Holy kek!

easttexas.craigslist.org/sys/5993695430.html

Any delusional CL fuckers in your neck of the woods, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/sys/5987424622.html
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S58844993#p58845038
web.archive.org/web/20130423135225/http://mameui.info/Bench.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I paid $400 for this machine when it was new!!

I've found better machines in the garbage :^|

why the hell do people install 64 bit windows with less than 4gb ram

2nd post best post

Why not?

some programs benefit from newer instruction sets on 64bit os even when less than 4gb ram

because addressing is larger meaning that there is a substantial increase in memory usage and binary sizes

>tfw I picked up a working Dell XPS 420 from the streets for free

And why does that matter unless you don't have enough RAM?

>east texas

dfw has plenty of idiots too

dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/sys/5987424622.html

Literally why not.

Because they don't have enough ram.

You don't know that.

You know instruction sets are a property of the CPU not the O's, right?

what city in east texas are you from?

>this is what half the listings on my local gumtree equivalent amount to
>Every other listing for any tech is asking 2 to 3 times the going price on eBay
All it takes is one person completely undercutting themselves to make it worth checking I guess.

most ads on gumtree are fucking retarded lol, though I have gotten one or two decent deals.

But what instructions the OS actually utilizes based on what the compiler was targeted at is definitely a property of it.

He's still retarded though, it's doubtful anything other than something like Gentoo will be targeted at something beyond the base AMD64 set from 10 years ago for compatibility reasons.

>Any delusional CL fuckers in your neck of the woods, Sup Forums?
all of them.

>perfectly square 15" monitor
>vga only input
>2 inch plastic bezel on all sized
>$100 firm

>shit 1998-2001 suv
>isnt worth 2k in perfect condition
>been rolled several times AND and into a pole
>every bit of glass - BROKE
>every body panel - FUCKED
>$4000 obo

Theres some fag thats been trying to sell a fucking ide cd drive that is tan in color for $20 for the last year or two. Probably longer.

Some fucktard is trying to sell a 960 for the price of a new 1060

craigslist is shit where Im at.

Can you just take out the components and build a regular windows PC in it? $20 doesn't seem bad for such a beautiful case.

Here's your answer.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S58844993#p58845038

There is no reason to use 64-bit windows on a system that doesn't use more than 4gb of memory

All 64-bit does is increase the bus size to support 64 bit aaddressing, obviously software needs to be compiled to support this. That is why 32 bit software works perfectly fine on 64-bit systems, because 32 bit addressing works with the 64 bit bus.

When you use 64 bit addressing the size of addresses increases causing higher memory usage, that is why it is not feasible to use 64 bit operating systems in low memory scenarios

It's proprietary out the ass, you'd have to hack it up and make it look like shit or buy some ugly kit that usually puts a big ass blank steel plate on the back with no attention to the original aesthetic, it's kind of disgusting.

But shit if it doesn't POST anyway figure out what's up with it and part it out on Ebay if it's not some dumbshit issue like dead RAM chips or something, still better than some crackhead melting it down for 1/32 oz of gold.

IDK I'm not really a Mac enthusiast, I wouldn't enjoy dicking around with it to get it to work. I probably wasn't going to buy it anyways, I was just curious. It'd be better off in someone else's hands.

>some ugly kit
>big ass blank steel plate on the back
Why the fuck do you care what the side you will literally never look at looks like? That's almost as autistic as caring about your guts in a case without a window.

Those bastards!

Yeah, it would probably take a bit of effort to get it going whatever route you took, it's not even really that great a case to begin with other than the looks anyway.

Because when doing something in pursuit of aesthetics you should pay attention to those aesthetics. You think you'd be lusting after that case if those engineers and designers shared your attitude and prided themselves in mediocrity?

If you're just going to stuff it in a corner and nobody will see it but you, then it's really a pointless venture anyway and you're far better served by other, far more superior modern cases that offer more expansion, better airflow and a more efficient footprint, and it also keeps another system in circulation that many out there would still treasure just as it is.

