geoffreymetais.github.io/features/vlc-21-beta/

>vlc

I use it! :3

Same

But I am.

Sorry, mpv is already available for Android

The autistic featurelessness of moving works on PC but is absolute shit on Android

>not using VLC on your Android device
Probably because I'm not retarded

Yeah but it's not mature enough for daily use.

I guess. In my case it suits me fine since I hardly ever watch videos on my phone.

So now you can turn your phone into a heater.

Thank you user. I use VLC for NewPipe background playback and for listening to music on my foobar2000 UPnP server. It's great.

fucking finally
"""vlc""" for android is a poor moniker. it's a frontend for android video codecs.

>and for listening to music on my foobar2000 UPnP server
Elaborate please

You can set up a music UPnP server with BubbleUPnP on foobar. I don't have to copy over the FLACs from my PC to my phone anymore if I want to listen to them. Just start foobar2000 and it'll work right away, and the neat thing is since uPnP is universal, any kind of capable UPnP renderer will be able to play from it.

Cool, thanks

Uh-huh. Seen it on desktop. Rendering quality is absolutely retarded.

Also check out Bluetooth audio.

I stopped using VLC on Android because it would stop playing music altogether on short audio focus changes. Is this fixed?

>playing music

Well yeah. Only plebs use VLC for video. I have mpv-android for that.

Last time I tried to use AIMP I really hated the interface, but it looks like they've changed it, so I guess I can try it again, though now that VLC has Android Auto support, I'll probably just stick with it. The other reason I was looking for a new music player was because I wanted Android Auto, but since VLC has it now, I don't really have a reason to keep looking.

VLC for video, AIMP for audio.

I love VLC! Been using for 10 years

Still no fucking Chromecast support. At this point they should remove the "L" from their name.

>Chromecast
Botcast

To be fair, it doesn't make much architectural sense to add Chromecast support to an existing program. When you cast, the Chromecast becomes the audio and video renderer and the phone does almost nothing unless it has to transcode. There's not much point in using apps other than the default Google ones to cast unless you need something that can transcode an odd format to one that the Chromecast can play, but then you're just burning battery for no reason. Convert the video to a format that the Chromecast supports on your PC.

>AIMP for audio.

shit choice.

Blackplayer is better.

Cuck

I don't like that it's called niggerplayer but it actually is better.

Cuck

>contains ads
hahahha. absolute cuck

>He doesn't block Ads on his phone
Cuck

I bought the EX version on sale. I support good software.

What are you arguing about? Neither of this can play files located sonewhere else in file system outside memedia ""library"" search path.
It's just a wrappers around fucking default system api calls, absolutely useless piece of shit.
Use foobar2k its proprietary and looks like ur moms vagina but it's literally one and only thing that can just play music the way it should be.

>he uses hw decoding
lol

Has VLC been removed from fdroid?

I upgraded to a new version of VLC about a week ago.

For some reason, some twitch streams stopped playing in the year+ old version of VLC that I was using and I was no longer able to download a newer version of VLC from F-Droid any longer. Fortunately, VLC are great enough that you can download the package file directly from their website (I don't have Gapps on my Cyanogenmod tablet).

The newer versions are sweet. You can continue playing videos in the background, they don't just shut off like they used to.

No. Just doesn't get updated.

>WinAmp-tier player
>Parussia

It's worse

It's awesome. I use it on desktop too. Best playlist management, nothing comes close to it.

t. poorfag

Coming from a cuck it means a lot.. lol

Can you loop videos? I use MX Player Pro because of the looping function.

Meh, I use mx player because it remembers the "always loop" setting unlike vlc where I have to check it everytime.

Brother

It's a literal turd, no one fucking touches that shit once they have tried it once.

Nice troll

Ma nigga.

MX Player is the best video player.

Can VLC boost audio beyond the video's level or normalize? I look for that mainly.

mx player pro is comfier than vlc on android

>31 Minutos
God-tier taste, user.

We're big time now

nice

Still looks like shit.

>vlc