Google Sign-In

I can't be the only one.

Around 8:38 this morning (2.5 hours ago) I had to re sign-in to my google account, despite having changed nothing. Searched online about it, found nothing. Thought it was just me until my dad's phone showed the same message.

Is this a normal thing that happens? Can't remember thr last time it occurred.

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1139
productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/voice/VzUWmBOybgA/MtYSA4F9BQAJ
productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/CrZ_KHTRnpE
talkphotography.co.uk/threads/is-this-a-phishing-scam-on-my-gmail-com-account.648136/
productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/chrome/CCyXb_tz_tU
shattered.it
shattered.it/static/shattered.pdf
security.googleblog.com/2017/02/announcing-first-sha1-collision.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody cares fuck off idiot

ur NGGR LMAo\\
KYUS

Had the same thing 20 mins ago

happened 2 me 2

You mean you're always logged in?

really? who gives a fuck

happened to me today, around 1 hour ago

u got haxxored bud

Same here. Can't figure out why.

Same thing to me as well

Yup I got it as well

I got a message on my Android phone saying that there where "changes" in my account and that I must log-in again in order to keep using my phone.

Again, nothing shows up in the Internet. Maybe they changed the EULA?

saym

Like, I can understand this logout from a security standpoint, like yeah, people should re login themselves from time to time. But why globally all at once? Wouldn't it make sense for it to be staggered and spread out over several weeks?

Whoops, wrong pic.

"There was a change in your Google account. For your safety, log-in again." Or something.

Nothing of these "changes" online, though.

I just touch the number that comes up on my phone when I sign in lol
I don't even know my password any more

same, about 2 hours ago
I was kinda freaked out because it's not like I got an email about it and they usually spam me with alerts when I log in from a new device

in the end I caved and after like 10 attempts to log in it worked

no news about it at all, weird as fuck

This.
What the fuck, man

Just botnet things.

Possibly related?

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1139

Happened to me too. Although I found it happening to others in some forums too. And I have no fucking clue what my password is.

But even in accounts, everything says error, preferences, privacy, security it all comes up as "something went wrong try again later".

this literally just happened to me a couple minutes ago, and this is the only place I can find talking about it

I also got this

Happened to me today, but only for one of my google accounts. I have a personal one and a school one and only got the notification for my school one.

Yes

And I couldn't remember my burner password for my phone account

same here

>there has been a change in your google account .. an action is required

what the fuck

only 1 account though and i have like 8

this is what I thought was particularly odd

I got it on my work gmail account earlier today.

Maybe Google was using SHA1 for the password hash? It was just found that you can force SHA1 collisions (like you can MD5).

an easy way to stress test without it looking like a stress test

everything they do is data collection

here they took a large sample, disconnected them, and recorded the data of how long each one took to log back in

how dependent are you on google

This happened to me too, in android and chrome. I have project fi if it's relevant (I found complaints of this in a google voice support thread). A google search led me to this (Sup Forums) page and these:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/voice/VzUWmBOybgA/MtYSA4F9BQAJ

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/CrZ_KHTRnpE

talkphotography.co.uk/threads/is-this-a-phishing-scam-on-my-gmail-com-account.648136/

But yeah, no news.

Nice find, could be.

sure why not

///////////////////////////////////////////

Hi everyone,

We've gotten reports about some users being signed out of their accounts, unexpectedly. We're investigating, but not to worry: there is no indication that this is connected to any phishing or account security threats. Please try to sign-in again at accounts.google.com and if you cannot remember your password, please use this link (g.co/recover) to recover your password.

Thanks,

Amanda | Google Play Community Manager

///////////////////////////////////////////

suure its not security related

everything is fine haha

bump

Maybe Cloudflare?

Link?

productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/chrome/CCyXb_tz_tU

Yeah that's kind of how Android phones operate, full Google integration. I don't think you can even set your phone up without linking a Google account.

Same thing happened with me today op, kind of sick of Google's complete control over my phone to be honest. If I check my email from a different computer (like at work) I have to have my phone on me or I can't log in.

