Should I wait for Vega?

Should I wait for Vega?
Will it best Jewvidia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rYzc_H9cgqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck makes you think anyone here knows more about it than you do? Literally no information had been released yet, not even a concrete release date.

It will likely be a little slower than a 1080 at launch but improve over time so it'll beat a Titan X Pascal two years from now.

If you can take the wait then just wait. Vega will cause nvidia price drops.

The answer to all "should I wait" questions is yes. You should never upgrade until you absolutely have to

>Should I wait for Vega?
Do you need a new graphics card right now ? If so, no.
>Will it best Jewvidia?
Hopefully. Probably not, though.

If Polaris is anything to go by, it'll be slightly slower than Nvidia in dx11/Vulkan, a bit faster in dx12, cost about the same*, and use more power.

IMO they're so competitive that what matters more is the extra features that they come with. Like if you want a freesync monitor over gsync, go with AMD and vice versa. If you depend on Nvidia's shadow play or whatever it is called, go with Nvidia.

*in the US, sometimes the price difference is exacerbated in different markets

AMD now has ReLive, their Version of Shadowplay

I don't use either feature, so I wouldn't know.

vega 10 will be faster than 1080 oc at a lower msrp

so vega 10 is going to sit between 1080 oc and titan xp

Leaked benchmarks show Vega beating out Titan in most scenarios for about $350, but it forces all tessellation off in all games to save power.

It will also suck your dick and call your mom for you.

Hence buy nvidia as by your post you say amd are 2 years behind

$350. Are you sure , HBM 2 has surely gotta push the total unit price to about $450.

but they can't into simultaneous multi-projection

im wondering the same thing.

I want a gtx 1070 in the next few months and would buy Vega if its beats a 1070 at around 400USD

or if there would be someone nice enough to sell me a used gtx1080 for 400

Vega will beat the 1070/1080s' current perf/$, but Nvidia will likely drop prices later this Spring in anticipation.

Whether the biggest Vega beats the 1080 or 1080 Ti outright at launch, most people at this point expect it to do substantially better a year or so later after AMD finally gets their drivers somewhat in order.

The other wildcards are how much DX12/Vulkan get used for new titles in the near future and if Xbox Scorpio (and maybe PS5) actually exposes more or less full Vega features for new titles.

I think they are trying to get better drivers out for the launch though.I read somewhere that 80% of the people assigned to vega are working on drivers so they have a strong first day release performance mark.

They had 100% of their driver team working on GCN both before and after Polaris's launch and it wasn't really at top form until at least 6 months later.

>Nvidia will likely drop prices
Sure, if by "drop prices" you mean rent you a 1080 for $1.25 an hour.

>Vega will beat the 1070/1080s' current perf/$
Probably

>Nvidia will likely drop prices later this Spring in anticipation
Probably not. When has this ever happened?

AMD beat Intel.

They shall beat Nvidia.

They havent beaten them yet. You are jumping the gun rather hastily.
Until release im not interested in the benchmarked "leaked" information. Last time this happened was the 480 and look what happened there.

>Last time this happened was the 480 and look what happened there.
Some extra power draw?

That and a load of bollocks about how it was as good as a 980ti.
I really do hope these cpu's are as good as theyre making out but until theyre actually out and real world tested I just laugh at the way people think this will be the end of intel.

Intel simply fucked around. Keep in mind that they're still as fast maybe slightly faster. They simply had no competition for last 5 years so they could keep those overpriced tags. AMD simply show how cheap the manufacturing really is and how bad lack of competition is. I don't know what Intel is going to do, they never drop prices which makes me believe they will simply drop dekstop CPUs all together or come back with something much stronger in 2018.

Nvidia is another story. Similar to Intel they didn't have a serious competition outside of low budget gaming for last 5 years but they kept their prices rather fair at least until Pascal when they realized they can get away with a $100 rise in price across the board.

Nvidia is still ahead by every means and if you honestly believe that DOOM running in Vulkan has any reflection on average performance you're rather optimistic. Plus it's not like AMD is really that shockingly cheap when it comes to "budget" GPUs.

Also people keep forgetting that Volta is also coming out and AMD is stuck chasing Nvidia's 2 years old gens.

>for about 350$
>highend
>HBM2

This site really does feature too many low IQ people.

Stupid shilling shit, you make AMD look bad.

AMD is reminding me of Generic Medication companies or Generic anything companies.

The Industry Leader raises the bar and sells their stuff for a high price, then AMD shows up a few years late, once production prices go down, to compete against old products from their competitors.

>Have Dell S2716DG, really like it, uses gsync
>Nvidia GPU isn't strong enough to play newer games 60+ at 1440p
>want to get Vega, but my monitor isn't freesync

doushio

>Nvidia GPU isn't strong enough to play newer games 60+ at 1440p

>what is GTX1080

Stop lying around.

The Vega top model will be more expensive than the GTX1080.

I might get the TI. I've been waiting for the TI since 1080 came out, I might get impatient waiting for Vega.

If you need a card now, buy one that suits your needs now.

Also give me benchmarks at which a GTX 1080 cannot get average 60fps at 1440p maxed out details.

1080 Ti will be maaaybe 15-20% gain over 1080 if we're lucky.
It'll be the 2nd cut-down of GP102. ($5k Quadro = full, TXP = 1st cut-down)

it'll be a great upgrade if you don't already have a 1080 tho

But that's NOT their high end. Their high end model not only can play Mankind Divided at 4k on max settings at a staggering 288 FPS, it will also literally transmute lead into gold.

It will more than pay for itself in bitcoins though. I hear it's nearly 16 times faster at mining than anything that currently exists.

Honestly I'd say no but it's going to get them a lot closer.

Personally I never buy the first edition of a new architecture though

Vega just reminds me of the movie Contact.
youtube.com/watch?v=rYzc_H9cgqM

HAIL TO VEGA!

that movie isn't even all that old but it's like looking at a completely different era

But boy would people act EXACTLY like this though.

LOL, Jake Busey at the end. Dude looks the same today.

>AMD are
Britbong leave