overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/amd/amd-socket-am4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

obviously the hyper 212 if you're a poorfag

>irreplaceable fan
>shitty plastic mounting hardware
I'll pass

am4 wraith

sage

That is not shipping with the 1700x and 1800x where ever I look.

>irreplaceable fan

They sell replacement fans for £2.99 on their website.

arctic.ac/uk_en/spare-fan-freezer-7-pro-rev-2-freezer-7-pro-freezer-64-pro.html

The mounting hardware is only plastic for Intel setups too. The AMD one uses metal clips. I used to have an earlier model of it on my Phenom II system. It served me well for five years before I upgraded the whole system, even on an overclocked, overvolted little 125W housefire.

The Wraith Max is only for system builders, so enjoy buying a prebuilt to get your hands on one.

Im gonna stick this on my 1700x when it arrives.

For the 20 bucks it costs? Doubt it. Have one slapped on my 3570K and I can reach stable 4.2GHz effortless

Ok, the fan is cheap but the plastic mount stuff for Intel still kills it for me, I'm not trusting any tower cooler without at least a backplate.

>The Wraith Max is only for system builders.
Got a source for that, because I'm 100% sure it's wrong and made up.

OEM Windows is only for system builders, it ends up on Amazon anyways

>already supports am4
so does a hundred other coolers

Many need new mounting kits.

oh noes.

>not h100 variant

Granted OEM Windows is somewhat different than retail. Its fixed to the motherboard along with Microsoft's empty threat to deactivate Windows on people's PC that use the OEM key for themselves.

It's really not a very big tower. A lot smaller than the NH-U14S that I replaced it with. Still, it was a good and quiet cooler. I never even replaced the pre-applied thermal paste on it in those five years, which influenced me to buy a tube of MX-4 for my new cooler (which also works great).

Sure, pic related, friend. The top SKU for the 1700X and the 1800X, which comes without the Wraith, is the retail SKU and the one which is being sold. The owner of OcUK, the biggest UK parts retailer, also confirmed that there's only one version of those chips, which comes without a cooler.

overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/amd/amd-socket-am4

You'll note that their listings very clearly state that no cooler is included. Whilst the 1700 does come with a cooler, but a cheaper, smaller one. Maybe AMD will change their minds in the future, but on launch day you won't be able to get a Wraith Max.

Well, good luck with that! I think you're going to be disappointed though.

>150 watts of cooling power

and you think that doesnt?
plus most manufacturers will send you a new backplate for am4

explain

>freezer 7 pro rev 2

Pretty much the silver 5 of coolers. Was the budget choice in it's time, but better shit came out since then, and it fell to the sidelines.

Had 2 of those still. Breddy gud for its time.

read the filename you mong

you can mount 2 fan though or 3 with another fan on top, the one with rubber mount it slide into heatsink weird stuff but works. Pic related it's a standard mount on my old xigmatek cpu cooler.

>blue wire outside
for what purpose

Sure
NH D15
running my 4770k at 4.6ghz
could do 4.7 within reasonable temps given the voltage but chip isn't even stable at 1.46 volts

The Gamaax 400
>Can mount two fans
>Beats 212 EVOs even when it has one fan
>$30
>$35 if you add a second fan, then you get performance like a $70 AIO

Segregation from the other wires of color.
Blue is often associated with police forces which may trigger some persons.

kek

The whole kit is light enough that it doesn't feel like it's going to yank itself out. My current one is in an horizontal build but I had another one in my previous E8400 in a regular tower for years without any kind of problem. I tried AIO kits and other similarly priced tower coolers but I always come back to this particular model because it's not a fucking bitch to install/remove and the price/performance ratio is awesome.

What's this shit? The thing is a fucking mess.

Is it better than 212?

cheap aios are a waste of money and get beaten by air coolers at the same price point
only premium water coolers are worth the money

Not really, the main selling point is that it does almost the same job for half the price and it's easier to install.

Obviously pic related. Got mine for $35. The sink is narrower but wider than a 212 Evo and even with a full sized 25mm thick fan, you can access all 4 ram slots on pretty much any motherboard. Fan is a 140mm fan with 120mm mounting holes. Any 120mm can be used though.

Its the crimped end of the heatpipe. Its where they inject the working fluid under the proper pressure then seal it. Higher-end air coolers have the ends of the heatpipes covered in caps of some kind.

It looks like it was made by unskilled Mexicans, or some shit.

The company is German but I do not know where they are made.

>not buying noctua
>not getting free mounting brackets for new sockets sent to your address for proof of purchase

shiggy diggy

Isn't that plastic shit just going to trap heat there?

Most companies are offering free AM4 brackets. Noctua's service is based though. I emailed them for mine yesterday and they got back to me with a hand-written email saying it'd be sent that day literally twenty minutes after I filled in the web form.

Coolers like the one in the OP which connect via AMD's standard mounting clips don't need anything new though. They're compatible by default, since whilst the width of the screw holes on the board has changed, the relative position of the stock plastic mounting bracket hasn't.

>Name a more based cpu cooler

the thermalright true spirit 140 is the GOAT cooler, Sup Forums is just too stupid to realize it

>$5-10 more than hyper212
>performs as good as NH-D14
>TY-147 is one of the best 140mm pwm fans you can buy

but you dumb fucks don't even know it exists

Anything by Cryorig.
Super fucking cheap, as good as the equivalent Noctua, and the H7 doesn't interfere with RAM slots.

Sounds likely. I could see it work on the push side if it's space well, but on the pull side you'r probably right

Maybe where you live, but here it's just as expensive as the Noctua NH-U14S and not as good. The mounting hardware looks like cheap trash too.

*rattle rattle*

No, look up "fan shroud".

