Java

I'm thinking of learning Java to improve my resume.

Is it a good language for hobbyists, or is it just a corporate cuck meme language?

the latter. if you're used to anything else you will feel crippled by its object-oriented bullshit

Sup Forums doesn't have a job so they don't realize how great it is for your resume.
Yes, pursue,

>object-oriented
>bullshit

nigger, isn't OOP pretty much the most import paradigms in all of programming? Or are you a haskell cuck?

get fucked faggot.

hype functional all you want but if you actually want to get a job you'll end up coding OOP.

Source: Have a job, write Java

no, you niggers. i'm talking imperative

Exactly. OOP and strict typing in a highly structured language is for actual men. Dynamic typing and procedural/functional bullshit is for little cuck pussybois.

Everytime I meet a python """"programmer"""" I instantly lose any respect I might have had, because I know I could take their job and fuck their wife any time I want to.

public class AbstractConcreteFactory extends CompositeSingleton implements DecoratorBuilderFactory

> shilling this hard for Oracle

how much do they pay you J2EE fucks?

> hurr durr I can't wrap my tiny little brain around basic abstractions and polymorphism boo hoo waaaaa

I don't touch java anymore. API dev in ruby and elixir, moving more towards elixir. feels good man

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs
would delete themselves upon execution.

If you want to work with a bunch of Indian h1b visa holders then Java is a great language to learn

>or is it just a corporate cuck meme language?
Not very elegantly put, but yes. You learn Java to get a job. It is not fast, not beautiful, and definitely not enjoyable... but it is very popular. Want a job? Learn Java. Want happiness? Learn something else.

Wrote java for 8 years, work in a Python shop now. Never, ever, ever going back.

I thought all the pajeets learned c# these days?

Yeah, learn Java. It is pretty corporate, I don't know about being a "cuck meme language". If you want to make money, it's here.

>Java is legacy
Yeah, for the last decade it's been called "legacy code on it's way out". It's not going away anytime soon.

Oh wait this is Sup Forums. Uhh, naww nigguh, just learn Assembly. You're not a real computer user until you've learned it. Also, Rust is by SJWs therefore fuck it.

Only a fool would make fun of Assembly.

assembly is pure truth. everything else is the devil

If you don't know OOP, try out Java just to learn the fundamentals although there are better languages with better libraries.

>Is it a good language for hobbyists, or is it just a corporate cuck meme language?
Corporate cuck meme language, no question.

Java is designed to allow a team of morons to successfully make mediocre software, by disallowing you to write anything of quality that the morons might not understand.

This is a very valid and important use case, and java does an excellent job serving it. There is lots of software that needs to be written in that setting, and corporate shit software is the typical example. But it makes java a pretty shitty choice for any hobbyist work, where you probably want to write GOOD software rather than being hold back by the idiot who may have to maintain it in ten years.

Two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars every year,

Do you, I'll just retire at 35

Gr8 meme dude you really ethered em

java is the number one language for scum sucking pajeets. hmm, wonder why?!? maybe it has the lowest barrier of entry and highest demand.

i never met and indian who could write a line of c, python, or bash but they all love java

fucking lol this dumbass actually thinks python's harder yo learn than Java?

I mean they're both babby langs but the fact that you think that python makes you special is a hell of a meme man.

I'm just saying you don't have to shill it when it takes no skill (literally python) and it has one of the best returns when learning it. There's so much bullshit "enterprise" shit you could COBOL the hell out of java for the next 15 years.

As a fellow java wage cuck i will admit i dont care about any other language because i am really good at java and will only accept java positions until java is kill, which will be never

I mean money is good yeah?

Writing beautiful code is fun and all but it's like playing music it sure as hell's gonna do fuck all for your career

I only get paid 82k but i am in my mid 20s

writing java is more like playing for curling team than doing music

except that there's huge demand and you make a fuckload of money and retire at 35

>average java programmer
>retire at 35
Lol

>retire at 35
>because altzheimers from java
>even fuckload of money can't cure it
>spend next 40 years in mental institutions then die
>java tm

Are you trying to say Java ISN'T for people who make money because the people behind it have too much money?

All those h1b visa holders with their beautiful and unfulfilled wives... Sounds terrible, user.

>2017
>Coding

Pay pajeet to code and sell it for millions.

Trump is supposed to stop this h1b visa shit. Fuckin poojets need to go back

Java is a fine language if you like writing novels.

It's not a good hobbyist language but it's great for distributed backend systems.

Relatively good performance, memory safety, predictable stack traces and good tooling.

>m-muh java is only one good for jobs
well, I mean if you're too stupid for real programming then yes, java is the only thing you'll get to work on

op better learn javascript, it's the same as java but more modern version and you will have access to a lot of mature tools and efficient portable technology like node

It is, but Java forces it down your throat more than other multi-paradigm languages.

>javascript, it's the same as java
This meme will never die, will it?

It depends.
It is made for enterprise. That means programming projects that stretches over 10 years.

Thus it makes sense for it to have more scaffolding than say, Python.

In Java you have tools, best practices and libraries to deal with shit you'd never ever need if you were writing small programs.

So if you have a grand project in your dreams you want to make, then Java is a fine choice.

But if your hobby projects are smaller one-off programs like downloading all the lewd images off of /d/ or what have you, Java isn't the right choice at all.

But that's wrong. Java in 2017 is far better than Java in 2007. The community is also changing fast, adopting functional programming ideals from other languages and adopting it to their own platform.

C#, Java... Pajeets learn whichever gets them their Visas. I don't live in the US so I don't have to care about it.

>adopting functional programming ideals from other languages and adopting it to their own platform.
>adopting and adopting
fuck off, java cuck
is your java "programming" as good as your english?

> choosing python over java

you dynamic language cucks are fucking retarded, look at this shit: java is king.

lmao, put the django fags on suicide watch

Java is the name of an island as well as the most popular caffeinated beverage on the planet. Of course it ranks higher than the other 2.

Started programming in Delphi 2 months ago at my job and I love it. It's literally the best language I've seen so far. My fav was C++ before but I want to never go back to this shit. I thought the price for freedom was this that const array char ** and header garbage, but Delphi has none of this shit, it just works.

> le jaba maymay

Because all CS 101 courses rely on Java.

Java is the best general purpose language for sure. However if you want to get shit done, you should use a language specific to the problem that you're solving. Like if you need performance then you should use C++, if you want to write backend you should use Node/Go, if you want to write frontend you should use JS, TS, Dart.

I use Jaav for my technical interviews and programming contests but that's pretty much it now that I think about it. It's a shame because the minute you try to do anything useful in Java, the boilerplate just drowns you.