>search for t420s
>ALL of them are running Windows
A bit disappointed desu. I thought these laptops were famous among Linux enthusiasts.

Sometimes people use laptops for work.

They are. But almost literally no one actually likes Linux for daily use, so the vast majority of them still run useful operating systems.

It has a 200GB hdd though op. That's why it's worth $200.

Most people selling them on Craigslist probably got them through their job or were otherwise productive individuals that used them as a tool to get work done instead of a MacBook-lite lifestyle device for CS undergrads playing pretend businessman who think bezel thickness correlates with dick size.

I love going to the local scummy car boot sale markets and seeing stacks of CDs with poorly printed labels, and an old chinese lady with a deeply embedded scowl sitting behind the table.

You want photoshop CS4 in 2017? That's your place.

Sold one for approx 100 dollars all i did was installeret a new airport and reinstall OS

>12 year old specs
>that price
I will never understand craigslist posters

>All 64-bit does is increase the bus size to support 64 bit aaddressing
But that's wrong you fucking idiot. Stop giving your opinion without knowing anything.

Protip; workstations were 64 bit long before we could possibly hit the RAM limit.

but that is all it does
there is no performance benefits
workstations needed 64bits for certain use cases

>there is no performance benefits
I... what? Please stop posting, you're making a fool of yourself.
>workstations needed 64bits for certain use cases
Like, you know, extra performance in 64 bit math.

>extra performance in 64 bit math
something that the average desktop user doesnt use

Mame gets a nice 35%+ speedup going from 32 bit to 64 bit when using a x64 optimized version on the same hardware.

web.archive.org/web/20130423135225/http://mameui.info/Bench.htm

Would you just stop posting? That'd be great. You've been wrong on every front in every post so far. Just stop, you were mistaken, accept it.

>A bit disappointed desu. I thought these laptops were famous among Linux enthusiasts.

Why would someone running Linux on their notebook sell it?
Further, why would they sell it on Craigslist when Ebay exists? Craigslist is for ultra-normies with time to waste.

Ebay is better in every way. I don't get feedback from Craigslist and Ebay means no dindus seeking me out IRL. Ebay is perfect for selling notebooks so that's where I sell them.

AMD64 has twice the number of general purpose registers, in addition to being twice as wide.

This, please:
>Would you just stop posting?

What if I want to use 64bit features on a sys with 4GB ram lol

>Why would someone running Linux on their notebook sell it?
Because they think the hardware is too slow and want money to put towards a new computer.

>Further, why would they sell it on Craigslist when Ebay exists?
Personally, I do use ebay because I like the convenience of not having to meet people in person, but they do take a decent chunk of the money from the sale. You can keep all the money (and don't have to pay for shipping) through cl.

Because 64-bit operating systems are more resource-intensive than 32-bit ones, and offer very little advantage other than the ability to use more than 4GB of RAM?
>inb4 no shit

Why the fuck doesn't someone just straight-up make a different panel with ATX/uATX/mITX support AND attention to aesthetic?

best thing i found on gumtree was hd 7970 for $130 aud and i fucked up by forgetting we arranged a meetup at 11am, and i went 2 hours later

see it all the time, people are illiterate about prices and pricing allways wanting big money for they old shit

>Z77/1155
>part of the batch at risk for the SATA degradation issue
>$200 plox
AW YEAH GIRL

Az?

How about being able to run 64 bit software? Is that not an advantage?

>Crosshair capabilities
Take my money

No, this from the Phoenix, Malawi Craigslist.

>brand new
kek

is this a good deal?

2950s are old as fuck

If you want to learn then go ahead. It won't actually be that useful though

reminds me of what i saw the other day

If thinkpads are the strongest laptops, is a house made of thinkpads the strongest house?

>tfw no gf who's into kinky pair programming

>not increasing your address space to make stack smashing more effective.
pleb