>tfw own a Gamaax 400
>got it on sale for like $30 canadian rupees shipped

I have an Xigmatek Gaia on my 8320 @4.2. It was a steal at $25 when I bought it back in the end of 2012. It's too bad it's out of production, especially the Dark Knight version.

in 09, I regret not getting this over a zalman 9700 (the one with a fan controller that wasn't pwm) because the zalman tarnished heavily over time and was loud as fuck.

You know I've always wondered why it seems like no computer cooling designs seem to make use of ducts these days. I know for a fact removing the shroud from the radator of cars with fans mounted to the water pump can lead to overheating in traffic. High CFM means dick all when the air isn't being directed anywhere.

God yes, i have 2 of them and bought them when they were ridiculously cheap. One of them ended up on my 8c/16t Xeon, and the other ended up on my phenom II. Kinda crap fan though and the fan mounting mechanism is a pain in the ass. Other than that for $20 it was awesome.

I know many high end servers and workstations do use ducting, but for the servers its usually when the CPUs are equipped with "passive" coolers.

The cryorig H7 performs better on the same poorfag budget. 212 has been shilled for so long it's the auto poormans non stock cooler decision.

212 EVO user here since 2014.

>Overwatch on Ultra, borderless
>Planetside 2 on near-minimum settings in a populated zone, borderless
>RIFT on Ultra in populated zone

I can't make my CPU go above 61C. Not even running 11 instances of RuneScape at once will make it warmer.

Love it.

Noctua NH-D15 in bith single fan and dual fan mode

Scythe Kotetsu. Pretty much anything from Scythe would beat this thing for price/performance I'm sure.

> Not buying a cooler with a 120mm fan so you can't replace it easily

It's just a clip and the blue wire has slipped out

>see this 13 hours later on the frontpage
What are the odds

There's always one crimped heatsink end because they make them with one end open to inject the liquid afterward. You can't really see it but the two outside ones are the same on the other side.

what is best thing between hyper 212 and nhd15?
one is too cheap the other too expensive, no middle ground?

I have mugen 4, it can't push air through itself enough with one fan, noticed with new case
gotta repalce it, huge, and effective enough in open case but blocks airflow in R5.

it looks exactly like every other crimped end of a heatpipe. Have you never built a fucking computer before?

Using a Scythe Ninja 4 right now.
These Jap made some god-tier quality coolers.

It's a metal alloy product from Japan. Ofcourse it's going to be the best thing there with only competition from Germany.

how did you install RAM under it? I barely fit not shrouded old RAM under mugen 4

Well, unmounting the second fan, I could probably only work with 2 slots, since the rest is under the cooler.
I'm using HyperX Fury and they fit just fine.

for the price...
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400

does it get loud? thinking if it's worth sidegrading
or bite the d15 bullet

Oh shit

I wouldn't say it's loud.
Considering I'm using it with the fans at full speed, it's quite quiet.

>dbA vs RPM
>not dbA vs CFM

please senpai

Agreed, I also have a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro which is slightly quieter but costs 3x as much.

I have a 212 Evo. Even with my 6600k overclocked to 4.5ghz it never goes above 60C.

been using 212 push-pull since conroe [email protected] to sandy bridge [email protected] now

This. I've yet to try out their higher end ones. Seem pretty good from the benchmarks

I realize this is a total fucking bait thread but ill post my cooler and why i chose it anyways...

Cryorig c7.
-20 bucks...cheap.
-absolutely silent...I doubt any of your coolers will ever get this fucking quiet.
-AMD and jewtel compatable
-low profile and will fit in even a ITX case easily
-still does better than any stock cooler allowing for some overclocking headroom (not bad for something this small)
-Actually gets airflow to my motherboard and cools my shitty msi VRM
-looks good...black and white color scheme goes wonderfully with my cheap ass MSI motherboard

No doubt you guys will shit on my cooler for not being an oversized sideways turbine...but its absolutely perfect for my usage and allows me to overclock to my shitty motherboard to what is sadly its maximum potential, while fitting in any size case and not looking like absolute ass.

so yeah best cooler...for me anyway.

Cryorig is harder to get outside USA. They are nice though.

Yep. 42€ in yuropoorland

that really fucking sucks man...

how the hell does it cost that much? that absolutely blows

20% VAT

~379 SEK ($42) here in sweden
yuro prices will always suck

Now you know why we're poor

20% VAT to pay for those refugees.

Getting raped ain't cheap

You move the fan up slightly.

Scythe Fuma, same performance of the NHD15 at half the price.

holy shit...european taxes are awful.

I guees jobless muslims with no working skills who arent actually capable of contributing whatsoever to your economy dont pay for themselves...so I mean its not like your ever going to reform your broken system or revolt or vote differently...or think a non progressive thought in public...

so yeah it sucks you have to pay more for what small luxeries you have to distact yourselves from the miserable 3rd world hellholes your various countries are rapidly turning into...but you will never do anything to change it.

So just resign yourselves to bending over and spreading your buttcheecks for both the government and mohammed.

I'd say not to forget the lube but im pretty sure lubricant was banned as a hate crime in europe as refugees (invaders...lets be honest here, refugges are legally required to settle in the 1st availiable country by international laws) prefer your anus suffers for thier pleasure...and the invaders get everything they want...at your expense.

huh, looks nice, and comes with two fans in the box

Getting temps of 22 - 30c when idle on pic related.

that

I can't even buy it at all in canada

So what is the best fx compatible poorfag cooler?

Just look a couple posts up and see for yourself.

bump for poor yurofags who need coolers and harsh reality

I'm yurofag, and I just wanted a decent replacement for intel stock cooler for 20€

but there ain't shit

>tfw when brexit means we can change our vat again
>tfw when based government wants to lower vat and has only let 10,000 rapefugess in