Whatever huge hack which has hit Google doesn't appear to have affected me. Nothing to report here.

yeah sure thing Mr. Xi Haqu

>I believe Google unquestionably when they say "nothing to worry about :^)"
Assume the worst. There's not reason not to.

I got this on both chromium and my android phone...

Good to know there are a significant amount of others

>NSA had to reboot their gmail appliance

Can Sup Forums make fake news too?

Like, perhaps we spread a rumor like this ?

You mean their gmail bot farm, next time they need to reboot their twitter and facebook bot farms for another arab spring both will go down for a day at least.

If you need your phone to log into your computer, that means YOU set that up, man.

Also, flash a custom ROM without play services if it bugs you, you cuck.

All you need is a website that passes the literal barest muster possible.

Isn't it enough to make a simple Twitter account and then have people retweet it making shit like that up and just have "journalists" act on it like per usual?

You can't sell ads on a Twitter account though. You don't want to profit while you sow discord? Cuck.

Same.

But user, I thought we do it for free.

Google also asked me to sign-in on my phone... what could happen?

>what could happen?
The beginning of the end. Ever seen Mr. Robot? It's kinda like that. Trust me, I'm one of the guys involved.

Screencap this for when the news get out.

Happened to me too around about the same time today

we r legion

edgy meme lad

Happened to me too, but what's surprising is it asked me for only one account

Same. Was it the cloudflare hack?

I still can't sign into my Google account. No YouTube no Gmail no sync nothing.

I live in Germany.

probably. Thats what Chromium said:

It's not related.

Do know evil.

Got a weird error message on thunderbird
"The current operation on 'inbox' did not succeed.
The mail server for account [email protected] responded : Unknown command o101mb25561544wrc."

Confirmed unrelated, read the fucking comments.

Uncanny.

Happened on my father's phone (on mine, not yet) and lectured him because I thought he did something stupid. Now I feel bad. Thanks Google.

Happened to me about 1:30 EST. Kind of weirded me out. I've never had that happen before.

Happened to me on only one of my accounts.

yep
thunderbird still not working

Dunno I was signed off for about three days so I did not notice anything special.
Maybe they updated the botnet so they restarted something.

Google account OAuth tokens stored by third-party apps that use Cloudflare could have been exposed. It's weird, too, since it also deauthed every app I was signed into, including Google Apps Script. It seems that something on your end went through every request you had in that data sample (and Google's cache), invalidated tokens if it found any, then prompted the user to sign in again."

>didn't happen to my roommate
>he can't use Gmail or YouTube

No. Nothing happening on my phone, no message or "re-login" confirmation. But I'm not retarded enough to integrate Google Acc into it. Yalp Store is enough.

Maybe they reset something? I also had to sign back in.

It happened to me as well, had to re-login on my phone

I think it was this. Between the time that the sha-1 post got popular and well before the cloudflare ipsec was leaked, I got this on my phone and Thunderbird.

In the shattered.it post, it says all Google services that could possibly be affected are protected from sha-1 (like Gmail).

Saw quite a few plebs on campus complaining about this after I read the sha-1 collision papers.

Me too

Many of the people who worked on the SHA-1 attack *work at Google*. There's no fucking way they'd disclose it before fixing their own systems. Google also doesn't use CloudFlare. It's unrelated.

Full disclosure doesn't come out for another 90 days. Why not take the precaution now?

As for the CF troll: l2reading comprehension.

>Full disclosure doesn't come out for another 90 days
What? shattered.it/static/shattered.pdf

Didn't mean to say disclosure but the source:
>Following Google’s vulnerability disclosure policy, we will wait 90 days before releasing code that allows anyone to create a pair of PDFs that hash to the same SHA-1 sum given two distinct images with some pre-conditions.
security.googleblog.com/2017/02/announcing-first-sha1-collision.html?m=1

samefag
it didnt wwork because i had disabled cookies in thunderbird
now thunderbird/gcontacts sync works