/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B000TDZOXG
en-us.sennheiser.com/headband-hd-650
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guys how do we save the K712/K7XX?
Those peaks at 2khz, 7khz, around 13khz (not shown in measurments), those bloated low mids, that huge dip at 3khz - what is this?

Everyone who cares already moved to Sennheiser.

In the previous thread I mentioned how expensive genuine replacement earpads for HD600 are... well, I just bought $8 paid from china. Well, I just spent 30 min going through every ebay listing for earpads and noticed that they're all pretty much the same. Same pics, same descriptions... just the prices are different. I think they're all buying from the same factory/manufacturer in china. Anyway, I bought the cheapest pair.

Has anyone bough these chink replacement earpads? How did they work out?

ARE M50 ANY GUD

>I think they're all buying from the same factory/manufacturer in china

Precisely what they're doing.

>Has anyone bough these chink replacement earpads? How did they work out?

Felt kinda scratchy. Not sure if they're real velour.

They're pretty good bassy headphones. Really need to change the earpads though.

>Felt kinda scratchy. Not sure if they're real velour.
Velour is synthetic. There is no such thing as "real velour". I did some research. The might feel different because synthetic material is different or they're not worn in enough.

Also, before buying, I took apart my HD600 and looked at the earpads closely and these chink ones look exactly the same from the back.... same plastic cup, same synthetic backing (that soft polyethylene shopping-bag texture that connects plastic and velour). Either the same factory in china is making genuine Senns pads or chinks have reverse engineered them to a really high degree. Or all these pics are lying and chink pads look nothing like they do in pictures (I don't think that's the case because buyers would say something).

Anyway, I'll report on how they feel in a month when they arrive (I presume that's how long it will take). I fucking refuse to pay >$40 for fucking earpads. I change them 2x a year and don't wanna spend all this money on fucking sponge.

Are there any memory foam earpads for HD600/650? Anyone know?

>I change them 2x a year
That's a very...short time to use the earpads for. Why do you discard them so soon?
>Are there any memory foam earpads for HD600/650?
You can force a lot of things on, none that are really designed that way.

HD600.

Okay I figured it is too childish to wear headphones outside. Guess I'll go back to IEMs however utter shit they sound like.

Stretching guides + morons = ??

What is the point of headphone tube amps?

Seems pretty retarded to drop money on a nice headphone with low distortion only to add some distortion with an amp.

what are the headphones in this pic

trash

>That's a very...short time to use the earpads for. Why do you discard them so soon?
Mostly hygiene. I wear them 8hr+ every day. I also like the feel of new earpads and don't like pancaked ones. I tried washing them but that only cleans them and they never recover the shape.

>You can force a lot of things on, none that are really designed that way.
well, if they cut the memory foam the same way they cut regular foam, it would work. I'd pay $50 for memory foam ones because those would last forever and I'd be OK with just washing them.

Looks similar to
amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B000TDZOXG

Sennheiser HD 25-1

By using an equalizer or headphones that are free of such problems.

>better diaphragm control
No.
>less voice coil mass
No.
>lower noise floor
No.
>lower distortion
No.

Look, we've got a stretching guide following moron.

Stick to your monster cables bro

Just ordered DT990 as a second headphones to have some fun because my HD650 are kinda boring. Did I fucked up?

Sure if you don't post any more pseudoscience here.

What do you think about superlux HD 681?

They're decent. They sound sort of like an open DT770-80. Some say they have harsh treble but it doesn't seem too bad to me.

So somebody here said that the Superlux HD668B were really nice budget headphones. I had gone from a pair of HD201s to slightly uncomfortable 202s (over ear to slightly on ear), and had decided to try something new.

Holy fucking Jesus these things give blowjobs left and right for free. They're so fucking comfortable, the audio quality is fantastic, and the detachable cables make them so they're really portable, if that's your thing. Going from a closed to a semi-open is jarring, though, as I'm noticing that in some songs I'm not hearing some things as clearly, but then picking up on things I hadn't heard before, so it evens out.

Overall, these are a fantastic purchase. I'm considering picking up the alternate pads sometime in the future, but honestly, the amount of comfort these things offer regardless of pads makes me consider skipping them all together. If these things can comfortably fit around my fat head with no squeezing the very first time I put them on, I doubt I can find anything as comfy again.

TL:DR: Amazing, ty

Yes, you don't need more than one pair of headphones that serve the same purpose.

But they have different sound!

not wanting to be a fucking slob like you is not autism. earpads are in a constant contact with skin and they accumulate dead skin cells and breed bacteria. If you're not at least washing them every few months, you're a baka.

Had various senn headphones for 4+ years. Never broke any of them. 600/650 don't break unless you overstretch them. These pics are from retards.

Holy shit get a load of this Sup Forums grade electrical engineer here guys. So knowledgeable he doesn't even know higher Z loads increase damping factor and maximize voltage transfer across variable loads.

You can get different sound with an equalizer.

You aren't supposed to wash the pads. That usually makes them degrade faster.
Lint rollers and a damp cloth, possibly with some detergent, are the way to go.

