>$150

>IBM ThinkPad T60 with IPS
>$120

>IBM ThinkPad X60S with super battery
>$50

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp---15z-laptop-(touch-option-available)-v1v04av-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Many of my computers have IBM (well actually most are Motorola but still, AIM alliance and all) processors

will take into consideration with my upcoming purchase, thanks Anonymous =)

I have an extremely underpowered and slow laptop with an AMD E240 processor. should I buy a used IBM T60 with a T2400 to replace it?

If 32bit doesn't bother you absolutely. If you want something more future proof, get one and pop a T7200 in, they're supported in the T60

Just get a cheap $300 HP laptop with an i5 skylake you idiots

>cheap $300 HP laptop
ok
show me a $300 HP laptop with i5 cpu and IPS display thats bigger resolution than 1366x768

Yeah if you aren't spending at least 500 you aren't getting close

ok
then show me a laptop with any processor or component for under $300 with an IPS display and at least 1920x1080 resolution
I'm waiting

>ThinkPad T60
>IBM
My autism is triggered

I use a Libreboot'd IBM X60 with Void on it. Pretty comfy. It's been running a bit hot though, so I'm gonna reapply thermal paste, and then it went through it's second battery now so I'm gonna order a new 9-cell.

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp---15z-laptop-(touch-option-available)-v1v04av-1

So looks like HP doesn't really offer this but with the business discount from /tpg/ you can easily get a Lenovo computer for this price.

Also easily done with a Chromebook because you are probably using Linux anyways.

What's the problem buddy?

because Lenovo FUCKING SUCKS ASS

>refurbished prebuilts
You have 3 choices
1 Extremely old workstation
2 Modern, but it's a low profile desktop
3 Consumer grade shit
No thanks m8. Refurbished business laptops is where it's at.

Because they sold everything to some incompetent chinks. Fuck this.

My first PC was an IBM 486. It was good while it lasted. It's been all Dell since then.

Sup Forums mindlessly jerking off to them makes me feel ashamed to collect their hardware, you can't even have a real discussion because most of them have no real interest or passion for the tech, they just buy it for the name, meme cred and the "a e s t h e t i c s" and use them as MacBook-esque facebook machine/lifestyle devices

but yes I have lots of their hardware, I really want to get my hands on a good P4+-era pedestal SysX to use for mainframe emulation

I've had two System X and failed to find any graphics card at all that would be compatible. Maybe latest models comes with support but past versions did not.
Even if you did get a card in them, you got to tuck away these beasts in a padded server room anyway because they are loud. The roar at boot is pretty cool though.

If you wanted a real machine get Zbook

IBM stands for:

Idiot
Buys
Memes

IBM

You know it's run by trannies, right?

i'm a fan of HP's Z systems as well, really any of the big workstation vendors all make nice products

>2017
>not using server hardware for a desktop
Why pay $500 for modern consumer shit when you can much better for $150? Thank God for IBM

shit sign me up, maybe if iml ucky one of them will fuck me in the butt

What's the $150 System x you're talking about?

>using shitty server hardware for something it was never made to do when you can buy a workstation that's actually adequately equipped for the use case and doesn't make you look like a tryhard who has no idea what he's doing but just wants to look cool

Where can I get the System X with GPU for $150?

>tfw work for IBM
dude I took the IBM pill so hard I turned big blue

>tfw IBM BladeCenter H came at my work
Didn't have a 240V mains at our warehouse to fire it up, tfw free ECC PC3L-10600 16GB RAM.
Kinda want to ask the boss if I can take a xeon workstation I've built and System X 3690 server for lolz.

Any machines run on 480V?

And you use them for?

I use them as computers. I like them, but I don't worship them, or make retarded shill threads about them, or mention them in every dimly related opportunity.

But I take some of that post back, I'd be deluded to say that I don't also think they look nice and enjoy that quality of them, but I'm certainly not going to try and start a circlejerk wherever I go like some kind of post-ironic mactard.

Go at least Core 2. Core 1 is shit (bad SSSE2 performance, no SSSE3, no 64bit).

Since when doesn't Sup Forums like traps and boys gone girls?

just do the t61 mobo swap

since forever you closeted meme regurgitating faggot