're just sliding the screen itself up and down.

Those are the type of plastic glasses you get in a kids cereal box
Why do all kooks have similar sense of style?

It's excellent minus lack of adblock, memory issues, and usually no crash recovery.

Are all the apps on the Amazon playstore compatible with BB10?