Within the capacities of headphones.

You can make the HD 650 sound like a DT 990.

HD700 or HD600 would have been decent options...

Are M40s a good first set of closed phones?

>You can make the HD 650 sound like a DT 990.

Good luck doing it the other way around :D :D :D

en-us.sennheiser.com/headband-hd-650 IN STOCK!

>You aren't supposed to wash the pads. That usually makes them degrade faster.
No it doesn't. Water doesn't do shit to that sponge. What degrades them is mechanical agitation so don't put them in a washer and wash them in a bowl with some detergent and gently massage them.

>Lint rollers and a damp cloth, possibly with some detergent, are the way to go.
That won't get rid of sweat/dead skin cells.

I don't think so. We'll see when the 990s arrive.
HD700 a bit pricey, HD600 are the same headphones.

Stretching guides. Morons.

If you're looking for a more fun headphone the HD600 & HD700 are more neutral and "boring" than the HD650.

The foam is not necessarily resistant to detergents used.
Oils bond very well to the adhesive, and loose surface matter are broadly picked by a roller.
In any case, deeper oils are also what you are supposed to use a damp cloth for.

I can't comment on the Sennheiser pads but I've gently washed Beyer pads with detergent and it wrecked the foam inside.

I dont believe its childish, just some headphones are too big to wear outside.

What's a good set of V-shaped cans to try if you've never messed with the signature before apart from EQing?

Nowhere to try headphones where I live, so $100 US is my budget, over ear, open or closed.

AKG K240 velours are less than $10 btw

"Fun" is relative.

I find the result of coloring to be boredom.

Neutral is fun to me.

Why is there so much snake oil when it comes to amps/DACs? What does a $1000 amp/DAC do that a $100 doesn't?

CB-1 or SHP9500s

leaning towards to CB-1, but the build quality has me spooked.

Mine haven't snapped.

I'm not a moron following stretching guides, overstretching my phones, and snapping the headband. I just wore them normally for a few days and they became comfortable.

Gotta add extra zeros on the right to differentiate from the riffraff.

Same with phones, really.

you can take a fancy photo of your $1000 amp, post it on reddit and get some upvotes

>Why is there so much snake oil
Because audiophiles are fucking idiots

3/5, they're ok. I find them thin sounding though the bass is nice and warm. Clamps on a little too tight, and the stock pads are not that great. If it wasn't for the tin, thin sounding high end they'd be 4/5 bretty gud

Is snapheissen a meme or is it one fag who keep posting the same thing

>when you buy fakes despite your best efforts

Shut up. Stop spreading misinfo and stop pretending to be an electrical engineer.

pretty sure it's one guy whos asshurt because he snapped his

Are the RE-400 as prone to breaking as people make them seem?

see

>his head is big
sorry you lose the generic lottery, hope you kill yourself and remove your shit gene from the pool

who are you shilling for senpai? can't think of a headphone at that price range that match HD600

All that shilling... kek... buttmad jealous poorfag or just a paid pajeet? I hope you're getting paid because doing it for free means you're mentally ill.

If you're spooked by the build quality, order them straight from Status for the warrenty period or Amazon. If you want open back, there's also the OB-1

>can't shill for any company
>he does it for free

Anyone have an info graph about why muh beats are shit?

Does somebody know how good these sound? Also, I saw a chink version for like $30, I'd like to know if they are worth

they're not shit anymore. they've fixed issues years ago. those graphs are old.

I find that hard to believe

see innerfidelity reviews. Original SOLO's were shit but they fixed that sound sig with SOLO2.

Best budget headphones coming through.

They're a nice NigBass IEM at a premium of 'muh shure'. Link the $30 Chink version please?

Literally no bass

Are you this black? Get 668B's/SR850's if you want more bass

>Are you this black?
From the waist down yeah

What is this?

Philips SHP9500 Open Back

You posted the wrong picture of an HD598se.

>budget
>$150
You certainly have a weird price bracket for budget

What kind of mics do you use with your headphones? I've been using those v-modo boompro and like attachments and they all go to shit within a few months and the mic stop working and just outputs the speaker audio instead of your voice.

my head is fucking huge, and i have yet to fuck up my sennheisers from the 90's.

they are just fucking meatball heads.

Too dumb to post the whole link, but this is the site I saw them:
dhgate
They look very similar

I bought mine on sale for like $60 ages ago

Goes for much lower than that.

Hell, the HD600 is currently $150.

Where at, user?

First I had a Zalman clip om that worked just fine the some Soonhua desk mic. It just werks

Those aren't M40x

nevermind, mistake.

They comfy

Hey goiz I need new headphones the ones i have are fucked.
>replacable cables
>slim and light
>modular, if somthing breaks i want replacments
>cheap

I dont mid if there is somthing DIY

>inferior version of reddit meme headphones
>good

user is right, that shit happened to mines and the thing is that puting glue does shit.
I tried to fix them with a metal plate but the comfy efect was lost :(

How much should I spend on earbuds for the ipod classics with most music playing at 192 kbps, and what pairs would you guys recommend?

>this akg shill again